Review Highlights

Horseback Ride in Bounderant, Wyoming

Reviewed August 16, 2018
Greg R
via mobile

All reviews horseback ride hunting trip lost count trout sleeping indian outfitters scenery camp wildlife trail wyoming creek
Reviewed September 2, 2018

We, family of 4, had a perfect ride, wonderful nature and wildlife. No experience with horseriding before, no problems, big fun. Really worth the money.
If you come with RV - staying overnight with AC and water hookup is possible.
Thanks Alix and team.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Alix provided a safe riding experience for our Family and two boys. Extremely knowledgeable and would visit again!

1  Thank Greg R
Reviewed August 13, 2018

We did the 4 day, 3 night trip with our two boys (13 years old and 10 years old) and it was hands down our best trip yet. Alix and Sam were outstanding and went above and beyond to make our trip spectacular. Sam cook all the meals and they ALL far exceeded our expectations. We would go for rides every morning and come back to camp and fish in the afternoon. Sam even cooked the trout the boys caught, it was a special treat. It was good for all of us to disconnect from technology and take in the amazing surrounding. It was even hard at time to wrap your hear around what you were looking at because it was indescribable. If you are thinking of booking the overnight horseback adventure...do it NOW!!!! You will remember this trip for the rest of your lives. My husband and I already want to come back and do a hunting trip with Sam. Can't say enough good these about Sleeping Indian.

1  Thank Bridget C
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I've lost count on how many horseback rides we have taken with Sleeping Indian Outfitters... beautiful scenery that never gets old! We started riding with them in 2014 when we were still "summer" people. After moving to Wyoming in 2017, we take all our guests here for horseback riding. Alix is great with all levels of experience. My nieces each had their first horseback ride with her. Sleeping Indian Outfitters is the only choice for us!!

1  Thank Scott_LisaM
Reviewed September 9, 2017

I am a life long horseman from about the flattest place in the world---Louisiana. I have also always been interested it the Rocky Mountain history. My wife JSMLABR surprised me with a trip to Jackson Wyoming and researched a horseback ride in the mountains. Trip Advisor and TetonBill(Thanks Bill) recommended Sleeping Indian Outfitters. I read reviews and booked a trip.Time was limited so we were only able to schedule a half day trip. I had a magical experience.Every thing was great.The horses they picket out for Jenny and me were perfect. The memories of riding in the mountains will make me smile many years from now.I will be back and next time it will be overnight. Sleeping Indian Outfitters and Alix were the highlight of an incredible trip to Wyoming. I would like to encourage "horse people", that would never go on a nose to butt trail ride, to consider Sleeping Indian Outfitters. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank hayfightingtiger
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Alix took us on a terrific trail ride. The scenery was beautiful, and she was great with our beginner riders. Crossing creeks and streams was a treat and she showed us a very memorable time. We would definitely go back again.

1  Thank 54will
Reviewed August 10, 2016

We took a half day horseback ride with Liz. We couldn’t have asked or a better guide! Butter and Cheyenne, our horses, were trail masters and took excellent care of us as riders of all levels. Only forty minutes from the hustle and bustle of summertime in downtown Jackson, the drive was well worth it for a quiet, private ride and stellar panoramic views!

If you are looking for a relaxing, fun, one of a kind afternoon, you should definitely book a trail ride with Sleeping Indian Outfitters!

Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

Alix and Liz provided a horseback ride above and beyond what my husband and I could have imagined! He is typically not as thrilled as I am to get on a horse, but the girls took us to such beautiful locations on excellent, well-behaved horses that he was already planning a hunting trip on horseback by the time we got back to the barn. Did I mention the price?? We rode for nearly 4 hours on a relaxed ride in the most beautiful territory - through streams, aspens, open hillside and up to the top of a mountain and were charged a fraction of the price others would've charged for that time. We saw hawks, several mule deer and even a herd of antelope. It was a private ride, just my husband and the two guides and me and couldn't have been better. This was not your average ride with nose to tail horses on a well worn trail. This was a true trail ride down deer paths and open fields. There were forest fires in the state and even one close by, but it did not affect our ride at all. Give Alix a call. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed July 28, 2016

This is Jackson Hole's best kept secret for a horseback ridding trip! There were 4 of us who were novice riders and Alix did an awesome job. I think the best part of this place is that it is small and the owner did our trip with just our family. I didn't feel like it was a nose to butt ride, but yet she still kept it safe for us. It was a beautiful ride with great stories from Alix.

Reviewed June 14, 2016

We loved our horseback ride with Sleeping Indian Outfitters so much last year that we went again this year. Liz was an awesome guide, and the scenery was breathtaking! We had a group of 5 family members ranging in age from 46 to 70... and everyone had a great time. They only do private rides which was perfect for us. We will be scheduling another ride with them very soon!
P.S. I was going to add photos, but tripadvisor.com was stuck on the "uploading photos" screen and would never complete :(