“CLEAN!”

Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I read some of the past reviews and was kind of confused. We did not have any problems with our room and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean, although it was kind of small. THe bathroom is huge. Microwave and refrigerator in room. Pool area is nice. Breakfast nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Matt B, General Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you very much for the positive review. We always do our best to provide our guest with a clean, comfortable, and enjoyable stay. Hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here again recently, visiting family in the area. We've stayed at this hotel several times, and have found it to be the best in the area. Decent, clean rooms and bathrooms, free breakfast with enough choices for adults and children alike. Very nice indoor pool, plentiful free parking with restaurants nearby. My only wish is that Hampton Inn would open up in town so I could get my HHonors points!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John F

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The Hotel was adequate for 2 nights. It had a good continental breakfast with eggs and sausages,waffles, bagels, sweet rolls, yogurt, juice and coffee. Excellent shower. Some stains in hallway carpeting. Internet access ok. TV OK. Air Conditioning OK. Only real negative is stairs in terrible location and no elevator to second floor.

Room Tip: If you need an elevator skip this hotel unless you are guaranteed to be on first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Matt B, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again soon!

Matt Bates

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were visiting family and the motels we usually stay at were booked. We chose the Sleep Inn as a last resort. Next time we'll drive a ways before we stay at this hotel again! First of all noone was at the check-in desk. We followed directions to use the phone in the lobby to call someone. Five minutes later two ladies finally sauntered into the lobby. One of them gave a half-hearted apology that they had been restocking housekeeping. Would have been nice if one of them would have been at the desk. After we checked in and put us in room 222 they informed us their was no elevator?! We had to haul our luggage up to our room via the stairs. When we opened the door to our "nonsmoking" room, it reeked of smoke. Another trip to the desk and we were given an acceptable, though hot, room. The room was decently clean and we were able to get some sleep despite the paper thin walls. This motel comes across as trying to save every penny possible - pillows were half size travel pillows, no lids for the coffee cups, etc. It just felt cheap, cheap, cheap. But we paid over $100-more than we paid at an Embassy Suites just one month earlier. We didn't even try to eat breakfast. They had typical offerings, but we were ready to get out of there. Avoid if possible!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary Beth P
Matt B, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Mary,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I apologize that there was no one available to help you immediately upon your arrival. Our desk staff has many duties, all of which are devoted to giving our guests the best experience possible. We did have two people staffing the desk that night, but one was a new trainee who was shadowing the other staff member.
It is true that we have no elevator. Unfortunatley this is true for most hotels of our size in our area. We do try to accomodate those that prefer first floor but, as you noted, most hotels in the area were near-full that night, as were we.
We are a 100% smoke free building. I am so sorry that you detected the odor of smoke in your original room and am glad that you gave us a chance to correct that for you. Also, the heat was very bad that week with near-record temperatures. We normally keep our AC units running at a low level in our rooms when they are not in use. I do hope that the AC quickly cooled your room off once you turned it up.
I am not sure what to make of the comment on your rate. According to our records, your rate was much lower than what you say and could not have been over $100 than any other property unless you were given a free room. Please contact me if you are seeing something different on your bank statement.
Lastly, I am sorry that you didn't have a chance to experience our breakfast. We are rather proud of it and I feel that you would have enjoyed it. If you are ever in our neighborhood, please stop in for a free breakfast on us.

Thanks,
Matt

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The girl behind the counter was rude. Left for dinner came back and still not done after 2 hours. The hotel is about 25% booked by the amount of cars in the lot. Its 8 pm.... so maybe another 25% show up.... Well then WHY don't they have a Computer Chair to change the one that is BROKEN in my room??? Not going to stay here next time I am in town. Too bad for the Owner, for the fact my company stays here a lot and I get to pick what hotel we stay at.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick S
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear Patrick,

I am very sorry that our service did not meet you standards. We strive for 100% satifaction for all of our guests. The desk clerk on duty that night was busy and got you a new chair as soon as she was able. We are sorry that it was not sooner.

We hope that you give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Matt Bates

Reviewed April 19, 2012

During a recent trip to my home town, had to stay in a Hotel unexpectedly, this one seemed to look the best. Went in to ask the prices for a one night stay, and was given them. Asked if the offered a Miitary Discount (I have almost 30 years of Military Service) and was told yes, but the prices would be considerably HIGHER!!! How can you call that a discount, and the Gentleman, would no even tell me what the price would be!! Wisconsin, the state that deams it self so Patriotic!! I was dumfounded. Apparently the oners of this hotel are not "PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN"!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kerry S
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Dear Kerry,

I am very sorry. My staff and I very much appreciate the sacrifices that you and other members of our glorious armed forces have made for us. Unfortunately, on the night of your visit, their was a glitch in the reservation system that caused our 10% off Military rate to appear to be higher than our standard rate. This has since been corrected, and of course we will be proud to continue this discount for all of our honorable active military and veterans for as long as I am involved with this property.

Again, I am sorry for your unpleasant experience. I hope that you give us a chance again in the future.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

This was my second time at the Sleep Inn for an event I attend each January in Wisco Rapids. Clean, quiet, efficiently run, good night's sleep. Kudos to the management for taking pride in their property. Am happy to return!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#2 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point

Been to Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids? Share your experiences!