“Impressive, New, Modern, I would definately stay here again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park

Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Park City, Utah
“Impressive, New, Modern, I would definately stay here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

This Holiday Inn is brand new, modern, and has all the ammentites for a great stay whether on business or passing through. Its the best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in and it rivaled some of the big name hotels I have stayed at in the past. This is not a 5 star hotel but I would give it a 5 star rating for value.

Regardless of what you are doing in Casper, everything is only a few minutes away from everything. I would recommend this hotel to stay in Casper, WY.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

I usually stay away from the Holiday Inn brand, so I was surprised to see this one rated #1 in Casper. I figured it might be a comment on how thin the market was in Casper that a Holiday Inn topped the list. But this place is terrific. Very friendly staff from the front desk to the restaurant crew (friendly without being overbearing), brand new property that is clean and very modern (each booth in the restaurant has its own plasma TV with remote!). The rooms are also clean and modern, and very quiet (far enough off the highway that you get no highway noise). The only minor drawback to the place is that it's on the eastern edge of the town, but because Casper isn't that big, this isn't much of a drawback. I can't imagine anyplace else in Casper would be better.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank CrabberWheels
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

We had planned a road trip with a number of 1 and 2 night stops and struggled to see much in Casper. We were very reluctant to book a holiday inn hotel as previous hotels have been drab and low quality. What a surprise when we arrived here. The place is neat, tidy and new. Our room was to a much higher standard than so called 'higher' rated hotels we stayed in during our trip. We were in the 'quiet' floor too which was actually quiet! The staff were also very friendly. Complimentary breakfast with our own tv in the booth was excellent too. Perfect for us being on the outskirts of town so we could get away easily and with an excellent grille for food just up the road.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2009

The Good: Nice, clean, modern rooms. Big TV, speedy internet. More of a four star room than I expected to find in a Holiday Inn. The location is a short distance from town, so it's quiet but still accessible. Nice fitness facilities, larger than most and with 2 TVs.

The Bad: Maybe it's just Casper, but this hotel was the most expensive one I stayed at in a trip across country, and I stayed at better hotels. Half the hotel has views of Casper's refineries. Non-existent breakfast. I was hoping to get a hot breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is posted to be served until 10AM, but when I came down at 9:15 the breakfast area's lights were off and no one was around. I know it's a small thing to quibble about, it just would have been nice to have seen some effort considering what guests pay to stay at the hotel.

I would recommend trying another hotel in town, or better yet, try another town.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank runSun
Troy, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

We happened upon this newer hotel in Casper. It is located in a business park, very convenient to the highway, but far enough away to have absolutely NO road noise.
From the moment we drove up to the front door, EVERYTHING was wonderful - we were warmly greeted, offered fresh cookies and were efficiently checked into our room.
The room was silent, even though the floor was full. The room itself was very well setup and designed. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows - the bathroom was wonderful with HUGE towels and lots of them!
We were given a coupon for a free drink and we were able to choose anything that we wanted.
The free breakfast was not just some cereal, but anything that you wanted off the menu or from the buffet. The GM stopped by to say hello and completely impressed me with his genuine interest in the property and in our comfort - he presented me with his business card and offered to personally assist us with our reservations in the future.
I have traveled extensively over the last 20 years and this hotel is my new favorite best hotel.
The only thing that I would change is the heat control in the rooms - my husband needs some noise to sleep and we were not able to get the unit to adjust to make constant noise.

• Liked — Everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeanie W
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2008

This hotel is practically brand new and is absolutely great. The property is beautiful - both lobby and rooms. We booked it on hotels.com for less than $100 which included buffet breakfast in the morning - including scrambled eggs, meat, hash browns, etc. The nicest 3 star hotel that I have ever stayed at - in fact if nobody told me it was a Holiday Inn I would have assumed it was a small Hyatt or something similar. Service was excellent - front desk and waitress at the restaurant. Free outside parking. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2008
2 Thank optimist1
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2008

Having stayed in the Casper area on several occasions since 2003, this is clearly the best business hotel in the area. It is brand-new - apparently, the Holiday Inn chain is revamping its brand (it looked so unlike the old Holiday Inn properties with its new logo that we drove right past) - extremely clean, and well-decorated. In addition, unlike Hampton Inn, etc., it is a full service hotel with room service and a restaurant - very helpful when on business trips. The staff was very professional and accomodating. The guy who fixed my television so I could get the Steelers game deserves a special note of thanks.

My only complaint regarding this hotel is that the heating unit was a bit on the loud side which sometimes woke me when it turned on at night. However, I would definitely stay here if I found myself in Casper again. (The C'mon Inn - see review - was a close second when we made our reservations - it is great but probably a bit less suited for business travel than the Holiday Inn). Casper hotels have come a long way since 2003!

• Liked — Full service business hotel
  • Disliked — Noisy heating unit
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business