“Enjoyable”

Hotel Mead & Conference Center
Naples, Florida
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed two nights. Friday night the outdoor band provided good entertainment. Everything convenient. Bar and restaurant in hotel. Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable room. Good place to stay. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Wisconsin Rapids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We were in Rapids to visit family. We got a deluxe room ($112 incl tax) fri 7/27 . The deluxe rooms have fridges. I made the reservation by phone, keeping my confirmation number, as another reviewer had said they should have to avoid problems claiming my room. Not only was there no problem, we called at about 8pm when we found we would be arriving at a late hour, about 10:00. The lady on the phone just replied "I will be here to take care of you". We arrived at 9:30, checked in and had a few wisconsin microbrews while we waited for the 14" supreme pizza ('roni, peppers, onion, mush, etc) we ordered at the hotel bar since the restaurant closed at 9 as did probably everyone in town serving food. Bar kitchen closes at 10pm. The bartender Jason (Jordan?) was attentive and friendly, the (wood fired) pizza quite good, a whole grain crust would have been nice in my opinion.

I could see nothing that was out of date in the lobbies, halls or bar. All very nice (and new, well maintained) furnishings, etc. Our room had the air cranked when we arrived (too much for us, we will mention next time to leave air low/off).

The bathroom and shower were clean, good water pressure. There is a sink in the bathroom and a second one outside bathroom. A telescoping mirror in the bathroom to see behind you and a iron and board in the clothes closet. There were towels and a bar of each face and body soap, but no other toiletries provided, we wouldn't have used them anyway. Maybe you can get complimentary ones if you ask.

The furniture, paint, curtains, bedding, were all very new, the beds comfortable, the room and halls quiet. There was a desk in the room to work at and a fridge and a few clothes drawers in the armoire/TV cabinet..

The only thing I would have used that wasn't there was something to write with. I was going to go get something at the front desk, but right then we were ready to leave, so I just used one from the car.

All in all, a good experience. I dont want people stumbling over themselves to please me with fake smiles, smoke and mirrors, as is becoming the norm in the service industry. I wanted to stay at Hotel Mead because it's longevity in the community and not being a chain. Didn't want cookie cutter. It doesn't take a big chain to provide sophisticated accommodations.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge, get a deluxe room. We were in the west wing. I have read somewhere here tha...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I wasn't very please with my visit. I reserved my room on-line and needed to make changes, When I called, I was told that I needed to to this on-line. After some time, I did find where I needed to make the changes. When we arrived, they didn't have my changes and was told that the on-line and the in-house reservation system did not work together. Then we were told we had double beds!
When we got to our room, there was an empty bad of food sitting there from who? the previous guest or the people that clean? Gross! My kids were really grossed out!
This is a nice property and with some updating, it could be so much better!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rose F
Angela V, Front Office Manager at Hotel Mead & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Hotel Mead. My sincere apology for the stay you experienced. This certainly is not the experience we want for our guests. We have researched the items in your posting and have taken immediate steps to address them so they do not happen again. We are truly sorry for the issues that made your stay less then perfect . We hope you will consider staying with us again as we continue to make changes positively affecting the guest experience at the hotel. We confidently look forward to your next stay with us and welcome your comments for continued improvement.
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed 2 nights with dtr and granddtr. "I need your card" were the first words I heard at the check-in desk. Also was not informed of additional "hold" charges that would show up on my account, supposedly to be taken off at some point (I hope). Breakfast waitress was slow, overwhelmed (she was the only waitress). Rooms need updating and bed was not comfortable. The hotel was quiet, though, and that is always a plus. Pool area is nice and clean. We did encounter some staff who seemed interested in making our stay a memorable one. Excellent waiter at dinner on 7/14. There was little to do in the area. We did visit the grotto and cheese shop in Rudolph, though, and were pleasantly surprised. All in all, it was a place to stay so that we could get together and visit somewhere in the middle of where each of us live. To be a successful business (in this economy especially) the customer has to walk away with an exceptional experience; not an average or OK one. I probably won't be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JJMmom
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This hotel has a very good restaurant with reasonable prices and wonderful Italian cuisine and fabulous specialty pizzas.
Our first assigned room was okay at first glance but the beds are only full sized! I thought okay, let's give it a try so I laid down and my feet hung off of the bed! I called down to the front desk and the very helpful person there let me upgrade to a king sized room for not a lot more and it was perfect. Some of the furnishings are getting pretty worn but overall this is a nice place to stay.
So, if you are tall upgrade to the king room because they do not have queen beds in this hotel. Nice room, great Italian food, nice atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kristasmom
We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at Hotel Mead via TripAdvisor. Our managers and associates are always and receptive to comments form our guests both Kudos and suggestions for improvement. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to have you visit us again soon.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2012

No complaints. Clean, bar and restaurants were good and not over priced, friendly staff. Beds comfortable. Still have the older TV's but not a big deal. Free Wi-Fi. They had a band both nights we stayed there. Really no reason to have to go some place. Just went to Wi Rapids to get away. Casino less than 30 minutes away. Will plan to come back.

Room Tip: They have pet rooms on the first floor which is nice for those want to take their buddy with them.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank withvalidity
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I have watched this hotel change over the years, first expanding and turning into a grande hotel for the area and now changing hands every few years. Unfortunately it has not been good for the place. I belong to the Club Mead which gets you nice perks if you come a couple of times a year, but that used to mean a nice turned down bed and some fantastic goodie in the pillow and a free drink for all members of your party and those things are gone. So are a lot of the excellent employees they used to have, no cocktail waitress in the bar, desk service is far less than helpful and too impersonal now and one restaurant is now closed. The former game room is gone, no bucket was anywhere for the sauna and the pool which used to be so warm now is not. It is nearly to the point that the value is slipping away which is too bad. I understand in bad times you try to cut corners and perhaps I have been coming there for too many years so I am disappointed. that being said, the rooms are nice, the walls are thick so it is quiet even with a soccer tourney staying there, it is nice and close to everything and the bar and restaurant are great to have on site. It is just too bad that extremely friendly atmosphere seems to have gone away, this place could and has been so much more.

Room Tip: The west wing is the nicest part, but more expensive holding the suites. Worth the upgrade for the q...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank readytogoaway
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin Rapids
Sleep Inn And Suites Wisconsin R...
#3 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Rapids
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wiscons...
#2 of 7 in Wisconsin Rapids
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 5 in Plover
Best Western Plover Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Hotel Mead & Conference Center? Share your experiences!