“Classy Historic Comfort”
Review of Mansion House Inn

Mansion House Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Buffalo B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I've wanted to stay here for years, and was thrilled when it worked out on this trip. Johnny was the host, and he was professional, helpful and welcoming. He gave me a tour of the Inn. The Mansion House Inn is gorgeous! A lot of hard work has gone into maintaining this lovely historic inn. I stayed in a first-floor room with a very comfortable king bed. The room was large and spacious, and bathroom was very nice. Everything was clean and in good working order. I night was chilly, and I could have used an extra blanket in my room. Breakfast was very good. I tried several times, but could not connect to the wireless internet. Johnny was able to connect with his computer, and said another guest had connected that morning. I was able to connect at other locations that day, but could not connect at the Mansion House. Regardless, it was a lovely place, with a great location, and I will gladly return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bluesagewyo

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Driving north from Colorado to Idaho we found this nice B&B. Johnny, our host, was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was OK but not as good as we've had in most B&B's we've visited.
There is a motel on the property where the rooms are less expensive but we did not check that out.
After checking in we took a short walk to downtown Buffalo. It was a good place for us to stop but I don't see Buffalo as a travel destination!

Room Tip: The Laurel Avenue, room #21, was comfortable but there was some traffic noise from the highway. If...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Mansion House dates to the early 1900's and the ownership has retained a lot of the vintage feeling. Rooms are small but adequate and you feel like you have taken a trip to the past. A very good breakfast and lots of historical information is served by host Johnny if you stay in the Mansion.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed in Buffalo on short notice over Labor Day weekend.
Mansion House was an excellent choice - very quaint and clean. Cool history to a very old (by Western Standards) house. Walking distance to downtown bars and restaurants.
Breakfast was perfect with fresh fruit and hot coffee.
We will stay there again!

Room Tip: Stay in the Main House -either the Nate Champion (just off the lobby - if you don't want to walk...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have stayed at many B &B's And this one gets A+ in owner friendliness and helpfulness, location, and in the breakfast. Our room wasn't mansion quality, but was comfortable. Definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

While staying in Buffalo, Wyo., my adult daughter wanted to visit the Mansion House because she investigates the paranormal. The hotel clerk was very nice and allowed us to check out the hotel and take pictures. He gave us a lot of background about the original owner of the mansion who was a doctor. The rooms are individually decorated and the rates are reasonable. It is definitely a place to stay if you like the bed and breakfast feel.

If anyone is interested in the paranormal, check it out.If we had known about it beforehand, we would have stayed here. I lived in Buffalo as a child, but did not know about the house.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night, during a week-long road trip. The quaint room and wonderful breakfast are reason enough to recommend a stay here, but the strongest recommendation of all for me is due to the people who run it. Because of a chronic illness, my husband was becoming very tired during our trip, and couldn't walk the couple of blocks to the restaurant that Wes recommended. Parking was hard to come by anywhere near the restaurant, so I was going to drive my husband there, drop him off, drive back to the Inn, and walk there myself. Wes wouldn't hear of it. In spite of how busy he was, he called and got us reservations, drove us there himself, and insisted that we call him when we were done so that he could come pick us up. I have never experienced such kindness and concern at any other place we have ever stayed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family