“It's tired, but clean.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Motel 6 Wisconsin Rapids
Wisconsin, USA
“It's tired, but clean.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

I was in town to photograph a hockey tournament, so I'm not looking for a four star hotel to stay in, only a place to crash that is clean and safe, and this Motel 6 fit the bill. It's obviously old and tired, but it was clean. I wouldn't recommend this place for a family, or a romantic get away. The owners, who appear to live right on the premises, seem sincere. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HavanaChas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

I was in need of a room for the evening, since I had a meeting for work the next morning. I found this hotel, and was very pleasantly surprised. I've not had good experiences with Motel 6's before, and haven't been to one in over 10 years. I would come back here. Keep in mind, what you get isn't flashy, but the bed was good (BYOP, bring your own pillows) the room was clean, the bathroom was clean, it had a small fridge and microwave, and the wireless internet was FAST. Can't beat the prices either, got a King room for $35.00 (that INCLUDES tax). The front desk staff were great, and very polite. All in all, a good night sleep at a cheap price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

Although the property is older it is in amazing condition and well maintained. Being a bit of a germ freak I loved how spotless the rooms were and never worried they were not being cleaned properly. The price was amazing and the owners were so accommodating. We felt so comfortable and 24-7 someone was more than willing to help us if we needed anything. They went above and beyond and I will never stay anywhere else while in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

I wasn’t looking for any place fancy; simply a clean, comfortable and preferably quiet place to spend the night after attending a concert nearby. The Motel 6 in Wisconsin Rapids filled the bill for me perfectly. I didn’t interact much with the staff but the woman working at the front desk when I checked in and out was very friendly, efficient and helpful. Going by previous comments that the property is under new ownership/management, it appears that the new management cleaned the place from top to bottom and did a lot of work to improve the property overall. The motel looks like whoever is running it cares about the place. My room was extremely clean and comfortable. The bathroom was sparkling clean. The shower worked great and had plenty of hot water the two times I used it. I had brought along a laptop computer and had no problems with the free WiFi. I used the swimming pool and while it is smaller than average for a motel pool and not very deep, what impressed me was the water in the pool was sparkling clean and the pool area itself was immaculate and also had a clean restroom. As mentioned in a previous review, the motel is located just off the main road so you don’t get a lot of noise from the traffic and overall I didn’t notice much noise during my stay. For my purposes, this motel suited me perfectly!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank escapee98
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I road in with a small group of my biker friends, we arrived cold and soaking wet. Sonny, the owner/manager checked us in quickly and even dried our clothes while I warmed up in the jacuzzi! Then he referred us to a friendly place to eat (walking distance). What a friendly welcome to this motel. Sonny and his family really know the value of customer service.
My stay here was above my expectations, and greatly appreciated the very clean and friendly atmosphere! Thanks again Sonny!!

Room Tip: Get the room with the jacuzzi!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eddiejet
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

service was quick and helpful for our needs. central located in center of town. great price and owner are doing lots of up dating can't wait to come back next year and see all the finished up dates. very friend employees

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank holirose
Prescott Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

This motel was very clean. The staff was so helpful and nice. Location was central to many sites we vsited. I really think the staff makes this place worth visitng. I would like to thank them for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Faithyc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
The Fern Hotel
The Fern Hotel
#4 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin R...
#2 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#3 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Hotel Mead & Conference Center
Hotel Mead & Conference Center
#1 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
BEST WESTERN Plover Hotel & Conference Center
AmericInn Plover-Stevens Point

Been to Motel 6 Wisconsin Rapids? Share your experiences!