“Cute downtown cafe!”

The Busy Bee Cafe
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a cute and charming cafe! I stopped for lunch on the way home from Yellowstone. I had a tuna salad sandwich, which was delicious. It had cheese and bacon on it, which made it very tasty. My boyfriend had a chicken salad sandwich. Great place for a casual lunch.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This little cafe is adorable. We went around 10am for a late breakfast. Cafe crowd was split between tourists and locals.

The waitress was very quick with coffee but slow with orders. Breakfast was good but the price seemed a little on the high end for diner-quality food and basic egg/meat breakfast plates.

We had the friendly waitress; the other waitress looked like she had a lemon stuck in her mouth. Didn't see her smile or look happy once the whole hour or so we were there.

If we had been in a rush, our meal would have been an disaster. We had plenty of time, however, so the slow service was only a minor inconvenience.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We passed through Buffalo on our way to Grand Teton National Park. Its such a cute little town. The Occidental Hotel is a must see. If you don't stay the night at least walk through it, it is open to the public. An original Old West hotel with an saloon. It's like walking back in time. It was 10:00 am when we arrived and they were only serving breakfast in the little restaurant attached, The Busy Bee. It was really yummy. The homemade quiche was the best. I would definitely go back again if I was in the area.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Three of us stopped in on a Sunday at the Busy Bee for breakfast on a trip in June 2013. We came in the door-a waitress (one of two) told us to seat ourselves, and there were no seats so we waited a bit. We got a table and sat down and proceeded to go find our menus and wait forever for staff. People were looking around with the same desparate look that says "I am hungry and would like to eventually eat here at this diner".
After the couple behind us left shaking their heads without being waited on a waitress finally came to our table and asked if we had been helped (!!). I asked what was in the quiche and she said ham, avo, and tomato. I ordered the quiche based on this recommendation and she took our orders and left to the kitchen. When she came back out empty handed we asked if we should get our own coffee. She did get coffee for us.
When we got our order much much later (30 minutes) my quiche had hashbrowns, onions, and tomatoes. I can't eat onions but oh well, I couldn't wait another 30 minutes for food. We went and got some silverware from the server station, ate quickly, and left (after I asked her again what was in the quiche and corrected her in case someone else wanted accuracy).
What a crappy dining experience-one of my worst.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Food was good. Prices reasonable. Service fine. Be sure to try the bison sausages. A good value overall.