Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$111
$99
Super 8 Casper West by the River(Casper)(Great Value!)
$71
MainStaySuites
$93
Courtyard Casper(Casper)
$99
All reviewsthe room was nicewill stay there againvery nice hoteloff the highwaycomplimentary breakfastparking lotloungeyellowstone
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Me Bride and I stayed here as most other hotels in town were full. They had rooms available at a good rate and we booked two nights.

The building is almost or over thirty years old (we stayed here on our honeymoon 28 years ago when it was a Hilton property) but has been well taken care of and doesn't really show it's age outside of room design.

Check-in was quick, pleasant and painless. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet - notable in that the interstate was a hundred yards away. The bathroom was tiny, but that's a design that is found in most properties of this age that have not been totally gutted. They could have added another light to the bathroom as it was kinda dark in there with the dark walls and single, fluorescent fixture.

The coffee pot in the room is a single serve unit that took my entire shower to brew a cup, but the coffee was pretty good. There is a fridge (dang, I think I left some pie in there thinking about it...) and microwave in the room which we use any time we travel and miss when they aren't available.

Two downsides to this property were the internet (free) service and the lack of outlets. The outlets we will attribute to the age of the property. I'm not sure why I don't travel with a small power strip because even the newer hotels don't have enough! But the outlets here were behind the headboards and one under the desk. There were two outlets in the desk lamp, but the location and plug direction made it impossible to plug in anything besides a small phone charger. As a photographer I have STUFF to charge!

The internet is free, as I mentioned, but did not work in the room. Step out in the hall and it would connect right up. Even my phone and Kindle Fire had issues connecting and staying connected in the room. I was at the very end of the hall, so maybe that's the reason? I sat outside my door to finish up some emails. I did get some odd looks and politely explained that Me Bride kicked me out! :-D

We did eat breakfast at the properties. As a lover of Corned Beef Hash (yeah, yeah...) I heartily recommend theirs! I think it was actually home-made! Face melting!

I might book this property again, but only if things aren't available elsewhere.

Room Tip: High floor end room had NO internet service in the room. Hallway, yes. Room no.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us on your last stay in Casper. We appreciate your kind words and will look into any internet issues. We hope to see you on your next anniversary! Until then, take care.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We arrived in Casper after driving 7 hrs.. The hotel had water problems on the first couple floors so they gave us a room on the fifth floor.. While we were moving in a water main broke and started a huge flood.. All water was turned off for about 5 hrs.. They assured us the dining room was not affected so we went down for dinner.. Waitresses were rude, the meat was tough and the salad bar had lettuce and cheese...Finally the water came back on.. We thought perhaps they would authorize some kind of compensation for our inability to shower or use a rest room but nothing...Not a fun time in Casper .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 62lilly

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for you response and please know that the unfortunate water outage was unplanned and that we have had the issue solved for all future travelers. We hope to see you again on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I recently checked into this hotel for a 2 week stay for business. Mandie who took care of my check in went way beyond the call of duty to make sure I had the best room and the exact type of room I needed. I wish more hotel staff were like her. I would always come back here. Especially if Mandie was taking care of the check in.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for you stay with us and your acknowledgment of one of our fantastic employees. I can't wait to share your thoughts with her. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Casper.

Matt Mooney,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Several waitress doing nothing. Saw another customer tell off one. Had to get my own second cup of coffee.
They spent more time in the kitchen than out front. Dinner the night before was fair. Waitress seemed bored.
Need someone to come in and shake them into shape.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very sorry for what you had to experience in our restaurant. I would like you to know that just last week after a long search I have hired a new restaurant manager. This person has fantastic ideas and pleanty of real world restaurant experience and he will make all the difference in the future, and already has. We at the Ramkota Hotel truly apologize to all previous guests for any and all below average service they might have received and please know we are dedicated to finding all the best employees to serve you at the highest level.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Our first room's air conditioner didn't appear to be cooling very well so the management immediately personally inspected a second room to make sure it would be satisfactory and moved us. While we waited they treated us to a complimentary drink. Shuttle driver to/from the airport was prompt and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your patronage and your kind words. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and I am very happy to hear how well my responded. If you ever need anything please do not hesitate to contact us.