“Breakfast not included if paying state government rate” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park

Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Wilds of Wyoming
“Breakfast not included if paying state government rate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

The hotel was nice, the customer service was satisfactory. I would not recommend it for any state employee that is in the area on business if they plan on having breakfast as the breakfast is not included if you are paying the state rate. This is not noted on the information available, it indicates that breakfast is included. We were very disappointed by this. If I were traveling for leisure it would be a nice place to stay and then breakfast would be included.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank birkie63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

Quiet, fun, best view in Casper, good cocktails, NO KIDS, close to the best shopping, easy interstate access, great food, live entertainment in the bar, clean, new, classy. The staff was so friendly and the homemade chips they serve for bar snacks should be illegal.

I am a junkie for a nice hotel that offers all amenities, yet is quiet--if that makes sense. This hotel caters to the business clientele and doesn't offer much for the family crowd--yay! I get sick and tired of travelling on business, trying to get a good night's sleep, only to have screaming kids running up and down the halls all night. If a hotel could have a movie rating, I would rate this one NC-17!!! YAY! Adult crowd, but fun, pool and all--but the only one splashing in it was ME! The Asian Shrimp Salad was 2DIE4!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jillieb19
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

I travel to Casper quarterly for work and have always enjoyed my stay at this hotel and used to find the restaurant great. This trip was not a good one. With an empty parking lot at 4:00 p.m. I thought it would be an easy check in with no reservations - not so. It took two people to find a room, and longer process than it should have been as the hotel remained very empty. Restaurant/bar was always the draw for me at this hotel as the food and service was tops. This trip, I went to the bar at 4:30 on Sunday evening, did not seem open, but had THREE staff members sitting around the bar - I asked if they were open, and after a long pause, they said they were open....it then took them a LONG time and server lack of enthusiasm to tell me the wines they had available, I left and went down the road to another restaurant - FIREROCK, that had great service and a very good happy hour. Sorry the staff at this restaurant blew it for the hotel and restaurant.
Guess the "newness" has worn off of this hotel - used to give coupons to the restaurant for free cocktail, and had above parr service - that is what drew me in the first time. Stay at the Holdiay Inn Express closer to town - at least you get a free breakfast and sub-parr service - same at the McMurray Hotel nbow

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MJDenver
RiskManagement, General Manager at Holiday Inn Casper East-McMurry Park, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
Hi, my name is Nicholas Hill and I manage the Holiday Inn @ McMurry Park. I fully would like to apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced during your stay. I would love the chance to redeem ourselves and get some further information so that we may address some of the issues you had. Again, I apologize for this. Please give me a call at 307-577-5000 x 4002 as I am always available 7 days a week. Thank you for sharing this important feedback with us.
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

We stayed there on our way down to Colorado. The hotel is a bit outside of Casper in a new business area, but has everything within a 10min drive. There is a superb restaurant FireRock just two minutes away and gas/groceries/shopping not even 10min.

The hotel itself looks pretty new, the rooms were clean, comfortable and plush. We loved the spacious bathrooms as well as the big and soft towels. The only downside was our room faced the AC outside the window, very noisy! We luckily packed ear plugs for the night and could ignore the pretty loud noise.

They have a nice pool and spa area and this is nice after a long drive. The staff was friendly and we would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jesena
Charlestown, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

I was in Wyoming on a 2 week backpacking trip and my stay at this hotel was for the day before departing to come home. I appreciated the very clean, quiet room. There was a free shuttle to the airport which was my sole reason for booking the room. I arrived at the hotel at 7:30am and was able to check in. Much appreciated! There was laundry available and room service. The hotel isn't near anything but if the timing is right, the shuttle is available for non hotel runs. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank bout_23
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Not in Casper as you can tell from the “East-McMurray Park”. About 12 miles out of town, isolated, two years old, sprouting out of the plains. Very nice Holiday Inn ($149 a night) big flat screen TV, free wifi, coffee maker. Nice in house restaurant. Free drink or appetizer for Priority Club members. No free breakfast. Curly cue light bulbs so reading is marginal for us old folks but doesn’t everyone carry a 75 watt incandescence bulb that is no problem for airport security?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Eagle River, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

Nice newer hotel on the outskirts of town. Perfectly pleasant stay, comfortable clean room. We were on the quiet floor - I wish all hotels had these! Had to do a lot of laundry and the facility was actually quite nice. Good pool and spa for the kids. I remember hotels by the quality of my sleep, and I slept very well here. Cozy beds with lots of pillows - two thumbs up to Holiday Inns for making bedding a top priority. I wish they were all as nice as this one.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family