“For $100, I expected better...”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Janesville, Wisconsin
“For $100, I expected better...”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

If I could choose between poor and average, that would be my choice. Not quite poor, not quite average...

My reception at the front desk was average, not overly enthusiastic. I dropped in with out a reservation and took a king suite with a hot tub. When I entered my room, the first thing that I noticed that bothered me was the odor, the room smelled like gym socks. The hot tub was clean on the outside, but as soon as I filled it with water and activated the jets, brown cornflake-like chunks ejected from the jets. I emptied the tub and tried again, still more chunks. After I drained and refilled again, the chunks were gone. I don't know what they were, but it was gross. (Maybe the cause of the smell?) The TV was good quality, but no movie channels. The room had a fridge and a microwave and a very small table/desk to get work done. The bathroom was also a major disappointment. The shower head was gross, looked as if it was never cleaned by the staff, the toilet had stains in the base of the bowl. And after I took my shower (ripped shower curtain) the shower didn't drain.
The positive: bed was GREAT, very comfortable and smelled/felt clean. I love the fact that they give you 6 pillows for the bed. The place was dead quiet, I slept really well. The breakfast was typical, but satisfying. The front counter staff was more enthusiastic than the night shift. Friendly and smiling.
Overall: I am a bit disappointed in the overall attention to detail, for $100+ I expect cleanliness and my room to be repaired and in good condition. To me the value -vs- experience was off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Melissa K, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn Wisconsin Rapids. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Constructive feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

Our AmericInn has a very high standard and reputation of guest room cleanliness. You were promised a clean room and it appears we did not live up to that expectation. To more consistently accomplish that goal, we have made some changes to the way in which our guest rooms are cleaned and inspected before being rented to our guests.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience which you experienced. It is our wish that you will continue to benefit from our excellent accommodations, exceptional guest service and that you will honor us with another opportunity to exceed your expectations. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guest and I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. We look forward to serving you again in the future and will once again say, “Welcome to the end of the day”.

Best Regards,

Melissa Kuhn
AmericInn Wisconsin Rapids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stay in hotels about 150 nights a year-that includes 3 continents!
This one is a great place to stay-quiet , clean, friendly, exellent value, has all the amenities you expect from AmericInn.
I keep coming back because I can recharge my batteries here and have better service than I could expect anywhere else.
Those who travel to Europe or Asia know that they would have to pay $250/night to have anything even close to this facility.
Consider using if often....and you will get free upgrades....like room with jacuzzi....suite, or just huge room that will fit good size family.
I highly recomend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Melissa K, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It makes us so happy when we know we have provided a wonderful stay in every way possible!

Oh yes, our whirlpool suites! Aren't they wonderful? The deep spacious tub with a waterfall faucet makes it even more delightful! It is a perfect place to lose your self in relaxation. That is why we love our Easy Rewards program! As soon as you become a member, as long as we have the availability, we can offer a free upgrade to one of our spacious suites!!

Thank you again for taking the time to write such a complimentary review! We are so happy that you always have a wonderful stay!
Mequon, WI
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Very friendly and professional staff. Strive to assist with any needs. I always stay here when I am in town. I have stayed at several other places in town and now always return here. Great job for this level of hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you! What a great review! We couldn't agree more and it makes us so happy that you are enjoying our property in the way we have hoped everyone would!
WISCONSIN
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My family stayed there for a weekend along with an entire basketball team my son was playing with in the 8th grade basketball state tournament in Stevens Point. I thought this place was really nice. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were very clean and kept up well. The beds were very comfortable and I actually did not get a backache like at most motels. The breakfast was excellent with sausage patties, scrambled eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels, etc. Even with several teams staying there the food at breakfast was always plentiful and the area very clean. Checking out was a breeze. We would definately stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MARTYWISC
Melissa K, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn of Wisconsin Rapids. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. Feedback from our guests is crucial in our continued quest to provide unparalleled guest service and impeccably clean lodging accommodations.

It was a pleasure to have the basketball teams stay with us. We are dedicated to providing the highest standards of service for our guest. We will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one. Even with a full hotel we stride on making everyone feel unique and welcome. We look forward to serving you again in the future and will once again say, “Welcome to the end of the day”.

Best Regards,

Melissa Kuhn
AmericInn Wisconsin Rapids
Mineral Point, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I live in Rapids, and my family was "fumed" out of our house due to our painting project late one night. AmericInn gave us a decent rate because it was late and becaus of our circumstances. They were very understanding. From now on, when family comes into town I am recommending this hotel above all others.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you so much for sharing in this review that we do care and we do try to do everything and anything to make sure every single one of our guest feel like family. I love getting to know each one of my guest! Every person I’ve met has a different past, present and story and I find it so touching when my guest share their stories with us! I can’t express how thankful I am for all your kind words!

We recently went through a complete renovation to our property! This included all new carpet, paint, drapes, bedding, lamps, and furniture! With this accomplished, we are proud to say we are a 100% smoke free hotel and hope you will come back and discover all the hard work my staff and I have put into this property!!

Thank you again for your review! We look forward to having you with us again soon!

Until then, have a wonderful day!!
WI
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Quiet place but the spilling over trash container at the entry door was a turn off. It was like that for 3 days. The maid did not clean my coffee pot or leave coffee 2 days in a row. I stayed 5 nights and they never changed the sheets. Free breakfast was decent and the lobby is nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank glrbob
Thank you for taking the time to write the review and giving us feed back on what we can work on. We have done a lot of work in this last past year to ensure our guest enjoy everything we have to offer! Our staff is the very best! Everyone works so hard to ensure that the property is very clean and that they have done everything possible to make your stay divine. We try to think of every detail but we understand we may miss things too. We recently went through a complete renovation to our property! This included all new carpet, paint, drapes, bedding, lamps, furniture, and every room has a microwave and refrigerator in it!

We hope you will come back and discover all the hard work my staff and I have put into this property!!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This is the first time I've stayed at an AmericInn Lodge. Was very pleased. As others have stated in previous reviews, it offers a lot for a moderate-priced hotel. Our room was clean and roomy. The pool area was also very fresh and clean. I also agree that the breakfast was one of the nicest ones I've had compared to other hotels."Continental Breakfast" can mean just about anything a hotel wants to set out for you-watered down orange juice,cold cereal, not -so-fresh donuts purchased the night before-I've endured it all.
I was hoping for hot waffles at the very least. To my family's surprise! AmericInn also had
hot scrambled eggs, sausage, bagels,toast, yogurt , several cereals, oatmeal, sweet rolls, & fresh fruit! Hotel staff was very attentive and made sure food was always replenished. Everyone was very friendly & pleasant.
Whole family enjoyed a wonderful stay.
Only two very tiny nit-picky cons: 1.) "Game Area" advertised on their website (Wisconsin Rapids, WI location), consisted of two sad looking video games sitting in the corner of the pool area and neither worked. (maybe the humidity in the pool area?). There was also a useless never-can-win crane game with stuffed animals so over sized & heavy that I doubt even the most skilled person could get the small crane to lift them. And a pool table - next to the pool, probably for lack of any space. This really didn't bother me at all because I didn't have to listen to the kids whine to play & it saved me some money.
2.) The fireplace in the lobby looked beautiful & inviting. It would have been so cozy if it had been turned on. The night we arrived was windy and damp. I never saw it on both nights we stayed there.
Like I said, very nit-picky. I would not hesitate to stay there again and most certainly will next time I come through that way again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank imbuddha1
Thank you! What a very nice review! It makes us so happy that you are enjoying our property in the way we have hoped everyone would!

I am so glad that you mentioned our extras!! We provided a wide range of extras, here are some examples: Heated Pool, Heated Whirlpool, Hot Home-Style Breakfast which includes scrabbled eggs and sausage, Wireless High Speed Internet, 24 hour fitness center a couple miles away, business center, laundry room, convenience store, 24 hour coffee bar, 24 front desk services, and much more!! We also have done a lot of work in this last past year to our rooms and lobby area! We had a complete renovation to our property! This included all new carpet, paint, drapes, bedding, lamps, and furniture!

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel!! Hope to see you in the near future!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin R...
#3 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids? Share your experiences!