“Great Place To Stay On Vacation”
Review of Maples Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Rapids
Maples Motel
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We slept on a mattress that was more comfortable then we have at home. Noticed the new stove and refrigerator too. I've read other reviews that are not favorable, but there are two sides to every story. It makes me wonder what the other side would say! We have stayed here for years without any problems. The service has always been great.
Barb

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CHIKITTY

Reviewed April 19, 2010

The exterior appears well-kept and that was why we stopped. The price should have tipped us off ... it was very low and so was the quality of the room. We asked for non-smoking but the room smelled heavily of old cigarettes. Where a second bed used to be only the headboard remained. The single remaining bed was pushed right up against the far wall. The shower did not work so we were forced to take a bath. When I put my hand on the side wall of the tub grime wiped off to reveal the true colour of the tub. I was disguisted and got out of there as fast as I could. While the carpet appeared newer, the bed was comfortable and the sheets clean, in the future we will spend a few extra dollars and to a cleaner place with functioning plumbing.
NOTE: Having just called to let the owner know of the malfunctioning waterhead, I am even less inclined toward them than before. I was told that "is a daily occurrence here" and it was pointed out that my stay did not cost much so I should not expect much ...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Joolie1h
Reviewed September 15, 2009

If the owner gets a friend who wants to stay there - you are out! No matter how long in advance you have placed reservations and given him a credit card to hold rooms, "he doesn't do business that way, and some one else wanted your rooms"
Do not plan on staying here unless you get a flat tire in the parking lot and you sleep in your car, then you know you have to stay at the maples motel.

I gave it a one star, because they don't over zero!

Stayed: September 2009
6  Thank WeddingCrasher711
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Reserved 10 rooms with a credit card number for my sons wedding day. I did this appox. 8 months ago. Read some reviews on this place so I returned less than 2 months ago to make sure rooms were going to be there and he had my credit card number. Called on Sunday to check on the rooms and give names for the room. Greg (the crook) would not be in until Monday. Person confirmed my name and card. Called Monday and Greg said he didn't remember me and no name was there for me. Said I talk to his desk clerk the day before and suddenly found my name. He said he was all book up. No one called for the rooms. I said what was the credit card for, and he said they do not book that way because if people cancelled I would get stuck for the rooms. What a nice thought. The wedding party and myself now needs to go find somewhere to stay 5 days before the wedding. May he rot in HEL::::

• Stayed: September 2009
8  Thank djbWi
Reviewed November 3, 2008

We booked several rooms for a cross country meet. The rooms were dirty, and smelled terrible. We booked non-smoking rooms and all of the rooms had no-smoking signs posted in them, but the rooms reaked of cigarette smoke and had ash trays on the table. There were also burn marks on the sides of the tub from cigarettes.

The sheets on the beds were dirty and full of hair.

Our smoke detector was disconnected.

The bathroom had mold on the walls and ceiling. There were urine stains on the walls by the toilet. There were cracks in the wall above the shower and there were bugs coming out of the cracks.

The floors were dirty and sticky. Your white socks turned black. Also, the chairs in the room were filthy.

Some of our group got switched to other rooms, but found the same conditions, no improvements.

We had two towels in our room and we paid for four people. We requested more towels and were told to pick them up in the morning from the office. The office was not open by 10 a.m. and we had to purchase towels at a local store. Check-out was at 10:30 a.m.

We checked in late and there were no other hotel rooms available in town. We were unable to change reservations due to committments the next day. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

Stayed: October 2008
6  Thank way2goonvacations
Reviewed July 15, 2007

My group has stayed at this property each summer for well over a decade. This is a basic motel has seen better days, however it was always a fun to stay at this modest place.

The owner of the Motel canceled dozens of resverations because the prior group wanted to extend their stay without regards for our pre-paid reservations. With just 72 hours notice and a huge water-ski tournamnet, many of our team members were sent scampering a few dozen miles away at the last second.

If you have no choice, stay with this dishonest motel. If you have a choice, anything would be better.

Lloyd Leuthner CPA
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Treasurer Waterboard Warriros Ski Team

P.S. My group heard many cases of credit cards being billed twice. We contested the charges, however just watch yourself when working with this property.

• Stayed: July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank bjorncpa