All reviewsyogurtswedish pancakeseggs and sausageother gueststhe main housebed and breakfastvcrparents
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I LOVED this place. For anyone who would like to stay in the Wisconsin Dells but not in a cookie cutter hotel room, who might be interested in an incredible made-from-scratch breakfast that is prepared and served by a local, hardworking, and gregarious farm family, and who might want their kids to experience a good old fashioned petting zoo and farmers market before they ride the roller coasters and water slides.

It ain't a Best Western. It's a bed and breakfast, and if you enjoy these small and endearing types of places, then do not be swayed by ignorant reviewers who apparently mistake the smell of baking bread in an old gas oven for something foreign.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank SeekingDistraction
Reviewed July 14, 2008

My new bride and I stayed in the Wicker Room during the weekend of the WI Harley Owner's Group State Rally...it was our mini-honeymoon. We had an excellant time!!! The hospitality was warm and inviting. The room was beyond our expectations, and the food was superb!!! We had the fortunate luck of having our Sunday breakfast fall upon the same day as their Father's Day buffet. There were too many delicious dishes of food to even begin to describe!!! Anita was an excellant hostess. We were in the Dells area not long after the torrential rains devastated the area. Anita helped our group avoid the worst traffic congestion by giving us excellant and scenic directions on backroads. I highly recommend this to anyone staying in the Dells area...it made our honeymoon that much more memorable.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chicster
Reviewed June 30, 2008

My daughter and I stayed for 3 nights in the Wildflower room. It was decorated nice and it had a small kitchenette. On the down side, the lock on my door was extremely difficult to lock up and open. Also, the shower would be either too hot or cold. There is a good selection of complimentary videos and the owner had made fresh popcorn which was appreciated. The breakfast is excellent. The owner, Anita served scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, pancakes with fresh whipped cream and yogurt. We enjoyed it. My daughter also liked visiting the farm animals and visited the kittens often as she could. The dinner show is excellent and I highly recommend it if you enjoy violin music. Anita's daughter, Kari is an excellent violinst.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jbear8989
Reviewed May 17, 2008

Everything above is sooo not true, I found Thunder Valley on line and then searched for reviews because now in these days pictures are very very tricky, anyways based on these " Great Reviews" I went ahead and reserved, and was tolled about the policies, that are stated in their website, well until I arrived there I completely understood the reason of their policies, long story short .

The place is old, ok I get that, But the smell ? It smelled like cockroach in the kitchen and dinning area, and the lady was trying to convince me to stay for her great food !! Everything was dusty and humid, For a 100 dollars per night !! And talk about the guest I saw around, Ghetto !! Of course whom else would want to stay there Nooo, no, no. Me and my family did Not stayed ....

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindsaynjulian
Reviewed June 30, 2007

This was my boyfriend's and my second annual trip to the Thunder Valley Inn, and it was absolutely wonderful the second time around--we already can't wait to get back there and we just left this afternoon!

The food is the best--the Nelsons describe it as "simply country food" but it is truly better than I've had in 5 star restaurants and hotels. Be sure to have breakfast AND dinner during your stay! It is fresh, and made with love, and is just delicious! We've now been for one special show (with a Russian classical string trio) and one regular threshing dinner show, and both were delightful. The Nelsons are some of the sweetest people we've ever met and it's just a joy to visit their B&B. We definitely hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends