“basic accomodations, nice hotel”

Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Madison WI
“basic accomodations, nice hotel”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Nothing fancy here, but it met all our needs. Stayed one night using award points. Making the reservation and redeeming points for this stay was simple and straightforward (more so than most brands). The hotel is fairly new, so everything is clean and in working order. The rooms are very spacious, with a large sitting area and table. This is all contiguous with the sleeping area, they are not separate rooms so apply the term "suite" loosely. Large screen LCD TV, free internet (wireless). Free breakfast but be warned it is some of the worst I've experienced (chain specific, not just this hotel). The morning desk person had no personality whatsoever, never said hi or thank you when we checked out, just took the room cards.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
newportnews, virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2009

During my check in the manager of the hotel was in her pjs. can you so no respect for her job!!!!! The room was ok, kinda clean but the bedding did smell! But the point is that i couldnt belive she was in her pjs behind the desk carrying her ciggerttes. I dont think i will stay here again, i have been in worse but i have never seen that before!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank outoftowner33
SLEEPINNWR, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, September 24, 2009
This behavior is unacceptable and is not tolerated. We apologize for this unprofessional behavior. This assistant manager is no longer with our company. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and have the highest expectations for our staff to obtain.
milwaukee, wisconsin
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We made our reservation for a one-night stay at the Sleep Inn after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. And we are so glad we did. This room in a Mariiott would be $200. We stayed in room 207, king bed. Very clean room. Big clean bathroom and shower. Smoke free, free WiFi. Conveniently located, make sure you stop for the BEST pizza in town at Portesi's just across the street. Ben at the front desk is wonderful, helped me find a way to a late checkout and was so very helpful and pleasant. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Bartlett, Tennessee
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I was going to stay at this location tonight (2-26-2009) BUT when I arrived they wanted to photocopy my drivers license. Can you say great big old warning flag!!! In this day and age of IDENTITY THEFT I consider this request as unreasonable. A person that is good at ID theft only needs a little to do so and I am not going to give them anything. The young lady at the desk could not give me a reason for even wanting my DL. They already have my credit card and I have to spend enough time each month getting the unauthorized charges off of it. I keep track and last year in my travels - the clerks at hotels (not to say this young lady would) have attempted to charge right at $40,000 to my credit card (last year I stayed in a hotel for 168 nights). So why would I in my right mind give up the old DL also? So I have to recommend that you do not stay here until they change their policy on this.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Itraveltomuch
SLEEPINNWR, manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, March 5, 2009
At the time of check in each guest is informed by the front desk that our hotel requires some form of a state issued identification card on file in order to check in to our facility. (Drivers License etc.). This is posted at the front desk. It is also explained to the guest this is for their safety and security.
The Front Desk clerks are trained and do give an explanantion to as why we do this.
puerto vallarta mexico
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We just returned from a one night stay at the Sleep Inn in Wisconsin Rapids, we had 3 different rooms booked on our reservation. When we booked this hotel I thought twice about staying here because honestly we only stay at 4 star hotels or better because we have been Marriott Rewards Members for over 15 years. But we needed a clean hotel and after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I decided to try this hotel out. From the time we checked in to the time we checked out this hotel was more then a pleasurable experience. Each room, bathroom and the entire hotel was VERY clean and I would recommend it to anyone. We ate the deluxe complimentary breakfast this morning which was great also. Items were fresh, hot and high quality. This hotel should not be passed up if you need to stay in the Wisconsin Rapids area. Don't let the price fool you - I've stayed in more expensive rooms that I wouldn't even consider using again and this is not the case with this hotel. I usually don't write reviews once I've returned from somewhere but this hotel deserves all the praise it can get. Trust me I'm not a prude just spoiled, I like things clean, new and comfortable and this hotel will not disappoint in any of these areas.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — thee wasn't anything to dislike
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank peaewe
Wisconsin
Reviewed November 28, 2008

Fairly new hotel, very clean, no probelms. Front desk staff was very efficient and check in was smoothe. Finding the hotel was no problem. One thingthat really gets me excited about a hotel's level of service to the client is fitted sheets on the bed. Let's face it...how manyof us HATE those sheets we pull out when we go to bed. You end up remaking the whole bed! The bathroom was a nice size, no problems with water pressure or temp. The mattress was firm but sleepable. Room temp east to control. I'm very nit picky - this place was CLEAN and well kept. Period. We did not use the pool or comp breakfast, so can't say much about them, Parking was fine. Point it, it's safe, clean, quiet, the price is decednt with AAA and I will stay there again no problem. Oh, free Wi Fi too ; )

Dawn

• Liked — Fittted sheedt!
  • Disliked — Not a thing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ripleyroo
rockford,ilinois
Reviewed September 19, 2008

Spent one night here onSept. 17,2008..Very clean and well maintained..Friendly staff..Entire place is non-smoking..Continental breakfast provided..

1 Thank safety bill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#2 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Stevens Point
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point

Been to Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids? Share your experiences!