“Excellent! All around excellent.”

Hotel Mead & Conference Center
Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Hotel Mead and it was not only affordable, but looked fantastic!

Joan Moars was phenomenal in her help with planning our wedding and was more than willing to work with us during the wedding process.

The food was great, the venue was exceptionally clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a great and memorable reception, and our hotel room that night reflected the same quality we witnessed through the night. Clean room, comfy bed, great room.

We still come back for the great restaurants and tavern in the hotel itself. Definitely one of my favorite places in Wisconsin Rapids!

• Stayed: July 2014
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

First of all, congratulations - very happy for both of you and your new life together. Thank you so much for the excellent review, I know Joan was as always very involved in the details and wanted to make your special day so very SPECIAL for you, your friends and your families. Take care and see you back soon at one of your favorite places, the Hotel Mead.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Mead & Conference Center

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My stay was very relaxing. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. I ate in the dining area and the food was very good, The service was excellent. Meet with friends and had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thanks Cheryl for the excellent review from your recent "excellent stay". Sounds like you had a great time while at the hotel and that our staff took care of your every need. Happy to hear that you dined in the restaurant and that the food was good. The enhanced menu is receiving some pretty terrific reviews, glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I recently held my wedding reception in the Grand Ballroom at the Hotel Mead. My wedding reception was everything that I had ever dreamed of. The staff at the Hotel Mead were wonderful to work with. One staff member who stands out above all is Joan Mours. Joan is the Event Coordinator and was absolutely delightful to work with to coordinate the reception. She has a very warm, approachable manner and was meticulous in ensuring that all aspects of the reception were addressed and carried out according to my wishes. Joan was also wonderful about offering suggestions and was very prompt with returning emails and phone calls. The waitstaff and bartenders also did a wonderful job during dinner and the reception. The food was wonderful and we received many compliments from guests. Our entire family could not have been happier with how beautiful the reception was. The Hotel Mead also went above and beyond accommodating the special needs of some of my family. My mother-in-law is wheelchair bound, and Joan took extra time to allow us to tour multiple motel rooms to find the most spacious room that would most easily accommodate her equipment needs. It was all of the attention to details that really make the difference in an experience and the staff at the Hotel Mead specialize in making sure every guest feels special. I would highly recommend hosting any event at the Hotel Mead.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much Pam for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel from your wedding. I will certainly relay the kind words to Joan. Her meticulous nature for detail really comes through in her position as Special Events Coordinator. Also, very happy to hear we were able to meet all accommodation needs for your family during their stay.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We recently held our daughter's wedding reception in the Riverside Ballroom. We were delighted with the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff. Every staff member went out of their way to introduce themselves and explain what they would be responsible for for the evening. From the waitstaff and bartenders to the event planner and owner, everyone worked hard to ensure that our reception went well. It was like they were taking care of a member of their own family!! A special note regarding the event planner. Planning a wedding requires paying special attention to details. I worked with Joan for months. Joan responded quickly to all my questions via phone or email. She offered great suggestions like having a kids activity table available at the reception. And they had no problem with us bringing in a dart board for our guests to utilize. These things helped make our wedding reception unique and enjoyable for our guests. Additionally, we booked rooms for all the members of the family so that we didn't have to drive home. We are from Wisconsin Rapids and so had not stayed at the hotel. We found the rooms comfortable and reasonably priced. We highly recommend hosting any event, large or small, at the Hotel Mead!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you Joni for the terrific review, I am so glad that Joan was able to take care of every need you, your daughter and your family had for the wedding reception. That was a busy weekend so it is great to hear we pulled it off with perfect attention to detail from everyone involved.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We recently stayed at the Mead Hotel for the July 4th holiday. I made my reservations on line and specifically request the East Tower - Queen Room. My reservation confirmation number was 208386182. Upon check-in I was told my room was in the West Tower which I questioned but was told that it was a queen. When My husband and I got to our room #264 - it was most definitely NOT a queen, it was two double beds. At home we have a king size bed so a double seemed quite small. I suppose we could have gone back down to request a queen but we decided to just utilize the two double beds rather than go through the hassle of getting a different room. The hotel did not seem overly booked however so I am certain that a queen would have been available. Basically there were two little things wrong with our reservations, 1) we requested the East Tower and were put into the West Tower 2) we requested a queen room and were given a double.

A few other observations we made were that room service dishes sat out in the a hallway for a whole day and we walked past the dirty dishes multiple times during the day. They were removed by the next morning. Although very nice, the pool and the hot-tub area really need some maintenance and up-dating. The sauna was very nice. We were able to access the sunning deck/area outside by the pool but be very careful as there is a small little step that is easy to miss when you come back in from the bright sunshine. Perhaps this 3 inch step should be painted a bright color like yellow or red to make it stand out. The pool walls are showing signs of peeling paint and the hot tub and pool deck could benefit from a good cleaning with muriatic acid. Also on the second day of our stay, we utilized the pool and the sun deck again and noticed that the ash trays (buckets) in the out door sunning area had not been emptied and in addition three large 8 foot planks had been left laying in the middle of the sunning area. This could pose as a possible safety hazard, especially for the young children that playing in the pool, should they decide to venture out into the sun deck.

We realize that it was a holiday weekend and we noticed that the garbage receptacles by the outside entrance was over flowing with garbage and beer bottles. As it was a holiday this was to be expected however the garbage and over flowing beer bottles were still littering the sidewalk and entrance later afternoon the next day.

A nice touch that the Mead could offer to their guests is perhaps complimentary coffee or perhaps discount coupons for guests who choose to dine at the Café Mulino. We have dined at Café Mulino and the food is very good.

Typically I'm not one to complain and we have stayed at the Mead several times in the past. I really like the over-all ambiance of the hotel but attention to the little things would have made our stay much more enjoyable during this last visit.

Room Tip: Be certain to double check your room reservation, especially if you requested a specific bed size.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you for the review, I apologize for the error on the room. I assure you our highest priority is to ensure guests receive the proper room they had booked whether online or through the hotel directly, I am sorry we failed in this case. We also take seriously the other items you have noted and will follow-up accordingly to make sure those are resolved. Hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you back through Wisconsin Rapids.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our Dinner was Fantastic! The Servers were absolutely wonderful; coming to ask when you'd like to start salads and entrees. When you plan a large dinner like this; they treat you like royalty. Doing everything to your liking and when you want it done. We had Prime Rib and Chicken Florentine for our 2 choices. Everyone loved the food. It was awesome! The chair covers and table decorations were really great too! (Our dinner was a renewal with just family. So if you are having a larger more fancy wedding gathering I might suggest different center pieces.) But the chair covers they have with the black sashes and silver accents are beautiful!! I would definitely rebook here if I had to do it over!! We had the event in the Timberland room and we had a conference style table set up so everyone could visit and see each other instead of being separated. It again was wonderful! Hope this helps all who consider the Mead!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thanks Stacy for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel and our team. The new items we are now implementing are really starting to shine. The chair covers with accents look beautiful and the new carpet in that part of the hotel truly does have a "wow" factor. I will definitely relay the kind words to our staff - take care.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Mead last night. We were delayed getting into our room as the Hotel was full with out enough housekeeping staff. The room itself was clean but a little dusty. We were here for an anniversary party. Everything else was excellent. The food, amenities, and staff worked hard to make sure our stay was enjoyable. We will stay there again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: Corner rooms in the tower offer more room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Jon - thank you so much for reviewing the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the anniversary party, I heard everyone had a great time. The staff was really hustling to make it enjoyable. I sincerely apologize for the situation with the rooms, we were extremely busy but recovered later in the day. We will certainly address the dust issue. Safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin R...
#3 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#2 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Hampton Inn Plover / Stevens Point
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover

Been to Hotel Mead & Conference Center? Share your experiences!