“Great Bang for your Buck”

Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Jackson, Wyoming
“Great Bang for your Buck”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've stayed here now about 15 nights and can honestly say I've had very positive experiences. It's obviously not always perfect but whenever anything is lacking it is resolved immediately. The in house restaurant, Remington's, is great too. Steve Grubbs and his team put out quality food at an affordable price. The Best Western Ramkota is definitely my go to place when traveling through Casper.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CasperRamkota, Front Office Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I was very pleased to see that you had such a wonderful experience at our property. We work hard to provide an overall satisfactory stay for each one of our guests and provide immediate service for any problem that may come about. I'm also excited to let the restaurant team know about your glowing review of them!! I know they will be happy to know they have provided such great service. We look forward to seeing you again when your on your way through Casper!

Megan Miller
Front Office Manager
307-266-6000 Ext 658

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Rigby, Idaho
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I chose to stay at this property because of a regional Best Western Rewards promotion. I should have known better based on the apparent age of the hotel. The lobby is nice, but when you arrive at your room, there are many shortcomings that become all too apparent.

First what I liked: There was a large flatscreen TV in the room with a few HD channels. The bed was also soft and comfortable. There was a good-sized mini fridge and microwave in the room. Internet speed was good for the most part.

What I did not like: The first issue I noticed when I went to my room was a dusting cloth that had been left on the nightstand next to the bed. There were also hair barrettes on the floor, and the carpet looked unvacuumed. There has been new carpet and perhaps wallpaper installed recently, but still I noticed rips in the wallpaper, stains on the ceiling, paint peeling, the shower/tub liner ripped with rust showing through, and stains all over the large jetted tub in my room. I didn't dare get in the jetted tub for fear of what I may catch, due to the apparent lack of motivation from the housekeeping and maintenance staff. Along the jetted tub in the main room there were trim pieces that were broken, revealing rusty nails, and looking like they were installed by my 10-year-old son. The telephone jack was jerry-rigged with a connector hanging from the bulging outlet plate, all right next to the bed. The hardware on the bathroom door must have been about 30 years old. The bath towels looked grey, and when I picked one up to dry off there was a large black stain, about the size of a football. It almost looked like someone polished their shoe with it - yet still it was folded and hanging on the rack. The heater was either all or nothing - it could not maintain a constant temperature, and blasted the room too warm whenever it was on. There was no soundproofing around the door - every conversation and noise from the hallway came right in, and traffic noise from the adjacent interstate did too. I understand a lot of people come here for meetings and conventions, but there are many better hotel options in Casper, do yourself a favor and wait until this property completes a major overhaul.
I did not use the pool nor dine in the restaurant. Parking can be tricky if there is a large convention going on, or if it's windy, as all the side doors are kept locked shut when it blows.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Casper hotels

Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Company booked hotel for me. I called and asked for a shuttle from the airport when I arrived. Half an hournlater I called again to see if it was coming, was told by impatient receptionist that it was on its way. Half an hour later it finally arrived. Hotel itself is noticeably outdated. I ordered breakfast room service , and considering it was simple bacon and eggs they made it unbelievably bad.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CasperRamkota, Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your honest response. We will be addressing these issues with our staff. I do apologize for the service that you received and hope that you will please give us another opportunity in the future to show you that we can exceed your expectations. Thanks again for your comments, we will be using them to better our hotel and staff.
ma
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I only spent one night here and had no problems. I was picked up very quickly by their free shuttle from the airport. Normal check in is 3 PM but I was allowed to get into my room at 1:30 PM. I was also allowed a late check out at 1 PM with out any added cost. All employee's that I met were helpful and courteous. The room was clean and had a flat screen TV. The shuttle will also take you to local restaurants and stores for free. Overall it was above average for a motel. There is also a small lounge and restaurant at which I had breakfast on Sunday. I was waited on quickly and the food was very good. There was also a buffet that had a lot to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool could be noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are thankful for your business and look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Ramkota!!
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My employer made the reservation for an event that was being held at this hotel. Over the past three years I have attended the same event in the same hotel, and the employer made and paid for the reservation. I would not pick this hotel as the first choice for a stay in Casper. The hotel badly needs updating. The beds are comfortable, the attendants barely civil. It is tiresome to hear all the complaints in the lobby. Mostly from fellow business people who like me, were part of a lowest bid convention promotion. Check in and check out were smooth. The wireless internet did not function well, but they did offer a hardwire.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

In our 12 years of visiting the USA we have never come across such rude and unfriendly reception staff.
We had an unplanned visit to Casper and called in at this hotel because we are Platinum Card holders and thought that booking 2 nights accommodation would have been simple. The 3 staff on the desk totally ignored me and was queue jumped. Eventually I managed to be served and and was told flippantly that it was $100000 to stay, it was all a big joke and changed the price to $100 and there were no rooms available but the person who jumped me in the queue got a room.
Is this really the attitude that Best Western want to portray.

Room Tip: go to La Quinta next door
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank warboys
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

My point is that I was about a 100 miles away from Casper and called to confirm the room rate. I was to be there about 10 pm. While driving I looked up discounts thru AAA and called to confirm if the discount applies. Lady by the name of Andrea answered and just was unpleasant to talk to. That made me check the Tripadvisor reviews and bad behaviour seems consistent. I love BW and always like the rewards program. I decided not to go there. The management just has routine answers and I do not care for a response. I have a retail business and the 'talking' skills of this lady is a big no no. Be grateful and respect the people who make your job possible. There are many Americans who are far more worthy but are jobless.

Stayed October 2012