“Can't wait to plan another trip!”
Review of Thunder Valley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Thunder Valley Inn
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband surprised me with a trip to the Dells for my birthday. He found Thunder Valley on-line. We were very blessed from the get go when we arrived were greeted warmly by Anita. When we arrived in the room after a small tour there was a lil hand written banner saying Happy Birthday from Thunder Valley Inn. Anita also told us some of their favorite places and we took advantage of a few that showed the beauty of the area and a winery that was about 45 mins. away. The b&b was a little rustic get away with good home cooked scandanavian food (yes there are a few yummy sweets) we did not see or smell any thing the people who complained were talking about and our room smelled like cedar as tge walls were cedar. Yes it is slightly worn as the place is over 100 years old but they are doing some updates and it adds to some of the charm. Get ready to be genuinly treated warmly as friends or family. My only regrets are that we were only there for the weekend and sorry we did not know it was customary to leave a tip. Ignore the bad reviews!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank sfarner
There are newer reviews for Thunder Valley Inn

Reviewed July 25, 2011

We stayed here during a trip to the Dells. The price was good, but then with the coupons we got, which saved us $$ it got even better. It is outside of the city area, so it is quiet. The farmhouse is old, very historical from the mid 1800's. The room was large and comfortable, with a small kitchenette in the bargain, and very clean. The spacious downstairs was open to all, and had lots to do. The breakfast in the morning was EXCELLENT! Plenty of variety and very good and tasty! And our hostess was both gracious and fun!. An excellent value, we loved it, and will stop there again given the chance!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pastlady
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I was very pleasantly surprised at the charming atmosphere in the farm haus - it was just like staying at Grandma's! Anita was the most gracious host, giving us a tour and explaining more of the facilities. We traveled with a group of four couples and each of our rooms were very unique and cute. The breakfast the next morning was wonderful...something for everyone's taste and plenty of it! I enjoyed the offering in the gift shop and an extra was a farmer's market that is held on Sunday featuring fresh produce and crafts. I can't wait to go back with my kids - they'll love the petting zoo! I highly recommend this B&B to people looking for a wholesome retreat!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lynmof
Reviewed July 3, 2010

If you would like quiet, peaceful, yet fun and interesting this is the place. It was immaculate. The website appears much more kitsche the the actual place. Anita is a great hostess. I would definitely recommend it. I have traveled alot and this place exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Lalola-spike
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I LOVED this place. For anyone who would like to stay in the Wisconsin Dells but not in a cookie cutter hotel room, who might be interested in an incredible made-from-scratch breakfast that is prepared and served by a local, hardworking, and gregarious farm family, and who might want their kids to experience a good old fashioned petting zoo and farmers market before they ride the roller coasters and water slides.

It ain't a Best Western. It's a bed and breakfast, and if you enjoy these small and endearing types of places, then do not be swayed by ignorant reviewers who apparently mistake the smell of baking bread in an old gas oven for something foreign.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank SeekingDistraction
Reviewed July 14, 2008

My new bride and I stayed in the Wicker Room during the weekend of the WI Harley Owner's Group State Rally...it was our mini-honeymoon. We had an excellant time!!! The hospitality was warm and inviting. The room was beyond our expectations, and the food was superb!!! We had the fortunate luck of having our Sunday breakfast fall upon the same day as their Father's Day buffet. There were too many delicious dishes of food to even begin to describe!!! Anita was an excellant hostess. We were in the Dells area not long after the torrential rains devastated the area. Anita helped our group avoid the worst traffic congestion by giving us excellant and scenic directions on backroads. I highly recommend this to anyone staying in the Dells area...it made our honeymoon that much more memorable.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank chicster
Reviewed June 30, 2008

My daughter and I stayed for 3 nights in the Wildflower room. It was decorated nice and it had a small kitchenette. On the down side, the lock on my door was extremely difficult to lock up and open. Also, the shower would be either too hot or cold. There is a good selection of complimentary videos and the owner had made fresh popcorn which was appreciated. The breakfast is excellent. The owner, Anita served scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, pancakes with fresh whipped cream and yogurt. We enjoyed it. My daughter also liked visiting the farm animals and visited the kittens often as she could. The dinner show is excellent and I highly recommend it if you enjoy violin music. Anita's daughter, Kari is an excellent violinst.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family