“Wonderful service, great food, it's actually got better!”
Review of Baker Street Grill

Baker Street Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Baker Street Grill is not your average bar and grill in Wisconsin Rapids. It is a true hidden treasure family and friends are sure to enjoy. Whether you want to sit down for a relaxing meal in our newly remodeled dining area or sit back at the bar and talk with one of the friendly bartenders, we have you covered! Named after the historic street on which the building stands, Baker Street Grill was not always a restaurant. The history spans back into the late 1950s when it first was a liquor store. Over the years it hosted a variety of businesses including a beauty parlor, barbershop, meat market, taxidermy and a few different taverns. In 2004 it was transformed into what it is today, Baker Street Grill. Current owners, Dan and Bev Fink, took over the restaurant on October 27th, 2011. Bev was the previous owners bar manager and when they decided to sell, she couldn’t let the opportunity slip away. “I love the place” she says, “It feels like a home and that’s why my husband and I decided to take a chance on it”. It definitely turned out to be a chance worth taking. Not only do we offer a wide selection of wine and other cocktails, we also house 16 different Craft Beers on tap that change throughout the month. If you’re up for a challenge, then you can join the many others who have completed the Baker Street Beer Challenge by trying all 16 beers in just one month, earning you a free T-shirt and your mug shot on the wall! We Pride ourselves in making as much as we can in house using only fresh ingredients including, homemade soups, salad dressings, sauces and much more! In addition to our menu, we offer unique lunch and dinner specials that change daily. Come on in and experience the hidden treasure of Baker Street Grill, we won’t disappoint!
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've always enjoyed the food at the Baker Street Grill. The friendly service and the wonderful assortment of deep fried bits and bobs were the best of their type. But I just returned to the restaurant and found that it had become a lot more sophisticated. A modern-style menu has been prepared, with a decent selection of main courses, with some options for sandwiches and snacks too. On this visit I had yellow finned tuna steak with roast red potatoes and mixed vegetables. The portion was a bit small for $17, but nevertheless it was delicious. The steak was cooked exactly how I asked, and the potatoes were full of flavor. A side dish of clam chowder was included and whilst this was not spectacular. it, together with the complimentary bread offset the high price tag. The service was wonderful throughout. The waitress and hostess had just the right amount of attentiveness and were polite, friendly, and cheery. I'll definitely be coming back!

1  Thank farmbrough

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in all of Central Wisconsin. The food is always good. I usually have one of the daily specials they offer, and have not had a bad one yet. The dining room is quite small, so I always try to go early (5:00 or so) and beat the dinner crowd. There is a large bar area separate from the dining room, so we are able to sit and visit as a group after dinner with after dinner drinks. If you're there on a friday night, they have the best fish fry I've ever had. Enjoy!

1  Thank ForSure53
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Since our last visit it has been redecorated and is very pleasing to the eye. The grilled tuna sandwich was wonderful with the tangy sauce on top. The special of the day was a meatloaf sandwich and it was blackened and done beautifully. Service was perfect and we will certainly be back for more.

1  Thank kathyandjack1
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband took me there for dinner the other night and I was not impressed. We sat at the bar and waited to order our drinks first. The owner did not get our drinks right away. She was busy talking to a couple about her day and how much her bills were and what she bought shopping. She should dress her age, not like some 20 year old. We waited 20 min before she walked up to us to order our drinks! Not good customer service.
There was not a lot to choose from the menu. I was hoping there would be more.
Not going to go eat there again. Food was overpriced and poor customer service!!

8  Thank Lisa Y
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The friendly service (tho sometimes a little slow) is standard as is the quality menu items. The steaks have always proven done as requested and flavorful and tasty. The burgers are large and done to perfection.
The menu does have varied items from pasta, sea food, etc. with daily specials.

1  Thank DICKBAZER