“Fish Fry at it's Finest”

Branding Iron Supper Club
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Full service bar and cozy dining room, with an outdoor patio!
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love the fish fry at Branding Iron. It is served family style with generous portions and delicious food. Try the Walleye if you have never had it. It is my favorite thing to eat here.

I now live about an hour and a half away, but I still like to go here for my birthday!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

When we want a truly fine dining experience for some special occasion, this is the place we go to get a great steak!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I go to the Branding Iron quite frequently, as this is by far our favorite supper club! The food is always fabulous, the service is ALWAYS excellent, and you couldn't ask for friendlier staff anywhere! I always choose the seafood, my husband always takes the steak special, and we have never been disappointed!
They have an excellent salad bar, lots of choices to please everyone! Their soups are to die for! Without a doubt, they have the best coffee anywhere! They have an excellent Friday night fish fry, and it is served family style. It is always our choice for an evening out! You can't beat the Branding Iron!

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We came for our daughter's birthday while camping nearby and stayed for what may be the most beautiful outdoor seating I've seen in years.

Unfortunately, no one ever told us they don't serve dinner outside which I can only assume is the reason our service was so bad. Other patrons were only having drinks but they seated us with menus. The bar server brought us drinks and mediocre cheese curds before we finally walked in and asked if we could place our order.

We all had steaks which were good but the shrimp and lobster were horrible. Our waiter was inattentive, forgot our daughter's soup until the meal was over and earned our worst tip ever.

I would recommend this place for a drink, but not so much for dinner unless the service is better inside and you avoid the frozen seafood.

Oh, and we spent $150 on dinner for 5 with only one glass of wine and sodas (which they left all the empty glasses on the table for our entire 1 1/2 hour meal).

1  Thank Andrea D
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I were visiting her nephew and his wife in Wisconsin Rapids in June of 2012 and they took us to the Branding Iron for dinner the first night we were there. The restaurant is an older establishment with a decor that I find charming as it reminds me of the "northwoods" restaruants and taverns I grew up with in Michigan. The service was very good. I had the blue gill plate and it was excellent. The blue grill are lightly battered and fried perfectly. I don't often don't care for fried fish since the coating can esily over-power the taste of the fish. This is not the case at the Branding Iron. My wife had the petit filet and it was very good as well. The vegetable sides were nicely prepared. The salad bar is complete. It's nothing speciall, but certainly acceptable. They also have seafood. Our nephew's wife had shrimp which were very nicely prepared. There is a full bar and a good selection of beers (hey it's Wisconsin afterall). I recommend the Branding Iron Supper Club if you are in the Wisconsin Rapids area.