“Closed”
Review of S A Loon's Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

S A Loon's Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This place has closed and has been sold. I believe they are tearing it down. But I did see the sold sign out front.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is not opened anymore. Was located on Highway 51. Not sure if there are any plans to reopen.

1  Thank catchthetrain
Reviewed January 17, 2013

S A Loons is good place that doesn't cost much. If you're looking for a sandwich and a beer and nice people to meet, S A Loons is your place.

1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was traveling through Wisconsin with friends and we stumbled onto S A Loon's on a Sunday afternoon. You might miss it if you aren't looking for it, but it is worth the look. Bar in the front and a restaurant in the back, we sat by the windows overlooking the outside patio. The waitress was friendly and willing to customize our orders as we wanted.
The food came quickly, was hot and delicious. The many side orders were a treat with good, Midwestern choices. A perfect spot for a stop along the way to areas of scenic beauty in Wisconsin.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My sisters and I went to S A Loons to celebrate my 60th birthday on Sunday 9/9/12. The menu states... Dinners include...Soup or Salad, French fries or Baked Potato, and a dinner roll. I order the rib dinner with salad and a baked potato. my sister ordered the chicken dinner with soup and baked potato, my other sister ordered steak medium with salad and baked potato. We recieved our soup and helped ourselfs to the salad bar. 45 minutes, YES I said 45 minutes later the waitress said the food would be out shortly, the chicken was frozen. 15 more minutes and we finally recieved our food.
My ribs were charded on the outside and raw, and I do mean raw, on the inside. My sisters steak was well done and dry as a piece of toast. The chicken was wonderful, we alled shared this because nothing else was edible. When the bill came we were charged an additional $5.95 twice for the salad bar and $3.95 for the soup. We questioned the waitress who said that it's soup or salad or french fries or baked potato. I showed the menu wilth the comas between the words soup or salad and the words French Fries or Baked Potato, explained that I taught English and that comas means you get a choice of sup or salad and a choice of fries or baked potato, also a dinner roll. She said that;s not what we mean..... I could only laugh to keep from getting angry. She ignored the fact that my ribs were raw, never offed any other options or even to cook them longer. Needless to say we paid the bill and left....never to return again.