“Comfortable Beds - Great Breakfast”
Review of Days Inn Casper

Days Inn Casper
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Fargo, ND
“Comfortable Beds - Great Breakfast”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The beds are comfortable, the hotel is nice and clean. There is one small problem, the toilets are really low and the shower, toilet are in a very tiny space. Too tiny.

Breakfast is fabulous. Eggs, pancakes, wffles, bacon. That is what created the 4th star.

Very friendly and accomodating staff.

Flavored drinks and popcorn during the day.

Room Tip: The builing is a main building and a U shape around it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
casperdaysgm, General Manager at Days Inn Casper, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I would like to thank you for reviewing your stay at the Days Inn of Casper. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. I do appologize for the limited space that we do have in our bathroom areas. We will look to see what options there are for a taller toilet that would fit in our accomodations. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is a nice and clean example of a Days Inn. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly. I only had two issues with my stay. First, the internet had a strong signal but was very slow. I do not watch TV but I do use Hulu and this was not possible during this stay. I tried it again in the morning to make sure that it wasn't due to people around me hogging bandwidth but it was still slow. The other issue was the shower. The water kept switching from hot to cold nearly giving me several heart attacks while showering. If it weren't for these two issues, I would have given this place a perfect score.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our property. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the Days Inn of Casper. Since your stay, we have increased our wireless bandwith, changed out our old access points and upgraded the system. We were also able to have maintenance work on the shower problem you experienced and changed out the tub valves.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2013

When I arrived, the receptionist was a cheerful young lady who explained she was new, but told me all the facilities of the hotel: breakfast, gym, laundry, nearby restaurants. That was where the best part of this visit ended. I was given room 117, which seemed a little shabby. In the morning, I discovered that the toilet was blocked. I mean blocked solid, if it was flushed the water would rise almost to the level of the seat and trickle away over an hour. At breakfast time I went to reception and asked if I could stay an extra night due to the snowstorm, and also asked for the toilet to be fixed at the same time. The (different) receptionist promised they would be right on it. At 11:00am I went back to reception and was told the maintenance team were working on another toilet issue. At 2:00pm I went to reception again and was told they are still working the other toilet issue. I then asked to change rooms and was given room 115 - next door to my original room.
In room 115 I settled in and then tested the toilet - this one was running all the time. So you would hear water trickling into the bowl then every three minutes it would refill the tank. On top of this the room was very cold, the HVAC unit was throwing out cold air even on max heat. I went back to reception and they said someone will come along. A short time later a young maintenance man came and pulled the HVAC away from the wall, and it suddenly started working. He said it must have tripped and turning it off reset it. He then looked at the running toilet and said he would replace a part which he did, but it didn't fix it. He said he would talk to his boss. An hour later I found the HVAC had gone to cool again, but power cycling it made it warm for another ten minutes. However the toilet still ran. I went back to reception, and they said they would send maintenance again. Three guys including the earlier one came within minutes, but the senior one had an attitude. I told him the HVAC had gone cold again and he said it cycled, it was supposed to do that. I tried to explain that the cycle was once then need a power off, but he wasn't listening. He then went to the toilet and said it needed another part which they would need from Home Depot, and they all left. An hour later reception rang and said they could not source the part, and would I like to change rooms - again. She explained there was only one room left - 226.
So I moved to 226, only to find that too had no heating. The HVAC would just throw out cold air, so the room was actually warmer with it turned off. Knowing I'd waited six hours for a blocked toilet, and the wait for this may be much more at 5:00pm I just tolerated a cold room for the night. It also had a gross stain on an armchair, looked like someone peed themselves. Also the toilet paper triangle, you know, where they fold the paper to make a neat triangle, was made from the last sheet on the roll.
All three rooms were shabby, the housekeeping staff obviously do the best they can with an old tired hotel. The maintenance staff are run off their feet trying to fix things.
So in summary:
Room 117 - blocked toilet. I saw the notepad in the room had the shadow of a comment from a previous guest complaining of the toilet.
Room 115 - no heat unless you turn it off then back on every ten minutes, running toilet.
Room 226 - no heat. Gross stain. Toilet paper was last sheet plus a spare roll.

Read the negative TripAdvisor reviews, most of what others complain of I also saw during my two night stay there.

Good points: Friendly receptionist, reasonable breakfast.
Bad points: Well - I think I have covered them all.
I will not be back.

Room Tip: Check the plumbing and HVAC works before unpacking your case.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank WelshCanadian
casperdaysgm, General Manager at Days Inn Casper, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for filling out the online survey, WelshCanadian. I am sorry that you experienced numerous issues during your stay here. I have addressed these issues to make sure they are corrected. Thank you for letting us know.

Travelers are raving about these Casper hotels

Casper
Reviewed April 14, 2013

All the employees are extremely friendly, breakfast is great, beds are comfortable. The outside heated pool was a great attraction for the family. With in walking distance to movie places, resturant. the resturant in the same parking lot was a excellent for the family

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
casperdaysgm, General Manager at Days Inn Casper, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking some time to fill out a review on our Days Inn of Casper. I am glad that your family had an outstanding experience here. We work hard to provide great amenities for our guests. I believe we are the only hotel with an outdoor pool, which is a nice feature in the summer time and our breakfast has quite a few options with hot and cold items. We look forward to your future stays when you are in Casper.
Brighton, Colorado
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff at Days is very helpful I feel you get what you pay for. They are nice rooms and very clean seen some complaints on the internet but people do just that, I myself give this motel a Five Star Rating I have stayed in the other Value motels and I will return to the Days in Casper everytime! To the staff at Days in Thank You .

Room Tip: Parking is great easy access to the building Thanks again
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are extremely excited and pleased that you have enjoyed your stays here at the Days Inn. We strive to make everyone’s stay exceptional and provide excellent customer service. I look forward to your future stays with us and let us know if there is anything else we can improve on.