“Slow Service at First, but Excellent Fish”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #62 of 190 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Burlington, Wisconsin
“Slow Service at First, but Excellent Fish”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I had another great meal at Perkins! The restaurant was busy on the Friday night I was here at first, and the service was slow at first as a result. It took a few minutes for someone to seat me. After being seated, it took nearly 10 minutes to get drink order taken. The hostess ended up being my waitress, too, since no one else came over yet. I think there was only 1 other waitress but I'm not sure. They seemed short-handed. I ordered my food right away, too. The hostess did fine as a waitress, and she was friendly and checked in often. I was kind of surprised that Perkins did not have more seafood selections for a Friday in Lent, as they usually have a special seafood menu for Lent. There is not much to choose from if you need to abstain from meat on Fridays in Lent other than breakfast items like pancakes, eggs, and French toast. However, I did notice in the dinner section of the regular menu that they had tilapia. I ordered the tilapia fish, and it was delicious and freshly cooked with lemon pepper. I had sides of broccoli and mashed potatoes. I think the fish was better here at a chain restaurant than at some privately owned restaurants back home! It was very good, and I left feeling satisfied. It also came out pretty fast. By the time I finished my meal, the restaurant had gotten eerily dead, and there was only one table left in the whole place! They were going to be closing once they finished unless other customers came in before that. I enjoyed my meal and would return!

Visited March 2014

Mendon
“Mayo home”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Greeted by super friendly staff. Great service & good food! Dining area had a nice & clean presentation, restrooms were clean as well. Would recommend & would stop here again.

Burlington, Wisconsin
“Good Service and Tasty Meal”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I enjoyed my meal at the WI Dells Perkins. I went to Perkins for lunch, and even though the restaurant was fairly busy, I was seated promptly and my waitress was friendly and checked in often. The waitress checked in just the right amount of times--not too little but not too much. I ordered a Rueben sandwich and fries, and the food was served hot and fast. I only had to wait about 10 minutes before getting my food. I ended up taking half of the sandwich home to eat later since it was a good sized sandwich. I found this Perkins to be a typical Perkins restaurant with friendly service and satisfying food. Nothing really stood out to me that made this Perkins special or superior to any other location, but it was good food. I always enjoy the wide selection on the menu at Perkins and they always seem to have something new to try. I enjoyed my meal and was satisfied with the quality and service. Would recommend.

Visited November 2013
Chicago, United States
“Good breakfast and great service!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

After a really nice weekend with our close friends, this was one of our last stops in the Dells before heading home. My group of six was greeted and seated very quickly. The hostess even took the time to smile and tell us she hoped we would enjoy our breakfast. We did! Our server was very polite and efficient. I had the ham and eggs. Others in my party ordered a variety of breakfast items off the menu. All of us agreed the food came out quickly, was hot, tasty, and a really good value. Our server checked back with us often, but wasn't a pest like some servers can be. Paying our bills was also very pleasant as the cashier also smiled and asked about our experience. I've been to other Perkins across the Midwest and this one stood out compared to the others. With all the dinning choices now available in this area, this one would be a good choice for you and your family.

• Visited October 2013
Holmen
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Done in a timely manner...great service....breakfast hot and delious...eggs cooked right for my husband over medium seems to be hard for some places to do...love the potatoes

• Visited August 2013