Best Western Wittenberg Inn
Travelocity
$122
Econo Lodge(Rothschild)
$45
All reviewswaffleslocal casinostayed hereweeknight staygas stationnice hotelindoor pool and whirlpoolhard boiled eggstruck stoprooms are cleanovernight tripdecent roomcontinental breakfastnice breakfasthot itemsdefinitely stay here againenglish muffins
Reviewed February 18, 2010

When we were checking in, I handed the desk clerk our Bank visa check card and as she was running it though she stated that debit cards are charged twice to your account and a sign said an added 20% fee. The first charge would drop of your account up to 15days latter. I did not want that kind of deal so gave the desk clerk my regular visa card and she said she canceled the debit card transaction. Nothing was further told to us that the regular visa would also have a hold charge 130% of the bill and then also regular room rate using the correct amount. The next business day I checked our accounts on line to find that they held out $180.00 off our credit limit from the visa (130%of the room rate plus the rate for the room). Five days latter the 130% was still hanging on my credit limit even after the regular rate was then billed to my account. This motel did not disclose that they would use our credit card in this manner. I have traveled many places and always use my credit or debit card but never seen any thing like this . After calling the motel again today, they called my credit card Co and said they canceled the hold charge off our credit limit!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WisconsinTraveler48
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Stayed here for a family reunion occuring in Gresham. Just a short 20 min drive from Gresham. Very attractive lobby. Good breakfast (boiled eggs, fruit, waffles, bakery, etc). Fast, courteous check-in and check-out. But best of all, the room was super clean. The non-smoking room did not smell like smoke (like some non-smoking rooms do in other motels/hotels.) We'd stay again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2007

The staff was excellent, the hotel was clean and quiet. I would definetley stay again.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2006

We had an excellent stay at the Comfort Inn, Wittenberg, WI September 30 to October 1, 2006. The lobby was welcoming with a "northwoods" feel of knotty pine and a fireplace. The front desk was easy to see, on the left and kind of protruding a little. The fireplace hid the breakfast area. The lobby was comfortable and had an "open" feel, so the architect did a great job despite the relatively narrow space available (compared to larger hotels).

The front desk staff was available and not "hiding," quckly greeting me with eye contact and a smile. Check-in was quick and easy. The staff was helpful with directions to my room. We had a special request for a non-smoking room, and this was met. (This was not true of a recent stay at a Country Inn Suites, West Bend, WI, and we were stuck with a smoking room all weekend :0( ).

This hotel was immaculate including room, and especially the hallways, stairways, and pool area. All exceeded expectations for cleanliness. The complimentary continental breakfast was very nice and included the hot waffles (my favorite); the staff was available and helpful when the juice was empty.

The location is kind of "in the boonies" but right off of the four-lane highway 29. It is close to the lakes area of northeast Wisconsin and 50 miles west of Green Bay.

My only suggestion is for the owners to do much more with landscaping, tree planting as the hotel is right across from a restaurant/truck stop. Addition of evergreens and birch would make the presentation complete !

Overall, this hotel demonstrates great Midwestern values of friendliness, helpfulness and cleanliness that his sadly missing at many hotels throughout the country. Great value for the price.

Applause to this hotel and its staff or its excellent presentation and service delivery. We will stay here again and recommend it to friends or relatives.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MNBluestater