“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Livingston, MT, United States
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Returning from Texas, heading back to Montana. Got sick on the way back, and had to stop for the night. The hotel was beautiful, and the employees were wonderful. I just wish I had felt better so that I could have utilized all of the amenities,

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed our hotel so much! Our staff takes pride in taking great care of our guests. I hope that you are feeling much better and made the trip home safely! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything. We hope to see you again soon.

307-266-6000 ext 658

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Hastings
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is undergoing an extreme renovations. While our room was clean and very close to the pool like the kids wanted, it was not "finished". No pulls on the dresser drawers, no frig, etc. However it was clean with nice western decor hung up. The staff was very friendly. We ate breakfast at the hotel 2 mornings. It was nice, and reasonably priced. Also ordered a pizza from the restaurant late one night. It was nice not to have to go out to pick up a pizza.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very happy to see that you did notice our renovation that is taking place at this time in our hotel. We do have new furniture in all of the rooms but have not yet made it to the first floor to finish renovating those rooms. The crews are currently finishing up the 5th floor and are about to start the 4th floor. Wall paper is being torn down for new textured walls, new tile, granite, bathroom vanities, mirrors, etc. I apologize for not having knobs on the dresser. They have been sent by the furniture company! I cannot tell you how excited our staff is for the renovations to be completed for all of our guests to get to experience! We are also working on getting fridges and microwaves. We have a large shipment of them on order. I am also very pleased to hear you enjoyed our pizza. It is delicious!! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything in the future. We hope to see you again soon.

LINCOLN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I DO NOT recommend staying here. At check-in the first room they gave me wasn't even made up, apparently a maintenance person was watching TV in there after it was cleaned and left it a mess...so they say. They then proceeded to move me to a different room they had the head of housekeeping rushing up to the 2nd room they assigned me to she walked in just before me and started saying how I bad the first room was to the housekeeping crew and that I was on my way up, not knowing I was standing right outside the door of the room hearing every word she said...unprofessionally. At this point I should have said "Forget it I will stay somewhere else"...but I didn't they had me speak to the manager on duty in her office and assigned me to a 3rd room and offered me "Free Breakfast" for my stay. THIS experience shouldn't have even come to that...they at least tried but when you can't get it right till the third try you will lose customers. If you have a headache and forgot your pain reliever don't ask cause they don't even stock pain relievers in their vending machines...and I tried to send a fax 3 times (thank goodness it is free to fax and free to print from the business center) but all three times their fax machine didn't work and I had to go somewhere else. If you are traveling for business this place is not very business friendly. If you are traveling for leisure may I recommend staying elsewhere also. I didn't even have a fridge and microwave in the hotel room (things that are pretty much mainstream now when traveling) yet they charged close to 100.00 per night...not worth the money they charge. The bed was comfortable but the wind in Casper blew right through the heating/air conditioning unit and howled all night because the insulated barrier on the unit that is apparently supposed to prevent that blew right out of the unit. The morning of my first night they had construction workers pounding and scraping in a neighboring room at 7am...I understand they are remodeling but they should work on rooms that aren't neighboring paying customers rooms especially at that hour in the morning. I was on the 4th floor and it took forever for the hot water to get there for my shower. I regret ever spending my money on that hotel stay and suggest no matter what your travel needs you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ANITA C
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for not meeting and exceeding your expectations during your stay. There was no maintenance man staying in the rooms. Housekeeping was made aware of the issue and have doubled their efforts in double checking each other to inspect every single room. We also have a new head housekeeper that we are very excited about taking over the department! While we offered free breakfast to you for your troubles, we certainly did want to do anything it took to make your stay better. We have talked to the company that takes care of our fax machine. They have been trouble shooting the issue to get it taken care of as quickly as possible. During this exciting renovation period we have gotten new furniture for every guest room. Because of this we have to get new sizes of fridges and microwaves that fit in the furniture we have. We are working as quickly as our budget allows to get that done. In the mean time, we have fridges and microwaves available upon request. We are also getting new PTAC units and windows that will fix the "hurricane like" winds that we often experience in Casper! The construction workers have been talked to and it was made very clear that they are not to start until 9am. I do hope that you chose to stay with us again and experience our newly renovated rooms so that we can exceed your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

307-266-6000 ext 658

Travelers are raving about these Casper hotels

Manhattan, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Our room was updated and clean although the blankets on the bed were minimal. The walls were very thin, however, we left the fan on "auto" and that worked as a noise buffer. They allowed us to bring our newfoundland (130 lbs), for which we are grateful. The staff was very pleasant and helpful on the phone and in person. FYI: as history--this is an "older" hotel, that the new ownership is doing a nice job of bringing up to date. 20 years ago, this was a Hilton and was the "fancy" hotel in town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for having minimal blankets and thin walls. During this time we are working on a complete hotel renovation and will help minimize the noise issue with the thin walls. We are more than happy to let guests and their loved furry traveling friends stay with us! I am so glad that you enjoyed our staff. Thank you again for all of your kind words!! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future needs. We hope you stay with us again soon.

Whitefish, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a convention (which was in a nearby property). The room was comfortable and quiet. Everything functioned normally. The Hotel needs some updating though, it is showing its age a wee bit--eg. carpeting, walls, some of the fixtures.
Breakfast was another experience. While the food was ok, the service was "interesting". It took me a good 20 minutes to get the attention of the waitress after I was finished and then it took her another 5 minutes to figure out which bill was mine--made what had been a decent breakfast experience into something less than happy.
Other than that this hotel was better than the Convention property so no major complaints.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the Interstate so make sure to ask for a room that faces away from I-25 for a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you chose to stay at our hotel while your convention was at another property. We are currently in the middle of MAJOR renovations to our entire property to upgrade all of our guest amenities. When complete, the hotel will assuredly not show its age with the new carpet, textured walls, new fixtures, etc. All of us here at the Best Western Ramkota are excited for the completed product! I do apologize sincerely for the issues you experienced in the restaurant. I will be letting the restaurant manager know of your experience with the waitress. I hope you choose to stay with us again soon so that we can show you all of the progress we are making with the renovation and to give us a second chance to prove ourselves in the restaurant. If you need anything at all please do not hesitate to contact me directly!!

Sincerely

Orange, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I like staying at the Best western Hotels. They seem to have all what you need in one place. Once i make it to my hotel i don't like to go out to eat or have a night cap. Staying in Casper I would recomment it to any one. Stay 4 months in a best western in West vergina and stayed 1 month at a best western in Cal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Joseph P
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to see that you love staying at Best Westerns!! One of the best things about staying at our hotel is that we have a wonderful restaurant and lounge on site for all of our weary guests to eat in and not have to leave property! I am also very happy to hear you will be recommending our hotel to any one coming through the Casper area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any reservation needs or help with anything! We hope you come back and stay with us again soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during the high school pulled backstate volleyball championships.

The Good:
-It was extremely close to the Casper Events Center where the tournament was held. Very convenient.
-We had large group with several small children. The pool was great for kids and families. Fun slides and water cannons.

The Bad:
-The first night we were there, we hung out by the pool most of the evening. The kids swam. We ordered food. And suddenly, when the food was brought out to us we were informed by one girl on the staff that we couldn't sit there because there was a birthday party going on. We questioned her and she rudley kicked us out. There was nothing reserved and there were no private parties... just another group enjoying the space as we were. We ended up taking all of our kids and food over to the restaurant where management did apologize and comped our meal. They knew exactly who we were talking about and promised they were going to take care of her as she had been an ongoing problem. OK fine.
-The food... just bad. Overcooked, overpriced. The breakfast buffet is $9 for powered eggs and dried out home fries. Ridiculous.
- Smells and noise from constant construction. Several rooms in our hallway were being sanded, painted, spackled, etc and the fumes were horrible, not to mention the noise and the dust from the construction as well.
-The air system in our room was LOUD. And I mean high pitched, rusty fan, SCREECHING, WHISTLING LOUD. We tried the air/fan at every different level and it was constant. So it ended up being very hot and uncomfortable in our room because we could not sleep with the air on. We couldn't even hear the TV or hold a conversation, that's how loud it was. Staff said there was "nothing they could do."

THE UGLY:
-The first night, we got to our room, pulled back our covers to go to sleep, and we're horrifed. The bed was filled with huge dirt clots. As if somebody had slept in their work boots the night before. We pulled back to covers all the way and there was a crumbled up receipt in the bed, along with more dirt and mud. It was obvious our sheets had not been changed from the last guest. We called the front desk and asked that they please send someone down to make our beds with clean sheets. After a few groans and sighs as we had obviously inconvenienced him with this request, he said he would send someone down. About an hour later, someone finally showed up. She comes in questioning why we need the sheets changed and AFTER we show her the mess in the bed she agrees to go get new sheets... 15 minutes later she shows up, now with clean linens. She begins making the bed, putting sheets on sideways/backwards and complaining that each one must be "defective" as she continues to stuff them into/onto the bed. We didn't even care how the bed looked at this point. We just wanted to go to bed on clean sheets. She finishes up the first bed and goes to walk out. We ask about the second bed and we another round of questions as to why we need that bed changed too. We state that since this bed obviously wasn't changed, then I highly doubt that one was either. She leaves and another 15 minutes goes by before she shows back up with clean linens for the second bed. She then starts making the second bed, complaining the whole time that she's not even from housekeepinh. She's a driver for the hotel who said she'd come do this because she didn't want to drive a group of drunk guests to the bar. Great. Whatever. So she finishes the second bed and goes to walk out when we ask about new pillowcases, which still had not been brought. "You want new pillowcases too!?" Um. Yes. Is that a serious question? Another 20 minutes goes by before she comes back with clean pillowcases which she just hands me and then walks away. Rude again, but just wanted to go to sleep as it was now past midnight and my 2-year old was throwing a fit. We put new cases on the pillows and finally lay down which is when we turned on the air mentioned above. Exhausted to do anything about it or argue after the front desk told us there was nothing they could do, we just turned it off and went to sleep as we had to get an early start the next morning.

Overall:
We will not be staying here ever again, and would not recommend it to anyone else. The pool area was great for the kids but other than that it was filthy dirty, the staff was rude, and we were just overwhelmingly disappointed by our experience.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Teresa S
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. First, I would like to say I am very happy that you enjoyed our location and pool area for the children. We do find that many families thoroughly enjoy our little water play land! Second, I want to sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay with us. The staff member you first mentioned has been dealt with accordingly so I can assure you that will not be a issue in the future. Our general manager, whom comp'd your meal, has been made aware of your review so that she can immediately fix them. I have also given a copy to the head chef so he is also aware of issue you had with your food. I am not sure where your room was located, but currently we have only had construction on the sixth floor, which we have blocked off to all guests, and in our fitness room on the first floor. We haven't received any other complaints so far as to our ongoing construction, so if you wouldn't mind either calling (307-266-6000 ext 658) or emailing me (reservations@ramkotacasper.com) I would greatly appreciate it so that I can track down this problem! The staff will be reprimanded for saying there was "nothing they could do" and I will send maintenance to that room immediately when I hear from you or have them go check all the rooms.
Please know that the head housekeeper has been made aware of the issue you had with your room on the first night being dirty. The lady who came up to make your beds has already been spoken with about her behavior. Overall I am very sorry we were unable to meet your needs during your stay in all aspects. I hope that you come back and stay with us again so that we have a second chance to prove that we are able to accommodate you and your family to your satisfaction! With the complete renovation we are in the middle of, our hotel will be almost like brand new by March 1st!! All of these issues will be taken care of immediately to assure that they do not happen again. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for any future reservations or needs! I hope we see you again soon.

Sincerely