“NEVER DO IT!!!!!!!”
Review of The TA Guest Ranch

The TA Guest Ranch
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I say never do it because lots of reasons.......
1. There is lots of hidden fees
2. There prices may seem to be great but at the end its not what u were promised
3. The rooms are dusty ya its a ranch what do you expect but there was mold and left over stuff in one of the fridge in another were a hole bunch of rabbie vaccines where there were children staying no garbage can in my room exc.
4. she told us if we booked all the rooms for our wedding she would wave the $1000 fee for using the property and all it would be just the $250 deposit well we went out there 3 times to get a contract written up she wouldnt do it she charged us everything and took $200 off.
5. she was very rude to all the guests.
6. they ran out of breakfast both saturday and sunday morning
7.a couple of my guests asked for water for there children and she said "we dont serve water"

I could go on for pages ya my wedding was great but I have never been treated so poorly ever whatever you do dont put down a deposit or anything until you get a contract written up, and if you want to be treated with respect go somewhere else. I thought it was the perfect place until it came down to the day. when we brought up the bill situation she told us to get off her property "and not in the nice way" all I can say is watch your back and pay attention I hope this helps anyone else out there thats looking for a nice place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Charlie B

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Friendly, accommodating, great meal (breakfast only). I can only take my relatives word, but she said they were told that they would not be charged a reception fee because the had all the sleeping rooms booked and paid for. At the end of the weekend on Sunday morning, they were presented a bill for $1,800. They did knock off some of the cost, but made a rude comment of "To get off and never come back!"

Guess what, no one in the family will.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WayWestMan
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We booked the place for a wedding, the whole we were there NO ONE ever greeted us, said, hello, hi, asked us how we were doing, etc... The only reason I give it a 1 star was because it was truly a gorgeous place. Besids the beauty of the place, I wouldn't recommend this place for any wedding, couples, retreat, honeymoon, etc... We purchased the full use of the ranch for 2 full days and nights, they ended up giving one or two of our rooms away, booked multiple other groups of people for luncheons, and tried to charge us for everything. They have tons of backdoor costs, hidden costs, etc.. Truly a horible place AND DO NOT RECCOMMEND TO ANYONE...
Contact me if you have any ?'s
Chance and Amy
[--]

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Chance W
Reviewed September 15, 2011

From beginning to end, one is made to feel comfortable and at home in this authentic and historical setting. The real deal!

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank jamesmontero
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We spent three nights at the TA, and had a wonderful time. If you love horses, western skies (with the Big Horns in the backdrop!), beautifully restored historic buildings, great food, and new friends the TA is for you. We rode sure-footed horses with very helpful and friendly guides (wranglers) all over the ranch. It was the first riding three of us had ever done, but everybody loved it.

They were very flexible, and happy to accomodate our interests. We went on a tour of spectacular Crazy Woman Canyon, and also did a little fishing at the reservoir on the ranch. The food and fellowship at meal times made you feel like family. And we loved learning all we could about ranch life, and the history of Wyoming settlement and range wars in the area. Our children (9 and 12) loved it. And the whole family can't wait to go back. Thanks everybody at the TA!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Boilerfan1
Reviewed June 29, 2011

As my mother always said "if you can't say something nice.." but in this instance I really feel like I owe others a heads up about the TA.
First, everyone at the ranch was very nice and the accommodations were clean and comfortable. But, I feel like the website over promises and the ranch doesn't deliver. Specifically some of the activities offered, Living History programs, day tours, hiking the Bighorns were never mentioned or offered. Looking back my guess is that these are activities the guest can do on their own but don't expect a list of available activities provided by the ranch.
The food was very good and I didn't miss a meal but I’m not sure I'd call it gourmet or cowboy sized portions.
The TA is located in the prairie so other than the trees around the ranch buildings you won’t see one again for miles. I should have broken out Google maps to see that it wasn’t located quite at the base of the Sawtooth Mtns. My fault - not theirs.
I won’t go back. Sorry, but for the price it just wasn’t worth it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank smandler
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We thought a couple of days on a ranch would be a nice way to break up a long trip west, but were not very pleased with this choice. The ranch has an interesting history and the buildings are centered around a beautiful grove of cottonwoods. We stayed in the bunkhouse where the beds were reasonably comfortable but the sitting area was not. We would have loved to enjoy some time on the porches but they were covered by dust, debris and bird droppings, making sitting there a less than pleasant activity. Breakfasts were good, but the other meals were not. My grandson had his first riding lesson there, he enjoyed it and I thought it was well done.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family