“Highway Robbery!”

Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Morton, Illinois, United States
“Highway Robbery!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were visiting family and the motels we usually stay at were booked. We chose the Sleep Inn as a last resort. Next time we'll drive a ways before we stay at this hotel again! First of all noone was at the check-in desk. We followed directions to use the phone in the lobby to call someone. Five minutes later two ladies finally sauntered into the lobby. One of them gave a half-hearted apology that they had been restocking housekeeping. Would have been nice if one of them would have been at the desk. After we checked in and put us in room 222 they informed us their was no elevator?! We had to haul our luggage up to our room via the stairs. When we opened the door to our "nonsmoking" room, it reeked of smoke. Another trip to the desk and we were given an acceptable, though hot, room. The room was decently clean and we were able to get some sleep despite the paper thin walls. This motel comes across as trying to save every penny possible - pillows were half size travel pillows, no lids for the coffee cups, etc. It just felt cheap, cheap, cheap. But we paid over $100-more than we paid at an Embassy Suites just one month earlier. We didn't even try to eat breakfast. They had typical offerings, but we were ready to get out of there. Avoid if possible!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary Beth P
Matt B, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Mary,

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I apologize that there was no one available to help you immediately upon your arrival. Our desk staff has many duties, all of which are devoted to giving our guests the best experience possible. We did have two people staffing the desk that night, but one was a new trainee who was shadowing the other staff member.
It is true that we have no elevator. Unfortunatley this is true for most hotels of our size in our area. We do try to accomodate those that prefer first floor but, as you noted, most hotels in the area were near-full that night, as were we.
We are a 100% smoke free building. I am so sorry that you detected the odor of smoke in your original room and am glad that you gave us a chance to correct that for you. Also, the heat was very bad that week with near-record temperatures. We normally keep our AC units running at a low level in our rooms when they are not in use. I do hope that the AC quickly cooled your room off once you turned it up.
I am not sure what to make of the comment on your rate. According to our records, your rate was much lower than what you say and could not have been over $100 than any other property unless you were given a free room. Please contact me if you are seeing something different on your bank statement.
Lastly, I am sorry that you didn't have a chance to experience our breakfast. We are rather proud of it and I feel that you would have enjoyed it. If you are ever in our neighborhood, please stop in for a free breakfast on us.

Thanks,
Matt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The girl behind the counter was rude. Left for dinner came back and still not done after 2 hours. The hotel is about 25% booked by the amount of cars in the lot. Its 8 pm.... so maybe another 25% show up.... Well then WHY don't they have a Computer Chair to change the one that is BROKEN in my room??? Not going to stay here next time I am in town. Too bad for the Owner, for the fact my company stays here a lot and I get to pick what hotel we stay at.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick S
, General Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Patrick,

I am very sorry that our service did not meet you standards. We strive for 100% satifaction for all of our guests. The desk clerk on duty that night was busy and got you a new chair as soon as she was able. We are sorry that it was not sooner.

We hope that you give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Matt Bates
Millville
Reviewed April 19, 2012

During a recent trip to my home town, had to stay in a Hotel unexpectedly, this one seemed to look the best. Went in to ask the prices for a one night stay, and was given them. Asked if the offered a Miitary Discount (I have almost 30 years of Military Service) and was told yes, but the prices would be considerably HIGHER!!! How can you call that a discount, and the Gentleman, would no even tell me what the price would be!! Wisconsin, the state that deams it self so Patriotic!! I was dumfounded. Apparently the oners of this hotel are not "PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN"!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kerry S
, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Kerry,

I am very sorry. My staff and I very much appreciate the sacrifices that you and other members of our glorious armed forces have made for us. Unfortunately, on the night of your visit, their was a glitch in the reservation system that caused our 10% off Military rate to appear to be higher than our standard rate. This has since been corrected, and of course we will be proud to continue this discount for all of our honorable active military and veterans for as long as I am involved with this property.

Again, I am sorry for your unpleasant experience. I hope that you give us a chance again in the future.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This was my second time at the Sleep Inn for an event I attend each January in Wisco Rapids. Clean, quiet, efficiently run, good night's sleep. Kudos to the management for taking pride in their property. Am happy to return!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have stayed at this motel in the past so wanted to spend our 48th wedding anniversery there so that we could go swimming. When we got there they informed us the swimming pool was closed so that was very disappointing. They did not offer any reduction in price and did not apologize for the inconveience. Then I asked if they had a computer so I could check my email. He said we have the desk over there but no computer yet. If we had known ahead of time that the pool was out we would have stayed elsewhere as that is what we were looking forward to. When i sent a letter to the management to complain because when we checked out no one asked us how our stay was, they just said we could have conceled out reservation and they would have assisted us in finding another motel with a pool. Of course they did not say that when we checked in. Their cancellation policy asks for advanced notice, not when you come to check in. I guess in the future we will stay down the road at the AmericInn where they have a swimming pool and a pool table to keep us entertained.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan N
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights for business and was extremely impressed. Big room with a big bathroom and very clean. WiFi internet was strong, pool was big and the hot tub was even bigger. I would most definitely stay here again, whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Very friendly and accomodating staff, beautiful, comfortable room. I was visiting my Grandaughter and my two Great-grandkids, they let them use the indoor pool and they had a wonderful time. The room rate was only $72.00 +tax (AARP), very reasonable.

Everything is close, restaurants, stores, Wal-Mart Supercenter. very convienient.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BikerBoots
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#2 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point

Been to Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids? Share your experiences!