“Mix of good and not so good.”

Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We came to Casper for business. We had to be there Thursday and Friday night, and the first night was great. Lovely room, great sheets, nice TV, pleasant all around. A little disappointed we had to pay $10 each for breakfast, but it was very nice. Then we drove 7 hours to outside Lusk and back, and came back to a busy place. Full of youngsters for a youth basketball tournament. On one side of us was a group of giggly girls, up until after 10 o'clock laughing, banging on walls and having a great time. On the other side was a group of adults, who evidently hadn't see each other for weeks. Needless to say, our night was less that comfortable. I called the desk at 10:30 and there was only one person there, who couldn't come up for a while. So I called next door and told the kids to be quiet. It worked. But the rest of the night was noisy, outside, upstairs, and in the hall. Until after midnight. But in the morning, when we talked to the new shift, they were apologetic, sweet, and very nice. They offered us a breakfast, and were very supportive. We left without breakfast, but not upset. We just wanted to get home. After reflection, I was less than fair, we all paid for these rooms, and it was an unfortunate occurrence. BUT I think they should have had security or more than one person at the desk, and also, when we arrived, I asked if there were going to be a lot of kids, they said that there were a few. If I had been more on the ball, I would have asked for a room on the top floor, as isolated as possible. But I didn't. So finally: would I stay here again? Yes, but I would be more careful. A learning experience for me. But the people were nice, the place was extremely comfortable and clean. Next time I will miss the day full of kids. They deserve to have fun, too.

Room Tip: Top floor away from groups, I guess.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Wyohaygal
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Wyohaygal,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on the Holiday Inn Casper. Your feedback is appreciated. I’m sorry to hear that your second night at the hotel was not as great as your first and I can assure you we take that to heart. Having our guests enjoy their stay is one of our top priorities and I’m sorry if we failed to deliver on that priority. I want to personally thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Casper for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.
Best Regards

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Too much noise from rooms and hallways. Kept us up too much. Stayed 3 nights for the state basketball playoffs. I was disappointed that they only had suites with a king bed and not with two. They were nice enough to bring us a refrigerator. I was really hoping for a little more room like I had with the other Holidays we stayed with on this trip. The doors were very heavy to open, not like the others we have stayed at. I would stay at a different hotel next trip

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Flasher53
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Flasher53,
I’m extremely sorry to hear that your stay was less than a perfect 10 at the Holiday Inn Casper. We strive very hard to provide outstanding service and clean, comfortable surroundings.
We truly value all of our guests and their feedback. I hope that if you are ever traveling through Casper again you will give us another try.
Best Regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last night. We arrived late and after a few glitches getting us a room (a few trips to the front desk after we checked in) we finally settled in for the night ordered room service and went to bed. The receptionist at check-in gave us a coupon for a free breakfast the next morning for our troubles, which we really appreciated. Said it was for $20 for each person. The food from room service was ok. I'd say say 7/10. the chips they brought were excellent. 18% grat. was incl. At breakfast the next morning we gave the coupon to our server. She said it was only for $20 total. I mentioned in passing how the front desk said it was for per person. It didn't matter to us, we were just happy that we got a little something for the annoyance we had to go through the night before. A few minutes later the waitress comes back with a woman from the front desk and she said she was comping us our entire stay! I did not expect this and was pleasantly surprised. We never receive this kind of customer service anymore!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Klala
JohnMaple, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

With the year coming to a close, I wanted to thank all of those on Trip Advisor for submitting your comments regarding the Holiday Inn Casper. Feed back is a crucial part of our industry and it helps us focus on areas of improvement.
It’s been a great year and we have valued all of our guests that have stayed with us in 2012 and I wanted to personally thank you for your loyalty to the Holiday Inn brand and to our Holiday Inn in Casper, WY.
I wish you all a very Happy Holiday Season and I hope to see you all again at our beautiful Hotel in Casper where our guests are our top priority!
Best Wishes

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in McMurry Park on September 10, 2012, luckily avoiding a nearby forest fire that had threatened to cause evacuation of the entire area. In fact, our mountain view room looked at the flames and smoldering remains of much of a nearby mountain. The hotel is located a good distance from the airport, but the drive was easy enough and from the look of other guest lodgings on the route which Trip Advisor recommended avoiding, it was a worthwhile drive. The hotel is in a newer 'burb of Casper and there are many dining, shopping and other choices nearby.
We were surprised by the size of the hotel, which is clearly designed for the business traveler. Lots of meeting rooms, tons of parking, all the amenities one could wish for. All in all, a terrific and modern option. The beds, appointments and service are excellent; unfortunately, the hotel does suffer from an issue common to today's new construction, which is that it can be a bit noisy. We were extreme late arrivals and didn't get to bed until 2 a.m. but still found it impossible to sleep past 7 a.m. due to the sheer volume of traffic, doors slamming, voices in the hallway, etc..
All things considered, this hotel is one of the best options in the area with many more pluses than minuses.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I loved staying at this hotel. I don't normally stay at Holiday Inns, but this one was excellent. There is a restaurant on the main floor and coffee in the mornings. The hotel staff was so nice and even had fresh chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon. Since it is close to Halloween, there is a pumpkin full of candy as well. The room had a lot of extra space, and that is always a bonus. I would stay on the west side since the east side is where the dumpster is, and they get the trash in the morning. Great hotel and location!

Room Tip: I would stay on the west side since the east side is where the dumpster is, and they get the trash i...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KarenD506
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This modern HI is located in a newer area of town with a lot of restaurants to choose from and shopping opportunities. There was a girls soccer team staying there and the friendly staff thankfully gave us a mountain view room on the top floor away from the noise. The room was quiet and clean and had a separate bedroom door that blocked the hall noise even more. The pool was a nice size and packed with the girls having a grand time!

Our stay was great except breakfast was not included, which I was aware of when booking the room. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level with a mountain view.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We read the reviews and found that it is definitely a pretty new hotel with nice beds, rooms are a nice size and bathrooms very adequate. The people at the desk were so nice and friendly. After a 6 hr. drive it was nice to see friendly faces willing to help. There is a pool and hot tub on the premises, which we took advantage of. They suggested a restaurant called GQ Bar-B-Q that was delicious. The ribs were great!! We've been eating out for 15 days now and it was very casual, the service friendly and the food was delicious. This was a one night stop for us and it was exactly what we needed. They do have a bar and grill here but we did not try it. Location is about 15 minutes from downtown but it's nice and quiet here. They also have washer/dryers here that you can use and free internet service.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and it was perfect!!