“Rude staff!”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Denver, Colorado
“Rude staff!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I actually never even got to stay in this hotel, but that is because when I called to reserve a room the lady was rude and seemed to have an attitude when I would ask about certain things. When we finally got around to me reserving a room over the phone, I asked the woman to hold on so I could grab my card out of my purse. When I got it, I said are you ready and she hung up on me as if I took so long to get my card. When I called back I figured, hmm...maybe my phone lost its service or something, well when I called back she was rude once again and said she hung up because she had other customers to assist. I didn't say anything, but I told her I have my card out and ready if she wants to take the numbers now if she isn't helping someone else, and once again hung up on. Finally I called back a 3rd time and talked to a different woman and she was nice, I got my room reserved and done with. When we got closer to check in time we were still about an hour away, so I thought I would call and tell them I may be a little late and if it would be ok. I called and had the same lady from before. I asked if it was ok to check in later because we weren't quite to Casper yet. She let out a hard sigh and once again, I was hung up on. I called back, once again, and had someone else to talk to and I cancelled my reservation and stood somewhere else. There is no reason she had to be rude to me especially when I was calling to let them know I was going to be a little late. So, I am rating this a 1 with TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE service.

1 Thank AT9113
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you had while on the phone with our staff! I would like to try and track down exactly who it was that you had been talking with in order to take of this issue personally. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests on and off the phone. I would very much appreciate it if you would contact me directly to discuss this further at your earliest convenience! I hope that you do give us a second chance to prove to you that you will have a wonderful stay with us! Feel free to contact me directly for any reservation needs as well.

307-266-6000 ext 658

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Ramkota Best Western Inn is a very friendly and comfortable place to stay. The food is good and the beds comfortable. Be careful to ask for a room not by the pool unless you like the noise of kids and splashing water. The pool is open until 10pm and it can get a little loud. I will stay there when ever I go to Casper WY.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! We have gotten in new mattresses for some of our rooms and are working on switching out the rest. Once our total property renovation is complete we will have new amenities in each room to even further satisfy our guests! I do apologize for the issue with the pool noise. I will make sure our evening staff knows to keep a closer watch on the pool to keep the noise under control! We look forward to seeing you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!!

Bismarck
Reviewed October 4, 2013

After checking out of the Parkway Plaza hotel (see that review, its LONG) We contacted the BW. I was in town for business and needed a suite for 3 days to conduct meetings. At 10pm the night manager offered to tour my daughter and I around the hotel, explained about the HUGE renovation project happening, was so nice, personable and friendly. We reserved the room we chose. Ended up coming 1 night early due to the situation the the Parkway Plaza (again see that review). The room is CLEAN, LARGE, very night and very suitable for the meetings I need to hold. The manager offered to help up move into the room, it was after 10pm. Was so helpful and offered anything we could have needed. I am so glad we ended up here. Diana (night manager) is amazing. The front desk staff was friendly, knowledgeable and competent. I couldn't be happier! I will stay here each time I come to Casper for business of leisure. Thank you for showing me that there is STILL some customer service and places that truly appreciate their customers.

Room Tip: The suites are awesome!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so happy to hear that we were able to help you out to your satisfaction! We work very hard on giving each of our guests a "home away from home" experience at our property. Customer service for our guests is our number 1 priority! I will be more than pleased to let Diana and the front desk staff know of your wonderful compliment to them. All of us here at the hotel look forward to providing you with another amazing stay in the (hopefully) near future! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

San Diego, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very pleased with quality of the Ramkota - esp. the dining room food where food quality and service were excellent. I had baked salmon for dinner and the complete hot breakfast delivered to the room in the morning. Room was immaculate, well maintained and great towels in bathroom. Only complaint was the oddity of finding my window was actually a sliding door opening into the ballroom. Fortunately nothing was scheduled for that night. Dog-friendly rooms are allocated in a wing at the back of the hotel. There is ample walking area in the back and across the street on the east side of the hotel. I like the fact that I can trust the quality of a Best Western property even sight unseen. I booked through a call to the Gold Crown Club reservation number from a rest stop on the highway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us! We have been making changes all over our property to better accommodate our guests. Currently, we are also in the process of renovating the entire property to update all of our amenities. Some of our dog friendly rooms are "pool side rooms" with only a door opening to the inside. I hope that you choose to stay with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

Queretaro City, Mexico
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is old, has a horrible design that means you have to walk a long distance to get to the lobby area, and doesn't offer free breakfast. It would be fine for a one night stay if you need somewhere to sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room near an exit so you don't need to carry your luggage a mile.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us more. We are currently in the process of renovating the entire property... something we are all very excited about! Unfortunately we do not offer free breakfast because we have a full service restaurant on site. If at any time you need help taking luggage to your room, we have bellman standing by who would be more than happy to help you! I hope you choose to stay with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

307-266-6000 ext 658

Travelers are raving about these Casper hotels

spruce grove
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very large Best Western located on main hwy. Looks to be well suited for conventions and families. Large indoor pool with many playful attractions for children.
Our room was clean, modern and well appointed,,dont expect much for scenery. Good wi-fi connection.
No complimentary breakfast offered as there is a restaurant on site. Beauty Salon and Lounge are also in the hotel. Lounge staff were not very attentive despite the small amount of patrons.
Check in/out procedures went well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do keep very busy with meetings/banquets/weddings/etc. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room. We are currently working on a complete renovation to the entire hotel. It will be almost like a brand new property when finished! I apologize for the lounge staff not being attentive. I will let them know of your comment so that they are aware. I hope that we see you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times, and we would certainly recommend it. As I travel frequently throughout the Western US for business, and occasionally for pleasure,I have the opportunity of trying many hotels from different chains, and this Inn surely rests with the best.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always happy to have returning guests. It is so exciting to hear that you would recommend us and believe us to be with the best of the hotels around. I hope that you enjoy our property even more after our complete renovation over the next 6 months! We look forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything.