Mountain Meadow Wool Mill
Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Warm, Wooly, and Welcoming

This is an amazing small business that using Wyoming resources very wisely. The tour is very... read more

Reviewed February 17, 2019
Jean H
Sheridan, Wyoming
Well worth your time you will learn so much about wool!

This was the highlight of our trip. Got to see how wool yarn is make from start to finish. Great... read more

Reviewed September 26, 2018
Gary B
Lakeside, California

All reviews the owner every step factory tour fiber knit sheep shop equipment tours crochet hat ben ranchers stop
Reviewed January 23, 2018

It is a family' owned business. Have great restrooms for larger groups. The owner's son Ben gave us the tour, which was fascinating. They have several pieces of amazing equipment, one of which they made themselves. Little shop in front gives you an idea of what can be done with different stages of wool. We also spoke with the owner at length. She was very congenial. Loved it all the way!

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank Silvia and Greg S
Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic experience at the mill! Our tour was very interesting and the young kids in our group were just fascinated. I don’t knit or anything, but it was incredible to see the process that the wool goes through from start to finish. They have some cute stuff in their retail area as well. We bought a great hat and can’t wait to wear it! If you are in Buffalo, this is a great thing to come see. It’s a family owned and operated business too, which is just fantastic!

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

A fun, educational stop even if you don't knit or spin. The family is fun and give the tours. Us girls went while the guys hunted.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I called the day before to find out times and see what they were all about. I was lucky enough to speak to the owner and made an appointment for a tour of the facility the very next morning. It was a fabulous tour and very knowledgeable information. They use the wool from local ranchers and employ locals. Do not miss this place if you are an avid knitter or crocher!! Only negative I can say is that they need a big sign on the main road so that even the folks who are just passing through town can see and drop on in!!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed September 9, 2017

I stopped here at the end of a trip to Wyoming for the Eclipse. I am an avid knitter and spinner and try to make fiber related stops whenever possible. This stop was the best of any I have made. I was looking for spinning fiber as well as yarn as I was told that their fiber "spins like butter". When what I was looking for was not in the front of the shop, I was taken back into the mill and shown the bags of fiber. Along the way, our guide gave us a mini-tour. I am sure that the full tour is very well worth it. I have never experienced the type of customer service that I was provided in this shop. All of my questions were answered and my requests for specific colors were accommodated. Not to mention, that their yarn and fiber is simply gorgeous.

Date of experience: August 2017