“good flavor, but.....”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The food was great and the servers very nice, but we had never had to wait so long to be served

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Intending to stay in Buffalo, Wyoming..for a weekend getaway, we had reserved a room at the Super 8...next to our motel was The Bozeman Trail Steakhouse and the aroma comming from that location was to die for !! That was definetly our dinner destination....WRONG CHOICE... the waittress was slow in getting to us..therefore we ordered cocktails and took to reading our menu. First we ordered Rocky Mountain Oysters, as a appetizer...off the waittress went to submit our order...she came back and kept rushing us on making a menu choice for dinner..my husband ordered a 14 oz new york steak..with this he could only have one side and a salad...he ordered curly fries with this steak. I ordered the spinach/artichoke chicken dinner..menu stated I also was allowed one side and a salad...I chose a "loaded" baked potatoe. I assume the waittress submitted this order to the chef and then returned to tell me I could not have a salad unless I was willing to pay extra for it...i informed her I wanted a salad. Well..the salad came before the appetizer...simple green salad, two small carrots, three croutons and two slivers of onion...dressing of choice in a plastic cup..we asked for crackers or a bread roll, told there were none available...hmmmmm..rocky mountain oysters arrived on a platter..they smelled of burnt grease and were as thin as potatoe chips...we asked for ranch dressing to go with this being as no dipping sauce came with them...took her about 5 minutes to get back to us !! Finally our small meal arrived..my husband KNOWS his meat...said his steak was about a 8 ouncer, his curly fries were almost burnt and his steak was black on the flip side. My dinner of spinach/artichoke chicken came complete with real artichoke thistles hiding under the slapped on piece of cheese atop a VERY DRY chicken breast...can you burn a baked potatoe ??? This resturant can...I even had to ask for sour cream and butter for the potatoe...I showed the waittress the large artichoke thistle I had almost swallowed and choked on and she said that's how the meat came prepackaged from their supplier and she was not responsible for their error...she would inform the manager. We asked for a to-go-box and the "bill" and readied to leave...at the check out counter I asked for a menu and politely informed the checkout girl that there was a mistake on the bill and I should not have to pay for a salad that stated it came with the dinner...kindly, that was deducted...comming to a grand total of $67.29 !!! For a meal even our dogs later refused to eat. The resturant was NOT busy...maybe 20 customers max.... I HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH POOR SERVICE AND FOOD FOR THE PRICE....

1  Thank Debbra K
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Steak was good but could have been a lot better for the money.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Delicious steaks! Comparable to Cattleman's Steakhouse in OKC.

Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

This was a great place to eat. The steak was amazing! Although the baked potatoe was not done enough. Everything else was nice. Good service.