“Could do better”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Casper, United States
“Could do better”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hotel has possibilities but there is an overall lack of attention to details, numerous items including towels missing from room, staff said they where sorry and did nothing. Restaurant has sign saying please wait to be seated but no one was there in 10 minutes so I left. Coffee pots in lobby always empty. This hotel gives a new meaning to self serve. Manager should consider a different line of work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I have talked to the multiple department managers about the issues you had with your stay from your other review. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. Our managers work very hard and are trying to transition under our own new management who are making big changes in the hotel. We will be working on the issues you discussed. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

307-266-6000 ext 658

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Helena, Montana
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here on our way through Casper. How this place got a three star rating is beyond me. First, the door closest to the parking lot is so narrow you can hardly get the luggage cart through it. Then, when you get to the room...well first impressions are everything! The bed was made very sloppily with the sheets hanging down below the bedspread and the bedspread was on crooked. The bathroom had lotion and conditioner, but no shampoo! My husband took a shower and could hardly turn the handle with enough force to turn it on. Then, he could not turn it off! I got into the running shower. Of course, I couldn't turn it off. Then the tub started filling so I called the front desk and said we needed immediate help! The person at the front desk told me they had no maintenance until 7:30!!! It was 6:30! They would try to find someone, which they ever did. Ridiculous situation! My husband finally got it off after continuous effort, but it was a tense difficult morning. Overall, I found the place very marginal and would not recommend staying here!

Room Tip: Don't use Priceline, you will end up here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review our hotel. I am very disappointed to see that you did not have a pleasant stay at our property. Please know I will be letting the head housekeeper/maintenance know of your review so that these issues may be taken care of immediately. I sincerely hope you accept my apologies on behalf of the entire hotel. We want to provide each of our guests with an excellent "home away from home" stay. I hope that you stay with us again so that we have a second chance to provide you with excellent customer service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any of your needs!

307-266-6000 ext 658

Travelers are raving about these Casper hotels

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during a roadtrip. It's a great location right off 25 with a bar and restaurant. The check in process was easy, but the staff wasn't very friendly. Our room was spacious and the beds were pretty comfy. We had a drink at the bar and ordered a pizza to go. I'd stay again if I was passing through Wyoming.

• Stayed July 2013
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I'm pleased to hear that the check in process was easy for you. I will be looking into the unfriendly staff issue. We strive to provide excellent customer service to each of our guests and I apologize this didn't happen for you. We hope to see you again soon so we have the chance to show you that we are here to serve you with our exceptional customer service skills! Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything.

Valencia
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a recent vacation stop. The hotel is relatively quiet and clean. It is a fairly large facility with a cool pool for kids. We ate in the restaurant and the food was good. Overall this was a good hotel for us for a quick one night stop. We would use this facility again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for the pleasant review of our hotel. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed what our property had to offer. We have been making exciting renovations and improvements throughout the entire hotel to better accommodate our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon and I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything!

Scottsbluff, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed there as a group for a baseball tournament. The facilities are ok, a great pool for younger children, but a little small for older children. Rooms are pretty standard for the price. Our problem was the staff seem to be a little bothered we were there. I will say that we had a pizza dinner Friday night and the server was great as well as the one server working Saturday morning. The other people in the restaurant were rather indifferent. The topper was Saturday night. We were relaxing in the atrium while the kids were swimming. We had brought in a small cooler of adult beverages and were visiting and winding down. The night manager approached us and told us that we could not have our own, but we had to buy it in the hotel so we wouldn't get "food poisoning" from our own beer. After we informed her that our group was responsible for 25 rooms for 2 nights, she informed us that we had to move into a conference room so we would be out of sight. I travel frequently and just recently signed up for Best Western's loyalty program, but our treatment by the staff has me thinking about that decision.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be following up with night manager about this issue. On behalf of the entire property I want to apologize for your experience. We strive to provide our guests with excellent customer service and I am unhappy to see that we weren't able to do this for you. We do not allow outside food in our gazebo/pool area but guests are and should be welcome to bring their own drinks. If there is anything I can do to help fix this issue for you please contact me directly at 307-266-6000 ext 658. I would be more than happy to help you!

reservations@ramkotacasper.com
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I normally like to stay at Marriott Properties but the local courtyard was priced at over $150 for one night so I stayed at the Ramkota for less than $100! I had a room on the top floor with a king bed and a small Frig. It was a nice large room with a view.

Room Tip: I always take a room on the top floor opposite the freeway and away from the elevator and ice machin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LegalEagle0907
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so happy to see that you chose to stay with us and that we were able to accomodate your needs. We like to provide our guests with a "home away from home" room with a reasonable price. I sincerely hope that we see you again soon. If you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesistate to contact me directly!

307-266-6000
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Casper Ramkota Hotel is an excellent fit for business travel. The staff is courteous and helpful. Checking in was fast and efficient. Restaurant was open for my hours, has a varied menu and daily specials and again the staff was most helpful.
I travel frequently for business and the Ramkota is the type of hotel that caters to my business needs

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review of our property! We take pride in catering to our business traveler needs. I am extremely pleased that we were able to accomodate you to your satisfaction. On behalf of the hotel staff, we hope you come back and stay with us again soon! If you need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me directly!