“GREAT RIDE!!!”

Sleeping Indian Outfitters Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Bondurant
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer 1/2 day and full day horseback riding excursions as well as overnight horseback trips. We can incorporate fishing into your horseback trip and we also offer float trips on the Green and New Fork Rivers. We also offer guided hunts and have limited lodging available. Please contact us for more details and pricing!
Reviewed August 13, 2012

A BIG THANK YOU to Alix for a wonderful ride! She is a great guide and so patient! Went for a family ride - my 6yr old granddaughter was able to ride Jerry all by herself and my special needs son rode on Chocolate and Alix was kind enough to "pony" his horse behind so he had a very special day as well! This was a beautiful ride and we all enjoyed it so much! A great gift for my granddaughter's birthday! Thanks to Alix - would recommend Sleeping Indian Outfitters to anyone looking for a beautiful horseback riding day!! Amy S.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"creek"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed August 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I went on a two hour horseback ride with Alex. Alex calmed us both down a lot- we were very nervous since neither one of us had been on a horse in a long time. We had an amazing time. The views were spectacular, nothing we could have seen or experienced on a car or bike. Will always remember the trip--it was so gorgeous--haven't ever seen anything like it. Better than the hikes we went on and better than the whitewater rafting!
We saw lots of wildlife--thanks to Alex pointing them out! She has eagle eyes!

We called the afternoon before & were able to get a ride the next day--it was a weekday though I assume it's pretty booked up weekends--call early if you can.

I would highly recommend to anyone. There were a lot of horses--I think the horse my girlfriend was on was so gentle and friendly and seemed to handle all of our inexperience so well. I am sure kids would be great with that horse. (chocolate was his name)
Alex also had lots of great local tips about our trip.
Thank you Alex & Sleeping Indian Outfitters!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

last october I shot a bull elk a couple miles from any road and at the bottom of a steep slope. I made a call from our cabin to Sleeping Indian outfitters. Sam was busy packing other elk, but Alex was available. Within the 20 minutes it took for me to get to there place, she already had all of the horses rounded up and two of them sadled. I helped sadle the other two and off we went. I have to say of all the times Ive packed elk horseback, this was by far the smoothest pack of them all. Alex knows what she is doing! More than most men I know! She even helped me quarter the elk and load him in the panyards.The horses are seasoned and very tame.Ive also had the privelage of having Sam guide me on an elk hunt, and have also been on several poker runs and had a blast every time. I strongly recomend Sleeping Indian Outfitters to anyone, wether it be a day trip,poker run, or a hunt.

1  Thank Quinn B
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We went on a 1/2 day ride through meadows, forest and streams, up into the surrounding hills. We started out in some low lying fog which kept us cool for a bit (atypical for July), but as the ride progressed, the sun came out and we were able to see the magnificent views of the mountains and valleys. The ride was not too steep or strenuous, but perfect for myself and two daughters (11 and 14 yrs). Alix was great, she knew a lot about the surrounding area and pointed out wildlife (antelopes) in the distance. She also knew everything about the vegetation and flowers around us. We were able to run a bit and had the freedom to ride side by side and not head to tail the whole time. The horses were great and there was even a sack lunch included for our trip - we stopped in a tree grove to eat and had a nice break in the shade. Highly recommended!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I own a succesful oilfield company and can't plan my weekend until it is here. Sleeping Indian Outfitters gets me within a shot away of big game effortlessly in the Rocky Mountains and that is nice and worth every penny. It felt like a vacation had come to an end after i left. I have sum good friends from Kansas coming this year to hunt and they wanted to hunt and enjoy their time off as well. I got our dates from Sam lined out and can't wait to show my friends that you can hunt big game high in the Rockies with the help of professionals as easy as they hunt pheasants in the flatlands. I told them- just you watch, these people know what they are doing, so have your gun sighted in and don't miss because this will be an oppurtunity of a lifetime. Can't Wait

Been to Sleeping Indian Outfitters Day Tours? Share your experiences!