“We love Anchor Bay in the summer!”

Anchor Bay Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

We have been to Anchor Bay with family and friends many times over the years and it never disappoints! It is especially fun in the summer when you can sit on the patio and have a drink and a good meal with a beautiful view of the river. As far as the food goes, it's always delicious! The frog legs are always a hit with family and friends, so definitely try them out but keep in mind that they are only offered in summer months. It's important to note that there are not many options for people with Celiac disease, as most of the menu items are burgers and sandwiches and they do not have gluten free buns. However, the staff is always friendly and accommodating and the Friday night fish fry offers a baked fish that is delicious and gluten free. So if you're a Celiac like me, I recommend coming on a Friday. The service is great and the bartenders are friendly. Give it a try!

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The view is fantastic and extraordinary. The food is average. And I guess I say average just because it's a little pricier than other restaurants in the area, maybe $2 more for a sandwich. They have an interesting menu...something different than just burgers and fries. Lettuce wraps, salads, sweet chili chicken wrap, and fish options.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The food is good--better with the newer menu they have--and the atmosphere is really where the magic happens. It's family friendly, has live music during the summer on some nights, and the view of the river is great. The biggest key is eating and being outside, though. The inside is noisy and nowhere's near as great as the outdoor area. Would I go there in the winter? No, but during the summer it's a big YES.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Came here for a quick lunch. Great service, great selection of sandwiches and burgers, and beverages. Even had a veggie burger for us vegetarians. Food was fresh and hot.:)

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stopped here on the way from Appleton to Wisc rapids and loved the food and waitress was really smiley! I ordered a chicken breast wrap and it came as chunks of deep fried chicken in the wrap which I can't eat (can't eat anything deep fried)...the menu said nothing about it being a fried chicken it just said chicken breast. So I gave it to my mom to eat and I ate half of my daughters sandwich. Location is pretty across the road from the Wisconsin River. My daughter and mom had the cheese curds and said they were wonderful!