“Very good accommodations”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Oshawa, Canada
“Very good accommodations”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great and helpful staff, rooms were comfortable and clean. Easy off and on from the highway. Pool and services including restaurant were very good. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling through the area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very excited to hear that our staff was so helpful to you! We have been thoroughly training our staff on customer service skills, etc. We are lucky to have the easy access location that we do with such large parking for our guests with larger vehicles! Our restaurant has recently had some changes made to it as we have acquired a new Chef and new menu. Something we are very excited about ourselves! I hope that we see you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future reservations or needs!

307-266-6000 ext 658

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Location of this Best Western was right off the interstate and easily accessible. The rooms for Comfortable and the air conditioner was quiet, a major plus in my book. We were very happy when our first floor request was honored. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am excited to hear that you had such a pleasant stay at our property. We pride ourselves on accommodating each guests request to the best of our ability! I hope that we see you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had driven 18 hours and arrived late in the evening. I was tired and road weary and the desk folks were very helpful. There was a small SNAFU with my room in that, when I arrived to the room, somehow the security latch had shut, making it impossible to get in the room. I went back to the front desk and they gave me a new room, and even escorted me there so I would not get lost. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. While it is true they do not have a free breakfast, the restaurant in the hotel is uber-cheap. I had bacon, eggs, and fried taters for less then $5.00. I do not watch TV, but always check it out so u can add info to these reviews. It was a nice picture with lots of channels. I arrived too late to have a drink in the bar, so cannot comment on that. The bed was comfy, but after 18 hours of driving nothing would be uncomfortable. Overall, I would stay here again, and the price was around $100, during tourist season. Not too bad.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property! I am very pleased to hear that our front desk staff were able to help you out so well. We strive to provide excellent customer service skills to each and every one of our guests. We want to take good care of you after such a long drive!!! I do apologize for the little SNAFU with your first room but am glad we were able to promptly get you situated in a new room. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our express breakfast in Remingtons! We did just get new beds in our guest rooms for better comfort. I certainly hope that we see you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

Richmond
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located close to the highway that runs through Casper, at the northern end. We were on our way through and stopped just for the night. I made the reservations while we were traveling and probably should have spent more time looking at the amenities. There was no free breakfast here. There is a restaurant on the premises, so they want you to eat there, for a charge. However, the hotel lobby is beautiful and the room was very nice and very clean, with good, comfortable beds and linens.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed our property. We take pride in our hotel, especially our lobby! We recently got new beds in our rooms and I am pleased that you enjoyed them! I do apologize for the breakfast issue. Best Western only requires its properties that do not offer a full service restaurant to give free breakfast. We offer our full service restaurant to our guests in order to provide more of a variety and "hardy meal" to start the day off for long travels. I hope you stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

Sincerely

Lafayette, LA USA
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here a few years ago with our grandchild and she had a blast in the pool so we decided to do it again. Our stay this time was just so-so. I was a little disappointed with the lobby, halls & our room were dark and stuffy. We never did get our room to cool off. Our grandchild enjoyed the pool area. The good thing about the pool is that the entire play area is shallow. However I thought it was too cold for an extended play/swim (I thought it was supposed to be heated) I heard several parents making the same comments about the water being too cold while pulling their children out after a brief play. It's ashame breakfast is not included like many of the BW chains. We ate on premisis at Remington's and the food was ok, certainly not the best or worst I have ever had. I felt most items on the menu were over priced and service was a little on the slow side. I am not too sure I would recommend this hotel to friends and family or that I would consider staying again, especially without our grandchild. I think with a little bit of effort on the managements part this place could be worth the stay. It does have great potential.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry you didn't have a more satisfactory stay. Please know that I will be following up on the issues that you had with each individual departments manager. Unfortunately because we offer the full service restaurant, Best Western doesn't mandate that we offer a free breakfast. With each Best Western being independently owned and operated, amenities vary from property to property. We realize this is an inconvenience for some guests but we offer the restaurant for more of a variety. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you. We sincerely hope you stay with us again so we have a second chance to prove you can have a wonderful stay with us!

307-266-6000
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here one night, on our way to Thermopolis, Wyoming for a motorcycle rally. We picked it because we had been on the bikes all day and they had an onsite restaurant and we did not want to ride anymore. The price was good, however, after riding in 100 degree temps, we wanted to get in the pool. That is a problem if you are older than 5. The pool only goes up to 3 ft. deep and is designed for children with water sprays and itty bitty slides. You cannot actually swim in this pool. The hot tub was in the process of being replaced, so we could not get in it. I had a salad and my husband had a burger in the restaurant. The food was good but the service was extremely lacking. It took us almost an hr. to get our food and they were not that busy. Our drink glasses would sit empty for 20 mins. at a time, until we could flag someone down as they never come around to see if you need anything. The hotel does not serve a continental breakfast - when I asked at the front desk, they said we could get breakfast in the restaurant. We passed on that as we did not have all day to wait.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy you chose to stay at our location after a long day of riding on a motorcycle! I am sorry about the pool issue for you. We realize it is an inconvenience for some guests but the children really do love it. (Helps parents out after a long day of being in the car with the kids!!) Unfortunately for the hot tub issue.. we are currently at the mercy of an out of state vendor to help us fix the hot tub. Someone had jumped into the tub with their track spikes on and cracked it. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food. We recently redid our menu and acquired a new chef. We are making big changes in the restaurant! I will be letting the restaurant manager know of your review as well so that she is aware of the problem and can handle it immediately! We provide the full service restaurant in lieu of a continental breakfast so our guests don't get stuck with the standard free breakfast but can choose from a variety. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything! I sincerely hope that you choose to stay with us again so we have a second chance to prove ourselves in our restaurant!!

307-266-6000 ext 658

Travelers are raving about these Casper hotels

Sheridan, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Staff was friendly and courteous. The room was clan and comfortable. The holtel was clean and comfortable with a friendly atmosphere. Great Location. The staff was happy and answered questions appropriately. They went out of thier way to make sure I was satified

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. It pleases me greatly to hear you had such a wonderful experience at our hotel! We sincerely hope you come back and visit us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!