“Iceberg pool”

Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Casper
“Iceberg pool”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The only reason we stayed was for the pool water park, but the pool was so cold that we couldn't stay in it for over 10 seconds. The walkway by the pool is very slippery too. My two year old was slipping all over the place. Could be Nice hotel, but is dated and not well maintained in the pool area.

• Stayed March 2013
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Please know that I will talk to maintenance about the issue of the pool being cold. We want to be able to provide each of our guests with a wonderful stay at our property. We will be doing all we can to make a sure our guests are safe and warm! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in the future for a reservation. We would love for you to give us a second chance!

Have a wonderful day,

307-266-6000 Ext 658

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I checked in on Valentines Day - not the best day to be away on biz - but their kindness and accommodation made up for it, including a bag of chocolates at check in. I showed up at the restaurant twice when it was closed, but the manager himself waited on me. Best part was the auditorium-style meeting room with stadium seating. Was the perfect setting for our presentation. Special shout out to LeAnn Miller who made sure everything ran smoothly. Thanks for a great stay in Casper!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We love getting holiday bags together for our guests who unfortunatley do not get to spend that time at home with loved ones. We are here to provide you with a "home away from home" stay. I was happy to hear that your presentation went so well. I will be pleased to let LeAnn know of your wonderful compliment to her. She works very hard for our guests! We look forward to accomodating you again!

Megan E Miller
Electra
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed a couple of weeks on business at Ramkota Hotel. The hotel was quite pleasant, the restaurant was outstanding, the food was excellent and the service was exceptional. I felt as though I was leaving old friends by the end of my stay.

1 Thank Cindy F
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our property. We pride ourselves in the big changes we have been making in the restaurant. I am very happy to see that you had such a great stay and we look forward to having you stay at our property again soon!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My company's travel management agency had booked a stay for us from 02/25 to 03/01. However, this reservation was not honored. On 02/28 in the morning I found a checkout bill under my door. Proceeded to clarify this at the front desk, where the staff informed me that the Director of Sales (LeAnn Miller) had decided to cancel my reservation for the night and move me the nearby Ramada hotel. I had to rushedly pack my luggage and leave as I had an urgent business meeting to attend that morning.

I proceeded to call the Ramada to confirm the reservation, and they had no notice of it. After being put on hold by Ramada for 20 minutes, I decided to call Mrs. Miller on her office number and left her a voice mail describing the situation. I received no reply to that voice mail so I proceeded to call her mobile phone. She responded by saying she had arranged my move to the Ramada and that I had to call them to get a confirmation number. I was surprised that I was being tasked by her to get a confirmation number on my own (while my business meeting was about to start), and requested that she followed-up directly with Ramada to get me a confirmation number. She said she would do so and call me right back. An hour and a half later she hadn't called back so I called our corporate travel agency for them to clarify the situation with Mrs. Miller; they also received no response from her. I had to leave at the end of my meeting, drive 40 minutes back to the Ramada, and at that time all they had to offer was a smoking room. My ongoing sinus discomfort due to a cold only got worse when I stepped into that smoking room later that night, but at least I had a bed to sleep in. I do have to acknowledge that the staff at the Ramada was far more courteous and accommodating than any of the Best Western staff. Their facility was also much nicer, quieter and cleaner than the Best Western, which was undergoing intrusive remodeling. However, remodeling is no excuse for my room not being cleaned in THREE days. I did however get one call asking me to leave my room to let an electrician work on it. I declined since I was working in my room until noon; I left the "please make my room now" on every day thereafter and the room was never serviced. I stayed in one day for a la carte breakfast (8 dollars) in their restaurant, and service was courteous but slow, and the food was disappointing. Free breakfast at the nearby Quality Inn was better in my opinion.

I have never experienced such an unprofessional level of service in a decade of frequent domestic business travel. I have experienced small hostels in remote villages in poor countries, and have never been treated with such disdain (and was not charged even close to 70 dollars/night for it). It is a shame that customer service in the US can reach such a low level and still draw business.

My corporate travel agent said they will follow-up closely with Best Western customer service. I would expect this hotel to be black listed for future travel reservations from my company or other corporations serviced by this agent. Our travel agent certainly agrees. I highly recommend the nearby Hilton Garden Inn, where I had stayed a week earlier. For a few more dollars it offers top notch service, a modern and comfortable building, and a surprisingly good restaurant with great service and very reasonable prices for gourmet meals.

I can see the Best Western Ramkota going out of business very soon if they keep up their sub-par performance and disdain for customer satisfaction.

I've always been wary of the Best Western brand and have not booked a stay with them in a long time. I was hoping to be positively surprised by this business travel booking and was proven wrong. I will make sure none of my business travel is booked with BW in the future and will definitely not book any leisure travel with them. Further, I will encourage our travel agent to black-list this particular Casper hotel for our company. I know they have done this in the past with other facilities around the world.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We certainly did not intend to create an unfortunate experience. When our remodeling issues came up on a very busy weekend with the State High School Tournaments we took a chance to move you to the Ramada. We did try to call both you and the travel agent to confirm the stay.. We have refunded your room for the night we moved you and hope to be able to regain your confidence in us as this is an unusual circumstance.
Please feel free to contact me in the future for any stay needs.

Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Casper hotels

Kula, Hawaii
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western in October of 2012, and dined at the Remington Restaurant there. We met a man by the name of Steve Grubbs that is in charge of the operations. Our experience with Steve and his staff was expectional. They always made sure that we were well taken cared of. We never had to wait on our food, food was always hot and tasty. The servers were always friendly and polite, was always there to top of your drinks.(like coffee, water, etc.)
We would recommend this restaurant to family and friends, That would be traveling to Casper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the raving review of our restaurant and its staff. I will be pleased to let them know that they have been highly talked of by you! We are very proud of the food we serve and strive to provide excellent customer service to our guests. Again, thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to have been able to serve you so well.

Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Remington Restaurant serves the best breakfast I had in a long time. The rooms are clean. The staff made us feel welcome. We had a nice room. I often stay over and could not find room in my usual motel. I'm now glad there was not room and I found the Ramkota. This is where I'll be staying from now on forth.

• Stayed January 2013
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for the glowing review of our property! I'm very happy to let our staff know that they provided you with such great service. We strive hard to provide excellent customer service here at the Ramkota. On behalf of all of the staff we are happy to welcome you as returning customers whenever you are in Casper! We look forward to seeing you again soon.