Tripadvisor
Wisconsin Dells
Post
Inbox
Search

“After another visit, bumping it up to 5 stars.”

Kyoto Hibachi-Sushi
Ranked #63 of 195 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Description: We strive to bring the tastes of Japan to the Wisconsin Dells Area. We offer more variations to the dining experiences in the Dells. You will find the restaurant to be family friendly and the staff very down the earth. We try our best to accomodate every customer that walks in our door. We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is actually my second review for Kyoto Hibachi - Sushi. I am not sure if Trip Advisor deletes old reviews after I post an update, so I will echo some thoughts I had the first time just in case.

Dear readers, as I said before I am a big time lover of Hibachi and Teppanyaki. The show, the flavors, all of it. Love it.

Our first time at this little gem, I thought it was so close to being GREAT and it was just missing out on a few things. The chef wasn't quite as polished as one might come to expect from one of these joints, it was a little shabby decor and vibe wise, and it just lacked that bit of polish one would hope a GREAT place would have.

Our second time (Save for one thing which I will get to later) was a delight. This time around, more of the family joined us. We had the table just to us. It was busier than previous visit by a large margin. Our last time here we were darn near the only ones and got in right away and shared a table with strangers. this time we had over half an hour wait (We really should have called ahead, that was our bad. but we wandered around while waiting. There isn't much of a wait area to be had IN the restaurant)

But once we got in and seated it was just great.

As I said in my previous review, the prices are outstanding. The food is delicious and the service is fantastic. This time around our chef was a pro. He had the razzle dazzle on point. Robby, who's love for fire and flames makes DragonForce blush, requested time and time again the little volcano trick and the lighting of anything and everything on fire. Chef obliged and performed it for us several times. While cooking, chef gave out free sake squirts that were hilarious and plentiful.

The place was alive with the laughter. It appeared that everyone was having as good of a time as we were, and we had a blast.

The one and only downside to the visit, the bathroom was a disaster. The door not only didn't lock, it kind of started to swing open if you were in there. And the toilet was broken and quite prone to overflowing. It was a mess. Everything else, however, was so good and we had such a good time I was willing to look past it. We just had to go to the bathroom buddy system style to keep the door closed.

So, that being said, I think we have found a regular haunt for our Dells vacations. It might be small and it is tucked away on a little strip mall, but it is absolutely worth it. The value alone is worth going, you will pay much more at similar joints across the land.

Full marks, friends. I only hesitate in bumping up the review because I don't want to increase wait times the next vacation we roll on through.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank BurgerHatSummers
Write a reviewReviews (63)

Reviewed January 6, 2020

We had an ok meal. One frustration was the lack of flexibility with separating the broccoli from the other vegetables. Most similar restaurants have been very accommodating with this.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 4, 2019 via mobile

Good food and entertaining chefs. Nice middle of the road place with decent selection on the menu. Good place to meet people

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 29, 2019 via mobile

Better than most Hibachi places compared to other States. Fresh tuna sushi and seasoning of Hibachi dishes was just right, not too salty and not to bland.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

This place was absolutely amazing! The food was delicious from the Hibachi steak and chicken to the sushi and dessert we had it all. The Filet Mignon was seriously melt in your mouth good! Our waitress was awesome, the whole staff was actually. Our waitress even shared some watermelon with our children that the staff was having because they saw it, and thought it was on the menu. I could go on and on. I’m not sure how we have come to the Dells for so many years and missed this place. So glad that we found it and will definitely be back!!

Date of visit: September 2019