“Nice with exceptions.”

Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice and clean. However, the towels need to be replaced. Older,thin and raggy. Extra cost for Mountain View not worth it. Really Liked option for extra points instead of free cocktail! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Samantha K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I have shared your comments about the towels with our housekeeping department. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Casper.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just returned from a weekend-family affair stay @ Holiday Inn East. What a marvelous experience! The staff was exceptionally friendly, especially the Oriental guy (sorry didnt get his name). We ordered room service and the food was both hot and delicious.The bed was amazing-best hotel bed I've ever experienced and housekeeping staff were great and very accommodating. Manager/s never fail to ask "How was your stay" Great HOTEL and WONDERFUL stay! We will stay next year again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words and comments regarding your stay with us! We strive extremely hard to provide outstanding service and a memorable experience for all of our guests. I will make sure I share your comments with my staff, especially my Front Office Manager whom you mentioned in your review. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future!
Best Regards,

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The front desk staff and restaraunt staff were very friendly and helpful. The food at the restaraunt was decent though a tad over priced for what you get. Unfortunately the walls are a bit thin and I could hear one neighbor sawing logs and the other having a noisy get together next door. Needless to say getting a good nights sleep was elusive. The rooms were clean though I will note the housekeeping staff (4th floor) decided to not clean my room one day despite seeing me leave. I actually heard them say "we arn't going to do that stayover today. They will probably be mad". As a former housekeeper myself all I can say to those two ladies (one brunette, the other a (pregnant?) blond) is that is NOT acceptable. A fridge and microwave in all the rooms would be a nice upgrade for the future. Right now only suits offer those amenities. Overall the place has a ton of potential with a few improvements.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear JaneD1_13,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. Your valuable insights and willingness to spare some of your time to relay your comments is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your time and staying with us. We look forward to hosting you again.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Very nice room and facility with an exercise room, laundry facility, indoor pool and adjoining restaurant. Dinner and breakfast was good. Friendly staff.Everything under one roof. Located on the main road to town, near a Wal-Mart and other restaurants, including a seafood place not far away. Free coffee 24/7 in lobby.

Room Tip: Since there is an elevator, ask for a room away from it if you want it quiet, although we were near...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Samantha K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and enjoyed dining in our on-site restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Casper!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Colorado on the night of July 4th. At check-in, despite the hotel appearing empty, the front desk couldn't accommodate our request for a ground floor room, and then gave us a room with one king bed despite asking for two doubles, so we had to go back downstairs to get another room. The beds were ok, but it was time for the hotel to renew their sheets because these were threadbare and felt like fine grade sand paper. The hotel was fairly clean though, so I was going to give it the benefit of the doubt. At 1:15am in the morning, however, you could hear the family in the neighboring room with their kids jumping up and down on the bed so clearly that I thought at first someone was in our room. I called downstairs and the manager told me that he couldn't do anything if he stood outside the room and didn't hear anything. I told him he could gladly sit in our room and listen because it was keeping me up and I had to be up at 6:30am.

At breakfast, I was told I couldn't substitute the potatoes for something else, and was shocked to get a $35.00 bill for two people for breakfast. Yikes...I was ok without the option of free breakfast you would normally expect from a Holiday Inn, but this was a bit of a gouge in this day and age for a 2 1/2 / 3 star brand. Finally, upon checkout, our bill had an error on it. Yikes, what a bad experience from beginning to end.

The hotel is close to the highway and mall as you are heading out of town, but that is about the only benefit to staying at this hotel. Look somewhere else.

Room Tip: elevators are at one end....beware a long walk.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Greg C
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I’m extremely sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to expectations and can assure you that your comments will be addressed with my staff. I’m sorry we were unable to accommodate you with a first floor room, unfortunately the hotel’s first floor is primarily public space and we only have four rooms on the first floor, with one of them being a double queen.
I also want to apologize for the noise and I will be talking with my front desk on options to handle future noise complaints late in the evening.
Full Service Holiday Inn’s do not offer a free breakfast but we do provide a full service restaurant for our guest’s convenience. I hope that if you are traveling through Casper again that you would give us another try.
Thank you for your comments, it’s great to get feedback and learn of areas of improvement for our staff and hotel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Overnighted here while on a leisure road trip. We'd consider it again if we were staying in town again although it wouldn't be our first choice and we'd shop the competition. But this time, even though we made reservations a couple of months in advance, all other options we would have considered were already booked as there seems to have been an event in town.

This hotel was in a good location. Upgraded public spaces, comfortable rooms are thumbs up even if a spendy price tag for Casper for an overnight. But if you are a business traveler in Casper planning for several days stay, I imagine this would be the best option by far.

LOCATION
The McMurray Park location is a good one as it is convenient to freeway access to downtown and also go the business district trip area of Casper.

FACILITY
We were a bit put off when we arrived in early afternoon to find not a single car in the huge lot and really dirty windows on the front of the really big building. We thought "oh oh...what does everyone else know that we don't?".

But as it turns out, the lobby was spacious, nicely appointed and clean. By evening the place was filling up.

This is perhaps one of the largest of hotels in town and has several conference and event rooms. For example, a wedding reception had obviously been held in one of them on the eve before our arrival and a business conference was being held in another beginning the day after.

Free papers and coffee in the lobby in the morning, and if you get there early enough while the pump pot is still hot, it is pretty good.

ROOMS
This is a four floor hotel. There are no rooms on the first floor. Odd numbered rooms face freeway (back of hotel). Even numbered front facing rooms look over parkng lot to frontage road and are quieter.

Avoid the second floor room assignments at front over the parking lot. In particular those rooms right above the hotel entry that face the parking lot as the windows also face the side of a portico covering.

We had a corner room on the 4th floor facing front and it was quiet at night.

Read on to service for why I share this tidbit about room locations now.

Overall our room was spacious enough, the bed was comfy enough, the bathroom was in good working order and so were electronics in the room. Everything was tidy and clean. Although I've seen other reviewers mention their rooms lacked a fridge, I'm next to certain there was one in ours under the microwave.

STAFF / SERVICE
Arrived early afternoon, around 2p, figuring it was too early for check in but thought we'd see if a room was available that met requests made at time of reservation for upper floor / quiet location.

Single desk clerk on duty both answering continually ringing phones for reservation info and doing room assignments. Come back in 90 minutes or so,she told us, and such a room would be ready for us.

Two hours later we returned. While my hubby unloaded our car, the same person with whom we spoke earlier gave me the room assignment which was on second floor not upper floor, right at the portico cover.

Hmmm...I said, this is not what we discussed a couple of hours ago. Ummm, she asked, is this a problem for you?

So after more time than it should have taken for this check in, we were finally assigned a room that met our requests as promised earlier. But for the need to "wrestle" this all things considered, not so good.

IN HOUSE RESTAURANT
'Twas a Sunday so the couple of Casper non-chain restaurants which I had on our radar turned out to be closed. We decided to brave the in house restaurant and eat in the bar. Based on that experience, we'd say don't follow our lead. A good enough place for a simple cocktail. Not so great for the food.

The bar tender was delightful. We enjoyed talking with her during the couple of hours.

But there was a reason, we learned, why the restaurant was deserted and only a handful of folks in the bar were sticking to drinks.

THIS N THAT:

1) ACCESSIBILITY: All public areas seemed accessible except the bar which had no standard height tables and chairs.

2) LADIE"S LOBBY LOO: A lovely surprise in the spacious and sparkling ladie's loo on the first floor right off the lobby was that in addition to paper towels for handwashiing they also had cloth handtowels to use and toss in a hamper. Nice.

3) BREAKFAST: Not free here. Restaurant has breakfast buffet for purchase. Based on poor experience with restauarant at dinner, we opted for breakfast options at the Starbuck's less than a mile away.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank piacere
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Piacere,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We strive extremely hard to provide outstanding service and a clean, comfortable place for our guests to stay. I can assure you that I am addressing your comments with the staff and we would love for you to stay with us again.
Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We found this hotel to be very clean and comfortable. The staff were cheerful and helpful.
The only negative thing I can say is that the rooms do not have a fridge and microwave . It should be standard equipment these days as a lot of prescription medicine needs to be kept refrigerated.

Stayed: June 2013
Samantha K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Unfortunately we do have have a refrigerator in all of our rooms, however we do have a few fridges that are available upon request. Next time you stay with us, please let us know that you require one and we will do our best to upgrade you to a suite with a fridge or make arrangements for one to be brought to your room for your stay. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!