“not the best Perkins I have been to”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #67 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed November 4, 2011

With the end of tourist season, I guess they don't expect to many people over the noon hour. We stood at the fron for 20 minutes to get seated. There were 2 people ahead of us, and maybe 20 people in the cafe. The hostess was trying to wait on guests, cook, and serve them. After finally getting seated, it was 20 more minutes to get our drinks. After our orders were taken.....we sat for a full hour to get our food. It was cold by the time we got it.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

My expectations were low, as I was expecting a Denny's type experience. Pleasant surprise to discover the food was better quality, the restaurant was very clean, the server quite entertaining--overall it was a place I intended to revisit the very same trip. Especially since my hamburger filled me too much so I had to skip out on the pie. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

I was so glad to go to a Perkins again, since these are a rarity in Illinois and I always loved Perkins. We weren't let down here. Service was a tad slow, but they were a little busy. The food was very good though. The biscuits and gravy were awesome,crispy bacon, and the seasoned breakfast potatoes (not the hashbrowns) were the best i've ever had!

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We made the mistake of going to Perkins for a late breakfast. It was quite busy so I understand the wait to be seating. What I don't understand was the service that we received from the waitress. The people seated across the aisle from us sat after us, received food before us and left before we even received our food. It was close to 50 minutes waiting for our food. Not only was the wait for the food unacceptable...so was the service. Our waitress didn't once check in on us during that time. Never asked if we needed refills or even a sorry for the wait. If you like poor service and waiting a long time for mediocre food, then this Perkins is for you. If you want good service, skip this Perkins and go somewhere else.

1  Thank JanGirl
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Went at night on a weekday, not very busy. Great service from Daniel, gave us lots of suggestions and things to try. Great restaurant all around.