“Easy to feel at home” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Buffalo
Wheatland, Wyoming
“Easy to feel at home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Traveled to Buffalo for the 4th of july and found the motel with ease and liked the location the rooms are very clean and comfortable the room was in the back and very quite . We had a great experience nice owner who told us about the area and suggested different things for us to check out, we will always stay here when in town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
ames,iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

a very friendly place to stay! clean and affordable. trudy and her staff make you feel very welcome and the scenery is great.

nancy & david

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank parrotsx3
Oxford, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have stayed in Buffalo, WY several times over the years with my family, choosing a variety of places to stay, but happened to be traveling alone last year. I prefer to stay in "mom and pop" types of motels, so I tried the Big Horn. I shared my room desires with the management, and was provided a nice secluded room. It was wonderful! Peaceful, quiet, lots of room, and very clean. I'm pretty picky about my bed, as well, because I definitely need sleep while traveling. It was very comfortable and I got a full night of sleep before I was to venture back home. I also had a refrigerator, which was a plus to keep my food and beverage cold or frozen before being packed back in the cooler. I was totally impressed with this motel and when I get back once again, with or without my family, I know a great place to stay. It is also within walking distance of historical downtown; an added benefit.
~Mary S.
Wisconsin

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MES42812
Springview, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Very clean and comfortable. Good, friendly service and very helpful. The best place to stay in Buffalo.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank priscillaportenier
Golden, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

just like home..Trudy is a real hoot to be around and runs a very clean and quiet motel. I have stayed at the Bighorn on numerous occasions and have always had a great experience.....and she likes my dog! What more could you ask for?!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DougGolden_CO
Caledonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

We traveled from Ohio with 3 motorcycles on a truck and trailer. The room was clean and ready for check in as we arrived early because of the 2 hour time change.
We were allowed to leave our towing unit at the Big Horn Motel as we toured the West for 7 days without charge.
Trudy and her staff treated us as if we were family.
Good , Safe , Clean room at a fair price.

PS: Free home made cake!!!

• Stayed July 2010
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

stayed for 1 night and we were really impressed by how clean this motel was. we were given a family room, with additional single bed, and the only bad thing i can say is that the bathroom was quite small. it was fantastically clean though! Microwave and fridge were a bonus.
as my partner is a light sleeper it was also great to be located slightly off the main road- a lot of the big chains in town on the highway would have been very noisy as they are currently doing some big construction work there.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple