“A Disapointment”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We went to this restaurant, because on Monday The Virginian and the other Steakhouse were
closed. Our service was very slow. We waited almost an hour for our meal. Our server seemed flustered and always had an excuse for why we received our drinks, appetizers, entrees late. The bison steak was thin and not well cooked. I would not recommend this restaurant. For almost $70 is was a poor value and not a good experience.

Reviewed September 5, 2009

stayed at the Super 8 across the parking lot from the Bozeman, tired of driving, so we decided to eat dinner there.

Big mistake! They nickel and dime you to death with petty pricing. Their prices are fairly high anyway, but to add extra is not good.

Being from Kansas City, we have some of the best steak houses in the country. I figured Wyoming (which is beef country) would have even better steaks and better pricing. Boy was I wrong. I wasn't in the mood to pay $23.00 for a steak when nothing else came with it, so I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak. The menu description was: tender chicken fried steak with our famous mashed potatoes and gravy." Can't go wrong, right? So I ordered that only to be asked by my server if I wanted a dinner salad or the mashed potatoes and gravy for my side. I have never heard of serving chicken fried steak without mashed potatoes and gravy, so I thought I mis-heard her. I asked again for the chicked fried steak and she snapped at me and asked if I wanted the salad or mashed for my side. She then explained to me very tersley that I could have the mashed potatoes and gravy as a side dish, or I could have the dinner salad as a side dish. Of course, you pay for the side dish. I just couldn't imagine having just a piece of breaded, fried chopped sirloin with out the potatoes, so I chose the Fried Shrimp dinner. Shrimp dinner consisted of 5 Jumbo? shrimp which were quite cooked through.
I would avoid t his place when you are in Buffalo. The other three members of our party were very disappointed with their meals also.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Pretty decent steak with trimmings

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 3, 2006

During our stay most places in town were closed and we were looking forward to some Wyoming beef. Ended up here and it is right by the interstate and looks touristy so our expectations were low. We saw the menu and prices were somewhat above average (lowest steak price was $16 and average was $21-22) so we figured that it would not be a good value.

Fortunately the service was good, they have Moose Drool and Fat Tire on draft, and last but not the least the food was very good. I would suggest the Prime Rib over the Rib eye. THe horseradish is very hot so go easy on this.

3  Thank 606zpx
Reviewed June 2, 2005

We came from Pennsylvania for a week long vacation. I ordered the homemade meatloaf for dinner. This was the best meatloaf I ever had. And this, partner, is no cattle dungs! It was absoulutely fantastic. And no, it is NOT the frozen kind where it is loaded with MSG. Trust me. My brother had a HUGE grilled chicken salad. That partner, was the real happy meal! Food is 5 star. Service with a smile. The restaurant is the real west. The atmosphere is clean and pleasant. All comes with the spurs. If I ever travel 2000 miles again, Rand McNally has already ordered me to stop here again. It's been a pleasure to finally eat a great slice, of homemade meatloaf. It was so good, I actually begged for the reciepe. Thank you guys, at the Bozeman Trail Steak House. P.S If my wife finds out I wrote this, she'll kill me. And I think you know why!!

6  Thank cowboydurt