“They lie, don't stay here.”

Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I am normally an easy to satisfy traveler, however this was not an ordinary experience. I work for the state and travel both within and outside the state fairly frequently. When I was scheduled for a meeting in Casper I called the Holiday in just as I have several times in the past and told the person on the phone I needed to make a reservation. I was transferred to a "service" and was told no rooms were available at the state perdium rate ($83) and I would have to pay $184 for the room. I declined the room and hung up. About 2 hours later I called the hotel directly (others in I was traveling with had already made reservations). After a short conversation I was told I needed to tell them not to transfer me when I needed a reservation. Eventually a resrvation was made which I was told included a complementery breakfast at the per dium rate. Upon arrival my check in form showed the rate at $144 dollars but did indicate the fee was tax exempt. Again more delays and a hotel manager had to be included before this was worked out. This is when I learned there was no conmplimentary breakfast but there was a 10% off card for the restaraunt (lunch and dinner only). So off to my room which would not cool down for a pretty much sleepless night. When I checked out the next morning my folio indicated tax had been charged. When I asked the desk clerk about this he told me I had to provide "a personal tax exempt number". I have stayed at this hotel more times than I can remember while on business trips and have never been asked for this. The 20 something can't pull his pants up clerk had no idea of customer service and refused to call a manager telling me it was the way it was and the manager would tell me the same way. I left and had to contact the hotels business office days later to get the room charged right. I had already made reservations for another trip to Casper which I cancelled and I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. Funny thing is they won't care because the oilfield industry has them sold out more nights than not. Enjoy them I won't be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Scot M
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Scot M,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We value all of our guests and their opinions. I apologize that your check in and checkout experience was not to your satisfaction. We ask for Government ID to make sure that the discounted rates being offered are for federal and state government employees. As for the Tax Exempt Number that was requested, this is a State of Wyoming Law that we have a Tax Exempt Number, from the Agency of the person requesting Tax Exempt status, in order for us not collect sales and lodging tax. If this in any way inconvenienced you, I apologize.
Our Hotel offers a full service restaurant with Breakfast and Dinner served daily. Unfortunately we have never offered a complimentary breakfast and I again apologize if this was something you were unaware of.
Thank you for being our guest and we hope that if you are in the area again, you will give us another shot at your business!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The front desk check in really put me over the top on this stay. I am not 100% sure how to spell her name, but I think it is "Carree" and I would like to let everyone know she is doing a fantasitic job. She was quite busy, and was able to handle several check ins all with a smile.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear 307Carl,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We value all of our guest’s feedback and I want to thank you for taking time to review us. I will pass along your kind words to Carye and the Front Office Manager. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again!
Best regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

VERY VERY VERY VERY NICE hotel!! My family stayed here when traveling to Phoenix Arizona it was above and beyond my expectations! Beds we're comfy and so was our clean large room. Hotel is new and everything is up to date! The shampoo and lotions were even from Bath and Body Works! Would defiantly stay here again!!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Carter_tennis

Dear Carter_tennis,
Thank you for your kind words and taking time to review us! I’m glad you enjoyed the hotel and I want to thank you for being our guest. I hope that if you are traveling through Casper again you’ll stop by and see us.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Sam was very caring about our needs of our meeting. When we needed changes done she made it happen. The problem I had was we had a large group and the size of the room was not big enough. Thus, the surveys reflected it. Will try another location next time, but not a reflection on this location. Rooms are awesome!! Lunches that were supplied were awesome too!!

Room Tip: All ways take a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Samantha K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our property! We're very glad to hear your rooms were great and that you enjoyed your lunches. I am happy to see you had such a great turnout for your meeting but am sorry to see that it exceeded the capacity of our meeting facilities. We'd love to work with you again should you have any events in the future with a smaller number in attendance. Thank you again for your comments!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Our first stay in this new hotel. Check in was flawless. Our room was quite spacious, appointments were complimentary without being over the top. HVAC system was both efficient and quiet. The exercise room/hot tub exceeded our experiences from many other hotels we have visited. Plenty of equipment, clean, well-maintained. Breakfast was delightful. Service was excellent, only exceeded by the quality of the food.

We will be back!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind review on our property! We're very glad to hear you enjoyed your room, your meal and the amenities available at the hotel and that you were satisfied with the service of both our restaurant and front desk staff. We will be sure to share your comments with everyone here at the hotel and look forward to seeing you on your next stop through Casper!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night after we had been on a hunting trip. We were there durning the Winter Storm Atlas we had to fly out on Sunday and had to have a motel close to airport so we could have shuttle service at 4:30 in morning.we had no power for several days and no water so I was really ready for a hot shower. The restaurant was really good also I would stay her again!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank happytravels35
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you Happytravels35 for your kind words and taking the time to review our hotel in Casper. I'm happy we could help out with the hot shower! That winter storm was a big one and I'm glad we were able to help with your travel needs during that time. We look forward to seeing you again at the Holiday Inn Casper in the future!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I always pick Holiday Inn because of their track record,but this one fell way short.
The room itself was ok,but the mattresses were horrible and too soft,the bathroom towels were thin and had thread hanging off them because they were so worn. I wondered if it was a new hotel,because of its location in a business park. If so everything should be new,not old.
The restaurant food was ok, but the wait staff seemed new and untrained. She had to leave our table several times to get answers to our questions.I was less than thrilled after a long day driving.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us in Casper. I’m sorry to hear that it was not up to the level of service and quality we are committed to provide. I can assure you that your comments will be passed along to the restaurant staff and housekeeping in our continued efforts to provide outstanding service and clean, comfortable surroundings for all of our guests. We hope that if you are traveling through Casper again you will give us another try!