“Heaven is a place called "Paradise Ranch."”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buffalo
Paradise Guest Ranch
Colorado
“Heaven is a place called "Paradise Ranch."”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

My husband and I and my brother and sister-in-law spent a wonderful week in Paradise. September is the month for just adults and it is a great time to be at the ranch. We are in our fifties and sixties and worried a little about how we would do riding every day, but they did a fantastic job in matching us to our horses and we all fell in love with the beautiful horse that we felt we owned for a week. The bonding of horse and man was wonderful and it was very hard saying goodbye at the end of our week. The ranch sits in a beautiful valley surrounded by pastures, hillsides, and the Bighorn Mtns. There are fishing ponds and a small river that meanders through the property. All guests stay in their own log cabin with a stone wood-burning fireplace that we enjoyed every evening. The cabins are very cute and cozy, although ours needed new carpeting. We spent many enjoyable hours sitting on our big front porch that overlooked the entire ranch. All of our meals were served in the big log-built dining lodge with the massive stone fireplace. The food was fantastic and the menu varied and no one ever left hungry. The breakfasts were amazing and kept you full during your morning ride. Picnics were planned by our hosts and thoroughly enjoyed, especially the picnic on the hill. They piled our plates with huge pieces of delicious beef and barbeque pork sandwiches that were to die for. Our favorite event every evening was the stampede of the horses, when the wranglers would turn them out to the pastures for the night. We got some great videos of that! We totally enjoyed the saloon every evening where we could order a cocktail and sit and visit with all of our newly made friends. The last evening they had great music and a very fun square dance. Our hosts were very friendly and accommodating, as was all of the excellent staff at the ranch. Every need we had was met. We were quite impressed by their final touch of hospitality when they provided a table full of lunch items for guests who were traveling by car. We were able to stop half way home and eat our lunch at a picnic spot. We have fantastic memories to cherish of our trip to Paradise and highly recommend it if you are searching for a good old fashioned "wild west" experience with beautiful horses, fantastic food, in a serene and peaceful setting, with a staff that wants to please. Thank you for the memories!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank naturechic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Guernsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2010

I went to Paradise Ranch for my 1st visit in Aug 2010 i arrived in the dark of night and when i woke up in the morning the view was so so beautiful it was like being in heaven :-) my log cabin was bigger then my flat at home in guernsey and the bed was so comfortable i could have just slept all day but the place was far to stunning to be staying in bed, so on the 1st day there i went down to see who my ride was going to be, he was a nice roan called Roany and he was lovely and quite forward going and not a nose to tail horse so that was good, over the week we went on some very nice ride's and saw some very beautiful place's and my Roany was always very willing :-) i just loved my week there the place was beautiful the staff were wonderful the rides were great but there was one thing that spoilt part of my holiday there, i didnt like the food very much ( i was told the chef had left and they had a stand in) that was a shame but it would not stop me from going there again it was a very nice holiday :-)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Marion, Iowa
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We visited Paradise Ranch for the first time in August 2010. We were looking for a place to vacation with our family of 5 (kids 10, 7 and 2) plus Grandma and Grandpa. After doing a LOT of internet research, we picked Paradise Ranch and we couldn't have been happier. The entire experience was amazing - the riding was fabulous including the kids program. Our older children had little to no riding experience before this trip but by the end of the week they were loping on trails and even went for an all-day ride. All of the staff is wonderful, we hope we can return for many years to come! It was a truly memorable experience for our family!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank DLMontross
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I was blown away by the enviroment and the hospitality of the staff. Everyone made you feel comfortable and welcomed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Davis
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We visited Paradise Ranch with my extended family to celebrate our parent's 50th wedding anniversary. When they told us that we were going to a Dude Ranch, we were a little anxious because we did not know what to expect! We are city folk and had hardly been on a horse but, we found some cowboy boots and hats and drove to Wyoming. After one amazing week there, we didn't want to ever leave!

The owners, Lea and Clay, are some of the most kind and gracious people I have ever met. All of the staff goes out of their way to make sure you are having the best time ever. Our entire family was so impressed with all the staff. They are well trained and very fun to be around!

There are so many things for all ages to do at the Ranch. You can do horseback riding, fly fishing, team pennng, barrel racing, massage, hiking, steer roping, or just hanging out and relaxing! My father-in-law enjoyed two full day fishing expeditions. My 13 year old and his aunt tackled an 18 mile hike one day. My husband, 11 year old son, and I loved riding our horses. We can now lope! That was fun to learn. The staff was so great to us as we "attempted" to complete the team penning and we wound up laughing hysterically as we learned it is much harder than it looked! My teens enjoyed the Rec Room and went on many rides without us. They enjoyed hanging out with their new friends. We so loved working wth the horses. You get to ride the same horse all week and even remove the saddle and brush him down in the evenings. My youngest, 11, fell in love with his horse, Bob. He talks about him all the time!

The Ranch does an excellent job of offering special dinners for the children/teens and activities after so that the parents can have some dinners alone. We enjoyed having time to visit with our adult family for a few nights. The food is wonderful and everyone enjoyed all of it. We especially loved the gourmet night! The guests and staff become like a family and we had so much fun getting to know everyone. After dinner, we would head down to the French Creek Saloon and enjoy some dancing and fun times.

One of the things that we really loved (besides everything else) was watching the wranglers drive the horses from the pasture to the stable in the morning and back into the pasture in the evening. I can't think of anything that is more breathtaking to watch then witnesses 100+ horses running through creeks and lush grasses. I will never tire of that!

The cabin that my family stayed in was great. We had a two bedroom / two bath cabin with a small kitchen. We didn't really use it much except for coffee early in the morning. Why cook when the food is amazing and cooked for you? It had plenty of room for all of us and we loved sitting on the porch and looking out onto the amazing valley that the ranch is in. It also had a washer and dryer and with three boys that came in handy! The housekeepers were fantastic and so appreciated.

I would highly recommended Paradise Ranch. Our family relaxed, bonded, laughed, reconnected, and loved every minute of our stay. We can't wait until we can return!

Lafayette, LA
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My 9 year old daughter and I just got back from our 6th consecutive visit to Paradise ranch. I cried when we left. A trip to Paradise is so much more than a vacation. It's a place which heals your soul. It's a visit to see great friends. Many (maybe most) of the guests have been to the ranch multiple times before. It's a place to curl up on the sofa with a good book in front of a big fire in the fireplace--or take a long horseback ride with friends and see spectacular scenery. It's a place where you can dance and sing and play and be free from responsibility. It's restful and peaceful. But when you are tired of that you can exhaust yourself riding, hiking, fishing, or exploring. You can spend lots of time with your family--or not! There is so much for everyone to do--alone or with others. Activities galore--great music, talent show, sing-along, cook-out, kids overnight camp- out, to name a few. It's all very classy and authentic in a western way. Chances are you will come away with some really great new friends. It's a happy place. Our trip to Paradise is the most fun we have all year. Leah, Clay, Travis and Cade along with a host of wranglers, waitstaff, housekeepers an kid-keepers will make sure you have the time of your life.

1 Thank KateLafayette_LA
ellicott city
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We just returned from our 5th year at Paradise. Paradise is a piece of Americana where you can reach back in time (with almost all the modern-day conveniences) and experience the "Cowboy West". Enjoy the most beautiful country you will ever see. Ride, hike, fish or just sit on your cabin porch and relax. You can let the kids run and forget about all the down-mountain headaches (no cell coverage here!). This place is perfect for the entire family: young kids, to moody teenagers, to persnickety adults. Leah, Clay and the entire staff will do whatever it takes to make your stay memorable. I am convinced "no" is not in the Paradise vocabulary. We will be back again, and again, and again . . . .