“CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #29 of 190 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Madison, WI
“CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE!”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

i've been a fan of famous dave's for years so i thought it would be a good idea to eat at famous dave's at the dells...boy, was i wrong. I had never dealt with such a rude waitress in my life until i went to FD. She even complained about her tip! what did she expect after the bad service she gave us? Famous Dave's has great food, but the service is NO GOOD!

chicago
“good predictable food”
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I love Famous Dave's they are predictable for BBQ. We ate there on August 24th for and early dinner. They have a great lunch menu and you can also order off of the dinner menu. We had standard BBQ....rib tips (interesting buttery flavor) Beef Brisket, BBQ Chicken and Catfish. The dinners came with a corn muffin that was quite good. The service was great our Waiter Brad never let our drinks go empty and was really nice. They have a deal for like $55 that is a feast for at least 3 people. We did not do that but it looked good. There was no room fo dessert but the bread pudding has always been a favorite of mine when we go there. The kids meals were reasonable and good portions. My daughter had chicken strips and they were tasty. Dinner ran us about $60 for 3 adults and a child with tip. I will be back!!!!

Almaty, Kazakhstan
“Worst Dave's Ever”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

While we're huge fans of the chain, this was our least satisfying visit ever. It started when we were shown to a table squeezed between another group of 4 and a table of 8, and to get some more space we asked if we could instead sit at another table off to the side. Our host replied that we couldn't do so, as it was in another section. When I asked what difference that made, he replied that he didn't want to double-seat a server, at which point I told him that I didn't care who waited on us, but that we simply wanted a more comfortable table. He insisted on going to talk to somebody about it, leaving us standing there until another employee arrived and sat us at the table we requested. It was really an odd and offputting way to begin our meal. Our server was decent but insisted on swapping out our ketchup, salt and pepper and other items during our meal, plus the entrees arrived without the famous cornbread, which was still in the oven, we were told. In addition, the entrees are noticeably smaller at this location than at any other one we've been at, and to top things off the restroom was quite dirty, with used paper towels scattered all over the floor. The food was delicious as usual, but I'd never return to this location.

2 Thank AmateurCritic
iowacity
“Great Place”
Reviewed July 11, 2008

It was a first time visit for me but a repeat for the rest of our group. The staff was great. The place was great, and most importantly the food and the price were Great. We will be returning on our next visit.

1 Thank iowacityguy23
West Des Moines, Iowa
“A staple on the Dels trip”
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I have eaten here multiple times and have yet to have a bad experience. Great food, service, and prices!

1 Thank Hawkeye1985