Hotel Mead & Conference Center
Americas Best Value Inn(Wisconsin Rapids)
$79
Hotels.com
$109
$87
Motel 6 Wisconsin Rapids(Wisconsin Rapids)(Great Value!)
$51
The Fern Hotel(Wisconsin Rapids)
$76
$59
$51
Maples Motel(Wisconsin Rapids)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswest towerrecommend hotelgrand avenuecentral wisconsinwedding receptionhotel restaurantvery nice hotelking suitethe staff was friendly and helpfulbreakfast buffetroom was spaciousbusiness tripgreat place to staypleasant stayfront desk staffhot tubrapids
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel and based on other comments here we did not know what to expect.

The location we thought was a little obscure at first, but I'm thinking that was the GPS and it was late at night. We arrived at the back of the building (tower) that at night looks like it could be the front entrance.

We were pleasantly surprised. We were in the West Tower. Granted the hotel itself is a bit older as well as are some of the fixtures, but we thought the room we were given was spacious and nicely appointed - and best of all quiet! We had a free-room stay and upgraded to a King.

The pool area is clean and the water is warm, with a nice sized whirlpool. There is also a game room if you have kids.

Our receptionist (Gale I believe her name was) was very friendly and accommodating, considering we arrived very late. The following morning upon check out (12:00 which is great) the young man was equally nice and pleasant. No complaints there. Overall nice experience.

If I had to make a suggestion, I would recommend in the larger rooms/suites to put in a microwave.

Room Tip: The west tower has the newer flat screen televisions.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

We are so glad you were surprised and enjoyed your recent stay. The renovations have been completed in the West Wing as we work our way to the Atrium Tower. We are looking at the option of microwaves as well, thanks for the suggestion. I will relay the kind words to Gale and Tom, the front desk clerks you mentioned. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip ti Wisconsin Rapids. The hotel is nicely located with a onsite restaurant (most hotels in the area do not have this option). However, I did not have hot water the second night. The hotel is very old and is in needs to be refurbished. The room looks very old with outdated appliances such as TV (most of the channels did not work).

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Avishek K
Al D, Owner at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Avishek, we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel during your recent trip. I apologize for the hot water problem and the issue with the TV channels. We are in the middle of our remodel of the rooms to update them, I assure you we have taken notice of the concerns of our guests. The West Wing is completed and we are working our way to the Atrium Tower. Thanks so much for the kind words about our Café Mulino's food on its TripAdvisor site - the cheese curds are pretty terrific. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

food was good at the café but Sandy the waitress was more interested in chatting with the bartender than taking care of us. Will try it again in a couple weeks, lets hope for the best. we live about 5 miles from the café. 1/26/2014 at 7:50 pm

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have stayed at the Mead several times a year for the past 10 years, most recently this month.
I had considered staying elsewhere due to what I perceived as a decline in the overall value in the past few years.

I am glad I chose to return. There has been a significant improvement in the overall quality of the product in 2013. The staff at the front desk, restaurant and tavern were to a person, superb.

As part of this stay we held an event with lunch for 75 people. The entire staff listened very carefully to our requests and delivered exactly as promised. The food was very good, hot and delivered on time.

The quality of the product and the overall service was the best I have experienced here. Every employee was willing to go above and beyond their job to assist. Moreover, they understood what needed to be done and were empowered to make that happen.

Congratulations to the ownership, management and staff for all you have accomplished.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here for almost 2 weeks and it was like home. We had a large room with a great view. We wouldn't stay in any other hotel in the area! Only thing that could be improved is an upgrade on the TV's.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple