“Real Dakota Beef and Atmosphere”

Buffalo Jump Saloon and Steak House
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Beulah
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a steakhouse with an Old West Atmosphere. We feature top quality beef, buffalo, and seafood. We also have house-smoked Bar-B-Q ribs, brisket, chicken, and sausage. Families are welcome. Open for dinner seven days a week.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

For a restaurant located in a prairie town of 17 population the meals and the atmosphere are outstanding. The chef who relocated to this quiet town from Las Vegas assembles Vegas-quality food in a rustic western dining and bar area. Worth a drive.

1  Thank spearfishpete

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I heard what a great steak you could get at the Buffalo Jump Saloon. All we got was TAKEN. I've had jerky that tasted better than the so called Ribeye I had during Labor Day weekend.
If you don't know a good steak from a hole in the ground, the Buffalo Jump Saloon would be a good bet.
If you like paying $10.00 per drink such as the big cities charge, then this tourist gouging place might be to your liking. As far as we are concerned, this place is wiped off our "maps".
I'm going to rate this a $$$$ because I believe quality, taste and flavor are main factors in prices. Paying a hefty price for something delicious is one thing but a hefty price for a mediocre steak is ludicrous.

1  Thank Mel L
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Excellent food and good old time service. We visit every year on our annual trip. The beef is absolutely excellent. The staff is extremely accommodating and kind. It is worth a visit. Enjoy.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were there in July 2013. We had the special for the night which was chicken fried steak. Huge portion with real mashed potatoes. Also I liked the selection of sides. If you didn't want potato you had a choice of other vegetables like fresh sauted asparagus, beans, or spinach. Our only complaint was that the cream gravy was cold. I had mine on the side and when I tried to put a little on my meat it came out of the dish in a glob. I ate my steak without gravy. The menu had a huge selection including different cuts of buffalo steaks. The service was great, and the waitress and bartender gave us ideas of different routes to take to Devil's tour.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Buffalo Jump twice. My husband orders a ribeye and it is delicious (I always steal several bites). I've ordered the Chicken and Biscuits entree both times. Quality fried chicken smashed btw two HUGE biscuits and smothered in gravy. In love. It's the best steakhouse we've tried in the Black Hills.

Been to Buffalo Jump Saloon and Steak House? Share your experiences!