Staff: The staff for the most part was pretty friendly. There was one particular staff member who never greeted or ask how everything was, but I was not bothered by that. I enjoyed the staff that was at the bar - they were extremely friendly and full of social butterflies. The bar staff always had stories to share which resulted in me buying more drinks lol, but it made for a great time.
Exercise Room: It's nice to release some stress after a long day of work and taking advantage of the exercise room is something I always recommend at a hotel. The exercise room at Hotel Mead was clean, plenty of machines to use, and have plenty of televisions for your viewing pleasure. They also have a pool which seemed clean, but I didn't take advantage of it.
Inside Bar: There isn't a whole lot to do in middle-of-nowhere Wisconsin, so spending a few hours a night at the bar after a long day at work was pretty rewarding. I was able to meet other travel goers and network with others from around the country.
Showers: All I ask for in a hotel are clean sheets and a hot shower. The water was always hot and the shower head had plenty of pressure. I was satisfied. The hotel also offered complimentary soap, shampoo, and conditioner.
Internet: The hotel offers internet access and it was pretty quick. I never dropped my connection and didn't have any complaints about the speed.
The few negatives about the hotel:
* The hotel does seem a bit outdated, however, I have read that new ownership was taking over while I was there. Apparently the new ownership is putting a lot of money into the hotel to upgrade a lot of things and bring it up to par to the likes of a Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn.
* It's 2012, it's time to ditch the CRT television and upgrade to LCD with some HD channels. This is not to say that the TV is not watchable because I certainly watched sports all week long, but it's time to upgrade for the sake of modernization.
Overall, I recommend this hotel. The old style is nice and appreciative after spending many visits in more modern hotels. I slept well, was comfortable, and did not have any issues with other guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Central Wisconsin, Hotel Mead offers distinctive, luxury accommodations at affordable prices.Whether you are planning a meeting, romantic getaway or wedding reception, our attentive and seasoned staff pledge to insure a pleasantly memorable experience. Plan your next stay, vacation, business meeting, group event, banquet, conference, convention, wedding or reception at Central Wisconsin’s premier lodging and conference destination - the Hotel Mead. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Mead & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mead Hotel Wisconsin Rapids