“Treats Military Horrible”

Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Millville
“Treats Military Horrible”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

During a recent trip to my home town, had to stay in a Hotel unexpectedly, this one seemed to look the best. Went in to ask the prices for a one night stay, and was given them. Asked if the offered a Miitary Discount (I have almost 30 years of Military Service) and was told yes, but the prices would be considerably HIGHER!!! How can you call that a discount, and the Gentleman, would no even tell me what the price would be!! Wisconsin, the state that deams it self so Patriotic!! I was dumfounded. Apparently the oners of this hotel are not "PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN"!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kerry S
, Manager at Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Kerry,

I am very sorry. My staff and I very much appreciate the sacrifices that you and other members of our glorious armed forces have made for us. Unfortunately, on the night of your visit, their was a glitch in the reservation system that caused our 10% off Military rate to appear to be higher than our standard rate. This has since been corrected, and of course we will be proud to continue this discount for all of our honorable active military and veterans for as long as I am involved with this property.

Again, I am sorry for your unpleasant experience. I hope that you give us a chance again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This was my second time at the Sleep Inn for an event I attend each January in Wisco Rapids. Clean, quiet, efficiently run, good night's sleep. Kudos to the management for taking pride in their property. Am happy to return!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We have stayed at this motel in the past so wanted to spend our 48th wedding anniversery there so that we could go swimming. When we got there they informed us the swimming pool was closed so that was very disappointing. They did not offer any reduction in price and did not apologize for the inconveience. Then I asked if they had a computer so I could check my email. He said we have the desk over there but no computer yet. If we had known ahead of time that the pool was out we would have stayed elsewhere as that is what we were looking forward to. When i sent a letter to the management to complain because when we checked out no one asked us how our stay was, they just said we could have conceled out reservation and they would have assisted us in finding another motel with a pool. Of course they did not say that when we checked in. Their cancellation policy asks for advanced notice, not when you come to check in. I guess in the future we will stay down the road at the AmericInn where they have a swimming pool and a pool table to keep us entertained.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan N
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights for business and was extremely impressed. Big room with a big bathroom and very clean. WiFi internet was strong, pool was big and the hot tub was even bigger. I would most definitely stay here again, whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Very friendly and accomodating staff, beautiful, comfortable room. I was visiting my Grandaughter and my two Great-grandkids, they let them use the indoor pool and they had a wonderful time. The room rate was only $72.00 +tax (AARP), very reasonable.

Everything is close, restaurants, stores, Wal-Mart Supercenter. very convienient.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank BikerBoots
Lake Geneva, WI
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed her for one night on business. This hotel is super clean and the staff is really nice. It's a great location too - walking distance to resturants too. Try pasquales across the street....super good thin crust pizza. The hotel also has a nice pool. Great choice!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank sage_brown
Gaylord, Michigan
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Nothing fancy but it looks like they've been doing some updating...granite counter tops, flat screen tv... It is also very, very clean and quiet. The desk staff were all friendly and helpful. For the money, a good place for us.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank northernite
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#2 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point

Been to Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids? Share your experiences!