“Adorable cabins”
Review of Blue Gables Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buffalo
Blue Gables Motel
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a family owned place and their pride in it shows. The grounds are very pretty with abundant flowers. The cabins themselves are adorable. Karen, the owner is so charming and helpful with information. We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Blue Gables Motel in Buffalo, Wyoming offers quiet and clean quarters within walking distance of great restaurants, a local museum worth seeing and some fine galleries. Buffalo is at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains and only an hour and a half away from the Big Horn Battlefield National Monument.
The location is perfect for the traveler who likes to walk a bit after a day in the car and the property has a pool and lovely flowers all around. There is also a laundry on site for guests.
There is no restaurant or fitness room, but it is charming for being the older kind of place with separate cabins.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zanzara64
Reviewed October 12, 2012

After reading reviews I thought this would be a great clean place to stay, well I was VERY disappointed in the cleanliness of our cabin. The carpet was awful (I left my shoes on all night) and the bedspread wasn't much better. When I made my reservation the owner said "I wouldn't find a cleaner place in town" well on our way home we stayed some place else in Buffalo and a was TOTALLY comfortable with "taking off my shoes"and staying awhile. I would check out room before staying in one at Blue Gables...sorry I will not be staying here again.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We came from Keystone and stopped here on the way to Cody and Yellowstone. Saw a lot of wildlife on the way. The room we had here was very small for four people, but it was a motel and we only stayed passing through for one night. The carpet was very dark and mysterious. The pool at the end of the day was murky, but kids swam in it anyway. It was nice to stay somewhere that wasn't a chain. The owner was very nice and personable and whipped up some really delicious smoothies for breakfast. The office doubles as a drive through for coffee. There were two super sweet dogs that live on site. There was a small paid laundry room on site which was a bonus and a small swing set. Just a couple of blocks away we saw deer grazing on a church lawn. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We are Alaskans on a road trip around the country with our two dogs. We found this place on our way from Missoula to Rapid City. We are on The cabins are charming and clean. The owner could not be nicer. I am glad we decided to stay here instead of a chain.

Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in after a strenuous drive from Yellowstone for one night. The cabins were fantastic. The decor was awesome. I can honestly say I've never stayed any where like this before. The owners were incredibly sweet and accomadating. They really made my girlfriend and I feel at home, and they definitely have the best coffee and espresso bar in town. I wholeheartedly reccomend staying a night or two At the Blue Gables anytime your passing through Buffalo.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at the BG for one night on Aug. 18 on our way back to Texas from Yellowstone. We loved what the owners have done with this property. It is so cute and unique and has a great location and is a great value. Jim and his wife are great resources as to what to see/do in the area. Jim told us about Devil's Tower. We went there on our way to Deadwood, SD and just loved it. Great for those travelling with pets also.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family