“Leann Miller”

Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Casper
Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and son, were traveling thru WY, just outside Casper, towing a car on a dolly, the van blew a tire, on the interstate, during the middle of a snow storm, ending up in the medium. Well, I knew I had a free night with Best Western, so called and talked with Leann. I did not remember my number or password, but she was able to take care of all the details for the room for them. She went way beyond her duties. You should be proud of your employees in a role like that.....Very much impressed.........AGAIN, LEANN, THANK YOU SO VERY MICH FOR ALL YOUR HELP. By the way, son and husband, were not hurt, just two different towings needed to be done........
Again Thanks,
Tonya Flint

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tonya F
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

Dear Tonya,

Thank you so very much for your kind words. I will definitely pass them alon to LeAnn and share them with the rest of our staff. We are very happy that your son and husband are ok and we hope to see you on better circumtances during your next trip to Casper. Thank you again and Happy New Year!

There are newer reviews for Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed December 27, 2011

My wife, our college aged children, my in-laws and I have traveled around the world and we have always been treated with respect. We had reservations at the Ramkota for 7 days until Lee Ann, the manager during the day, screamed at my father in-law because he asked her a simple question regarding the room rates. Her inexcusable behavior was witnessed by 10 other guests at the front desk. My father in-law is the nicest gentleman you could ever know and did not deserve this woman's volatile temper. We left after just one night and transferred to a lovely hotel where we were treated with dignity and respect. I wrote a letter to the President of Best Western to let them know of this incident.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank alxs164
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to hear about your stay. I have worked with LeAnn for many years and in fact this is the first negative comment ever made in her direction. I can only assume that there was a miscommunication as neither her nor any of our desk staff can recall an incident but that maybe a joking tone was misperceived. In either case I again do apologize and can only hope you would visit us again on your next trip so that you may see the real Ramkota Hotel.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

We were driving through Wyoming in a pickup truck towing a 20 foot trailer so we needed a place with easy access of and on the Interstate, adequate parking and a restaurant on the property. We booked on line using a cell phone prior to reading the reviews. After reading some of the reviews, all negative, I thought "Oh, no, this place is going to be terrible." But upon arriving we were very pleased.. There was adequate parking for our vehicle, the staff was friendly and our room was nice. We enjoyed the snacks in the lounge and rather than go to the restaurant we decided to eat dinner there. We ordered a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich to share.. It was okay but tasted like they used left over roast beef rather than fresh meat. But then again, it wasn't Philly where the sandwiches are the best, so didn't expect it to be the same quality.. We ate breakfast in the restaurant which is very nice. Our meal and the service was great.. It was off season, and there weren't very many guests so we got great service. Would I stay there again? Absolutely! My feeling is "If you want everything like a 5 star hotel, then you should pay the price and stay in a 5 star hotel, but if you want a nice clean room with reasonable rates, then stay at a hotel that provides that service.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jemts43
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel during your last visit to our area. We truly appreciate your kind words and your patronage. I hope to meet you on your next trip to Casper!

Reviewed December 10, 2011

This place was originally a Hilton about 30 years ago. I can tell you that over the past 6 years this place was going straight into the toilet. I always had to stay there because that's where my employer always booked me. But in the last year or so this place has really turned it around. They've done a make-over on the rooms, and the front desk is no longer populated by couldn't-give-a-damn methheads. Somebody got in there and cleaned house. Good deal. The restaurant, however, needs the same scrubbing. On my last stay I ordered a breakfast meal without onions, the waitress acknowledged the same, and yet it arrived replete with onions. They pro-rated the check to make me pay for everything else but the main item with onions. I couldn't object because I ate everything else, and fair is fair. I would have sent the plate back as soon as I saw it was contrary to my order, but the only waitress in the joint disappeared after serving me and I was too hungry to go to the kitchen to find her. Never saw her again until she brought me the check. And yes, her tip was appropriate. The same manger that turned the hotel around needs to get into Remington's Restaurant and smoke some people. I know it's hard to get decent employees in Casper who don't have Patch-Trash attitudes or aren't meth-heads. But they turned the hotel around. I'm sure they can do the same with the restaurant. Oh, before I forget, the little lounge there is excellent! Great appetizers and really friendly staff. The hotel is great, the lounge is great, just go somewhere else to eat. Have breakfast at the Parkway, they're the best in Casper.

Room Tip: Have breakfast somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2011

Dear Boykid,

Thank you for noticing the improvements we are working very hard on at our hotel. So you know we have just recently hired a new AM restaurant supervisor who has fantastic customer service skills and we are confident she will make your next eating experience much friendlier. I would love the oportunity to meet you on your next trip to our area. Thank you again for your kind words and your patronage.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My family and I have stayed here on numerous occasions. We make frequent trips to Casper and Ramkota is the only hotel for us. The rooms are always clean, the staff is very helpful, the price is reasonable, and the location is great.

• Stayed: December 2010

Dear Britster,

Thank you so much for your patronage and your kind words. I would love to meet you on your next travels through our area. And so you know we have just completed our first phase of eliminating the large TV hutch's in the rooms and replacing the TV's with nice flat panel TV's. I hope to be able to show you more upgrades when you are here. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

If you are in Casper, Wyoming.
This is not a bad hotel, just lacking anything special.
The gift bag with sugar candies and a bottle of water was nice but the nuts were stale, if you are on a diet, not really the best thing to give some one, especially if you are paying 100.00 a night. The lack of any breakfast offer was disappointing to say the least, the other hotels in the area offer nice simple breakfasts, this one, they wanted me to go to the restaurant and pay. Go figure, the rooms were OK the one I got had a leaky window and with 50 mile per hour winds it whistled all night, NO I did not complain and request to be moved, maybe I should have. Usually with a eatery on site there are offers for the meals, not here, On the up side the 'All you can eat' prime rib was not too bad, but only on Fridays.
Would I stay here again, probably not.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us on your last travels through Casper. We have been working very hard on our hotel and we were glad you enjoyed your stay. I would love to know what room you stayed in so that we may take a look at the window and resolve the problem for all future guests. I hope you choose us the next time you are in the area and I would love to personally introduce myself to you. Thank you again and have a great week.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

average hotel with nothing special. If I had to go to casper again, hopefully NOT, I would
pick another hotel. Not especially clean, but tolerable.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
CasperRamkota, General Manager at Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent trip to Casper. We are in the process and have completed many remodeling projects in the past couple of months and would love to show you what we have done. We hope to see you on your next visit to our area. Thank you again and we hope you have a great day.