“Our Stay in Casper”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Twin Falls
“Our Stay in Casper”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Casper Best Western Ramkota was nice. It was very noisy as there was a party and the cops were called in. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep. We loved the staff, they were great! The neat thing about Casper is all the things that you can see and do there! I would probably stay again, but would call the front desk to let them know we had a rough night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the noise level during your stay. We did have an unfortunate incident with our in-house group and had to call the police to take care of the problem. I am pleased to hear you were so happy with our staff members. We do have quite a lot to see and do here in our small town! We take much pride in that. I do sincerely hope that we see you again at our property in the near future.

307-266-6000 ext 658

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Overall good place to stay. My family had several rooms while my Dad was in the hospital. The rooms were clean and staff was accommodating. They were very good about working with us on check out times and late check outs since we were not sure which day my Dad would be released. Decent pool for the kids and nice hot tub. My only complaint was the work out "center". The small room had two treadmills and a step machine. The step machine and one treadmill were broken. So there workout "center" was one treadmill. I only got to workout one day because the macine was always in use. One treadmill in a hotel that size doesn't accommodate the guests. Other than that it was fine. No breakfast is included with the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am very happy to hear that we were able to accomodate you so well during a tough time. We are more than happy to help out our guests any way that we possibly can! I do apologize for the fitness center. I am pleased to let you know that we are going to be making exciting new renovations to our fitness room and expanding on the equipment. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon!

307-266-6000 ext 658
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The only reason we stayed was for the pool water park, but the pool was so cold that we couldn't stay in it for over 10 seconds. The walkway by the pool is very slippery too. My two year old was slipping all over the place. Could be Nice hotel, but is dated and not well maintained in the pool area.

• Stayed March 2013
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Please know that I will talk to maintenance about the issue of the pool being cold. We want to be able to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay at our property. We will be doing all we can to make a sure our guests are safe and warm! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the future for a reservation. We would love for you to give us a second chance!

Have a wonderful day,

307-266-6000 Ext 658

Travelers are raving about these Casper hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I checked in on Valentines Day - not the best day to be away on biz - but their kindness and accommodation made up for it, including a bag of chocolates at check in. I showed up at the restaurant twice when it was closed, but the manager himself waited on me. Best part was the auditorium-style meeting room with stadium seating. Was the perfect setting for our presentation. Special shout out to LeAnn Miller who made sure everything ran smoothly. Thanks for a great stay in Casper!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We love getting holiday bags together for our guests who unfortunatley do not get to spend that time at home with loved ones. We are here to provide you with a "home away from home" stay. I was happy to hear that your presentation went so well. I will be pleased to let LeAnn know of your wonderful compliment to her. She works very hard for our guests! We look forward to accomodating you again!

Megan E Miller
307-266-6000 Ext 658
Electra
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed a couple of weeks on business at Ramkota Hotel. The hotel was quite pleasant, the restaurant was outstanding, the food was excellent and the service was exceptional. I felt as though I was leaving old friends by the end of my stay.

1 Thank Cindy F
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. We pride ourselves in the big changes we have been making in the restaurant. I am very happy to see that you had such a great stay and we look forward to having you stay at our property again soon!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My company's travel management agency had booked a stay for us from 02/25 to 03/01. However, this reservation was not honored. On 02/28 in the morning I found a checkout bill under my door. Proceeded to clarify this at the front desk, where the staff informed me that the Director of Sales (LeAnn Miller) had decided to cancel my reservation for the night and move me the nearby Ramada hotel. I had to rushedly pack my luggage and leave as I had an urgent business meeting to attend that morning.

I proceeded to call the Ramada to confirm the reservation, and they had no notice of it. After being put on hold by Ramada for 20 minutes, I decided to call Mrs. Miller on her office number and left her a voice mail describing the situation. I received no reply to that voice mail so I proceeded to call her mobile phone. She responded by saying she had arranged my move to the Ramada and that I had to call them to get a confirmation number. I was surprised that I was being tasked by her to get a confirmation number on my own (while my business meeting was about to start), and requested that she followed-up directly with Ramada to get me a confirmation number. She said she would do so and call me right back. An hour and a half later she hadn't called back so I called our corporate travel agency for them to clarify the situation with Mrs. Miller; they also received no response from her. I had to leave at the end of my meeting, drive 40 minutes back to the Ramada, and at that time all they had to offer was a smoking room. My ongoing sinus discomfort due to a cold only got worse when I stepped into that smoking room later that night, but at least I had a bed to sleep in. I do have to acknowledge that the staff at the Ramada was far more courteous and accommodating than any of the Best Western staff. Their facility was also much nicer, quieter and cleaner than the Best Western, which was undergoing intrusive remodeling. However, remodeling is no excuse for my room not being cleaned in THREE days. I did however get one call asking me to leave my room to let an electrician work on it. I declined since I was working in my room until noon; I left the "please make my room now" on every day thereafter and the room was never serviced. I stayed in one day for a la carte breakfast (8 dollars) in their restaurant, and service was courteous but slow, and the food was disappointing. Free breakfast at the nearby Quality Inn was better in my opinion.

I have never experienced such an unprofessional level of service in a decade of frequent domestic business travel. I have experienced small hostels in remote villages in poor countries, and have never been treated with such disdain (and was not charged even close to 70 dollars/night for it). It is a shame that customer service in the US can reach such a low level and still draw business.

My corporate travel agent said they will follow-up closely with Best Western customer service. I would expect this hotel to be black listed for future travel reservations from my company or other corporations serviced by this agent. Our travel agent certainly agrees. I highly recommend the nearby Hilton Garden Inn, where I had stayed a week earlier. For a few more dollars it offers top notch service, a modern and comfortable building, and a surprisingly good restaurant with great service and very reasonable prices for gourmet meals.

I can see the Best Western Ramkota going out of business very soon if they keep up their sub-par performance and disdain for customer satisfaction.

I've always been wary of the Best Western brand and have not booked a stay with them in a long time. I was hoping to be positively surprised by this business travel booking and was proven wrong. I will make sure none of my business travel is booked with BW in the future and will definitely not book any leisure travel with them. Further, I will encourage our travel agent to black-list this particular Casper hotel for our company. I know they have done this in the past with other facilities around the world.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor