“Excellent!”

Motel 6 Wisconsin Rapids
Oxford, WI
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The people I met at the front desk are actually the owners, and they did everything possible to ensure my stay was as comfortable as possible. Having stayed several times at this motel, it was nice to see that some rooms have hardwood floors, and others have carpeting. You can choose between 2 queen size beds or a single king size, and some rooms actually have jacuzzi tubs! The rooms were exceptionally clean, our beds made, trash emptied, and towels changed each and every day. I agree with another commenter, that this is not a bed and breakfast, though a hot cup of coffee is waiting in the lobby if one is neded. It is an exceptional value for the money, and you're not being charged for all the frills and extras that other places seem to have that you might never take advantage of. I will surely stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Terry M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the absolute worst hotel I have ever stayed at. When I first walked in, I noticed that there was linoleum on the floor that was sticky to walk oninstead of carpeting. All of the furniture was old with gouges and cigarette burns. When I had to move out the nightstand because I dropped something there was food crumbs and a candy wrapper on the floor. The shower area was dirty including a used bar of soap sitting in the shower. One of the towels in the shower was either dirty or heavily stained, as was one of the pillow cases. As they say, you get what you pay for. Even paying $50.00 a night you would at least expect the room to be clean. Don't even think about staying here!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank badgertraveler001
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed on business and I must say, this place is incredible for the money. Before you rush to make a reservation, you should know something. This is NOT a bed and breakfast. It is an economy motel. Designed for the weary traveler to get a clean room, hot shower, and quiet place to sleep. The manager onsite is the owner, and makes sure that you are 100% satisfied with your stay. The room is clean in every corner, not a hair to be found in the bath room, and the shower had REALLY hot water, and a nice shower head. The bed was average, but clean. The TV had a nice selection of cable channels. My room came with a mini refrigerator, which was nice to keep my water, beer, and leftovers cold. I was very impressed and I will be back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank deltafox5674
Reviewed June 14, 2012

When I first heard the price I hesitated but for the little money I spent I was very pleased. The room was clean and the owners where just as sweet as could be. If I ever find myself in need of a room in this area again I will not hesitate

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank christina.pennell
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The only bad reviews on Tripadvisor.com refer to the period before the current owner arrived, and clearly don't describe the hotel I stayed at.
The owner has been extremely friendly and helpful, taking the time to chat as well as help with hotel-related business. The only negative during our stay is that the pool heater broke, but that will soon be mended, and really, for under $30 you can't complain :-)
The best thing about the hotel is that everything is clean, clean, clean! You don't get the feeling that anyone else has just vacated. Our room had a huge fridge and an en-suite bathroom, neither of which I would have expected for the price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Rapids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank farmbrough
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

I checked in the previous friday and have had a marvelous expirence since. My first night the manager actually switched rooms for me just because my wifi on my phone wasnt working well in my original room. This guy since has gone out of his way to be friendly and accomodating during my stay.

And its onlu 30 bucks a night right now. Also the rooms are very spacious and comfortable with a very private feeling to them. This may be the best expirence ive had with a motel so far and i do alot of traveling.

there is just nothng to complain about here and this may be the best low end motel in wisconsin. I couldnt be more satisfied. Thank you to the manager and his family for providing me with a relaxed and good expirence

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank joshinchrist
Wisconsin, USA
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I was in town to photograph a hockey tournament, so I'm not looking for a four star hotel to stay in, only a place to crash that is clean and safe, and this Motel 6 fit the bill. It's obviously old and tired, but it was clean. I wouldn't recommend this place for a family, or a romantic get away. The owners, who appear to live right on the premises, seem sincere. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HavanaChas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin R...
#2 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
The Fern Hotel
The Fern Hotel
#4 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#3 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Hotel Mead & Conference Center
Hotel Mead & Conference Center
#1 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
BEST WESTERN Plover Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Motel 6 Wisconsin Rapids? Share your experiences!